Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2016 - Part 3

Replies

• Makes u wonder what we pay our taxes for :( yeah it's really stressing me out wish things were easy! Last time he couldn't get the antibiotics through me because I had him too quickly. Would rather be tested before than them give him antibiotics he doesnt need - if they will do that at least. They might just do nothing and see what happens after birth. I'm going to put my foot down with the midwife next week, I like to have a plan of action haha. I've decided to have an epidural this time :)

• Yes totally it's just so unfair I think hear your Wee baby heartbeat just give you piece mind yes put your foot down tell her it's not gd enough out order your made 2 pay for a test really makes me angry so it does has midwife liesten 2 your baby heartbeat yet x

• Exactly and it's a small treat for us mums not everyone has had private scans etc and then to get told no we don't listen to heartbeat. I'm seeing her next week for my 16 week scan, they didn't write my appointment down or tell me when it was so when I rang to say I haven't had an appointment, they booked me one instead of looking to see if I did have one booked, then later on same day I get a call asking why I'd missed my appointment.. So it's next week now I'll be 17 nearly 18 weeks. I'm 17 weeks today :) how far are you now x 

• That's out of order sum of them just don't care now I am 16 weeks 2day got my private scan on wed then my 20 week scan st hosptial on 18th march X 

• Gosh that's not nice is it to be told that jwebster. they listened to mine at my 16 week appointment used a doppler it's not like they need a new one for every person they have one in their kit so it wouldn't of taken long to do it. I know they wait for 16 weeks but you are so not sure why they wouldnt. Sorry to hear it though x

• Sorry that didn't mean to say 16 week scan just 16 week appointment :) aww bet u can't wait and you've got your gender one next week. I've got my 20 week on March 3rd :) excited X 

• I starting 2 think every area is different were do you live k85m 

• No Claire I am so so exicted see wat colour of bump I going have oh 3rd of March not be long in cumming in xx

• They should all work the same shudnt they! Not that it happens :( I'm in the West Midlands 

• image image

spot the bump!! 

• Oh look at your Wee bump claire2015 so sweet X 

• I don't think all areas are same midwife says sum areas are 28 weeks before liesten 2 heartbeat x

• Think it be early bed for me not felt great since I got my bloods took 2day at midwifes xx hope your all gd who next for there gender scan X 

• Mines 25th Feb so prob not me lol x

• Mine is we'd but that's a private scan x

• Aww thank you x 

• Claire2015 was it confirmed that he had GBS infection? If it was some units will treat you with antibiotics in labour coz of prev neonatal GBS so screening wouldn't be necessary. Check with ur midwife x 

p.s might be a good time to mention I'm a midwife. Wasn't sure when to drop that into the conversation. It's a bit like when I go to the doctors for smear and she spends 20 mins explaining what a cervix is and I think shall I tell her now that I'm quite familiar with the term 'cervix' 😊

• Aww we will all be asking you for lots of advice now! Lol!

I just want them to either check me or give him antibiotics. The midwife seemed unsure about saying whether I will have antibiotics but said I will have to pay to be checked so I am going to find out for sure next week when I see her. I knew I had it before I gave birth and when I had him he had an infection his infection rate was over 50, they didn't know what it was but he was put on antibiotics for a week and they said whatever it was has now gone. It was like they didn't want to tell me what he had?

i keep thinking about the birth because I had him quickly before, so if I'm going to be on a drip can I go to hospital straight away when labour starts so it defo goes into my blood stream  X 

• Ur midwife will give u the heads up about what to do closer to ur due date but if the plan is for antibiotics then they would start when ur in labour so they would want u to go in when u feel ur in labour. The only thing is if u go in to soon and it not in established labour they may send u back coz they cant start treatment to soon coz 

• everything could just stop and youd have been treated unnecessarily.

It's a tricky one gbs, coz so many of us will carry the bacteria without any knowledge or issue. most women find out by complete chance. The 'should they screen everyone' is such a difficult question coz of the fact that screening could then lead to so many be treated with antibiotics who may never have any effect from it. But there are guidelines and risk factors and women who have had babies who have been effected is one of them x