Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2016 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday imageimage Half way, AND there's a good chance I'll have it between 37 & 40 weeks.

I'm the other way, I end up staying up late but sleeping in image lol. In the first trimester I was tired by 8pm but these days my body clock has completely shifted so I'm up past midnight, but sleep too long in a morning lol

• Options

Lol I fell alsleep at 8.30 just woke up thinking I had no dinner lol long lie in morning since kids off xxx

• Options

I do that Jwesbster lols had been working since 10 in the morning until 9 at night came in and fell asleep within 10 mins of being home no dinner. Woke up at 5 thinking is it bad if I go make something. Always happens. 

Phoenix that's exiting half way through already. Have you bought any baby stuff yet?

Claire that doesnt sound good. Hope the doctors can help you. Where are you from as in Glasgow they run classes for mums to be. Might be worth checking if your interested:

• Options

I've bought loads lol.
    Tonnes of baby clothes, some nappies & cloth wipes, and my 'changing bag'. And a few new slings lol.

But the big/expensive items like car seat etc I'm leaving til May/June.

I had loads of 0-3 stuff so I went and bought 6 'newborn' vests and they're the same size as the 0-3 I already had image lol. And the newborn babygrow is only a tiny bit smaller than the 0-3 ones.
    Nevermind, will be fine.
    I'm hoping it'll be so warm the baby will only want a nappy on lol.

• Options

Thank you Zoie, I didn't go docs because I had a valentines Day thing at my sons school, will have to see what happens as its half term now! i had a late night last night then oh's alarm woke me up at 5 couldn't get back to sleep, then I started crying to him about loads of different stuff.. Emotional wreck lol.. I don't think they have any groups where I am in Essex. The antenatal class is one day can you believe that. 

Ive got the whole nursery set up, but no bedding, bought a really cool top and tail bowl that hooks on the side of the changer from ikea! Saw some gorgeous clothes in next, the baby grows were lovely :) need to get a car seat, crib and bath support and all the baby bath stuff. 

whats everyone's feelings on cot bumpers? X 

• Options

I got my pram car seat just paying that up 

loads blankets 

about 30 vests 

about 30 bibs 

8 sleep suits 

strealiser

all my bottles 

3 packs of Nappys 

got a gro bag 

see Moses baskets I like but just waiting till I find out if it's pink blue then I pick that up X 

• Options

I just used my John Lewis gift card. Bought 3 newborn vests, 3 newborn sleepsuits, and a 3 pack of "tiny baby" vests because my last baby was 6lb 11oz and was in tiny baby til she was 8lbs! (even though tiny baby says "up to 7lb").
    I am estimating this one will be between 7 & 8lbs so I decided as it wasn't costing me anything I may as well get a few smaller vests just in case.
    Will make do with the newborn sleepsuits though (if baby is tiny I'll just have to get a pack of tiny baby sleepsuits once they're here - when I had my first-born my mum had to go out and get prem baby stuff the next morning cos the baby was 5lb 14oz and everything newborn was massive. Prem baby clothes were "up to 5lb" but fit til he was about 7lb lol).

I think cot bumpers are cute, but not safe so I wouldn't use them.

I have about 8 bibs, 9 vests in newborn/0-3 (pretty much the same size very little difference in them), 3 newborn size babygrows, and a few 'playsuits' (the babygrows that don't have feet in them and poppers on the legs/crotch but not down the front)
    Oh and a few pairs of cotton dungarees and one top & 'bloomers' outfit (so cute!)

• Options

That's not including the John Lewis stuff of course. When that comes I'll have an extra 6 vests and 3 sleepsuits/babygrows lol

• Options

You've just reminded me we have a John Lewis card.. I sense a shopping trip coming on haha.

this is what I've read that they are unsafe,I had one before but now wondering whether to get these velcro bar covers from m&p instead :S 

• Options

So I just got all the baby stuff out to take pictures and found I have 6 vests I completely forgot about image Oops! LOL

Have loads now!!! Going to post some pictures like Jwebster did lol

• Options

image Vests all in Newborn and 0-3.

image Babygrows and bibs (and matching hats for 2 of them). The two in the middle that are stripey are actually Tiny Baby! Didn't realise lol. So I do have a couple of small babygrows :D

image These are the playsuits/rompers, and socks, and 2 muslins (the rainbow one at the bottom, star one at top of pic) All these are 0-3months. And the top & shorts set top left, also 0-3m.

• Options

Phoenix I love all your baby stuff I can't wait 2 add colour stuff 2 my stuff can't believe we are all gettin sorted for our Wee baby's lol kust back from midwife gutted didn't liesten 2 baby heartbeat said it cost 2 much as we're sending loads of lady's for scans was costing 2 much money there Wee baby's were all fine X 

• Options

Thank you :)

Aww, that's a shame, but my midwife said they prefer mums to just pay attention to movements rather than listen to the heart beat (probably a similar thing, too many women going for extra scans if the doppler can't pick it up).
    I'm sure she'll try at your next appointment.
    I think they prefer to wait til after 20 weeks now so they have a better chance of picking it up.

• Options

Yes that's wat she said at my next app she will it should be at 22 weeks but it's Easter hoildays so 7 weeks i am back I be 23 weeks then flying by x

• Options

jwebster how can they say that it's too much money to listen to a heartbeat on a Doppler that they have in a drawer? no wonder why people are buying their own Dopplers X 

• Options

I love all the clothes Phoenix really cute and brightly coloured!! X 

• Options

No it's not 2 much money for dopplers it because she told me at 16 weeks baby's are still small if there could not find a heartbeat there sent the mums 2 hosptial for a scan when there Wee baby's are fine it's the scans that were costing 2 much money X 

• Options

I think that's a good thing though better to be safe than sorry. I really don't understand the NHS we have one of the highest still born rates in Europe and it's because they cut corners. 

• Options

Sorry I just get annoyed with them they're making me pay private to check if I have Strep B when I had it before and my son was in hospital for a week with a high infection rate, so they will just do the same with this baby doesn't seem fair does it. My son had to have a lumbar puncture and other tests it was horrible to go through, with this baby it could be avoidable but they won't test me :( 

• Options

Omg that's out of order that there making you pay private for it Mrs your so so true cut all the corners I was shocked when she said I like I allways hear all my other 2 baby's heartbeats from I was 16 weeks last baby was so far gone everything was so late x