Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2016 - Part 5

Replies

• Aww bless her I dont blame her jwebster shopping is a nightmare lol. yeah you're right hopefully u don't go late! Hoping I don't either! I'd rather be a couple of weeks early! My hubby has 6 weeks off paternity but he might do 4 and then the other 2 later on x 

• I know wat you mean don't see me going over but you just don't know do we need wait see lol x

• I'm hoping mine's a little early too. LOL

• I'll be early but won't be small ha. Packed my hospital bag just all sorted in spare room so wen it happens I'm ready to go. Took 4 baby grows and 4 vests, a hat and mits (not that I used them with son) all in one to come home with and a blanket for her. Don't need anything else do I? Other than nappies and milk cotton wool etc x 

• Bibs and Muslin? X 

• Yes thank u I use Muslim squares to start with stick em over shoulder as well ha can't think where they are now ha x 

• Sorry muslin! Predictive text! x

• Hope all goes well for those having the w/cough jab tomorrow. I had mine at 28 weeks and other than my arm being a little tender for a day or two I was perfectly fine.  

Mothercare have got 30% off cotbeds at the moment so plan to drag DH there tomorrow to finally make a decision on our nursery furniture.  I also want to book in for a bump photo shoot. DH is a photographer so we like capturing everything but I want him in the photos so planning to book in with someone else. Thing is he is so fussy about everyone else's work! I still have sympathy for our wedding photographers!!

• Lols rustic I totally understand. My sister is a photographer and at our wedding she was telling the guy what to do. So a little different but she missed half the photos should have just got her to do it in the end. Even once printe she said she could have done better the angels are all wrong haha. 

Hope  everything goes okay with the whooping cough today.  

is anyone take soap to give the baby a bath at the hospital or do they use their own stuff? ive been told they get a quick once over but wasn't sure if everywhere was the same.

What is everyone thoughts on dummies? Do you take them to the hospital or are they too small at first

• I've always been told you can't wash them until the cord has fallen off which is around the week mark- they defs dobt wash then in my local hospital but I was only in for 2 or 3 nights so maybe they do if you're in longer!

yes good luck everyone with whooping cough today!!!! 

• They don't recommend you bath baby for at least 24-48hrs as the vernix they are covered with have good antibacterial properties and is natures finest moisturiser. its fine though to bath them with cord stump still on though just make sure you keep it dry xx

• Why is that libre? I don't understand really why they have to be kept drive when they've been in our tummies surrounded my waters- obviously a different kind of water!! Is it due to infection? 

i wait as long as possible, once the cord is off, so they still have their brand new freshness for that little longer! Haha. 

• In our hosptial you got bath babys before you leave hosptial with them guess again every area must be different x

• Really, jwebster!!! 

Most it funny how totally different they are over the U.K.!!!!  

• I've packed some baby wash and baby oil. They didn't wash my baby for a week when I was in there, but I think they forgot because i didnt ask lol so this time I'll bath him after a couple of days so packed it in case I get kept in. I packed dummies last time and when he was born i was having stitches and he was crying, the midwife said have you got a dummy and gave him one. Even though I think dummys are great, I regret doing that now so this time I don't want to give him a dummy until he is able to breast feed properly so I'm not packing him one X 

• Flossy it's to get the last bit of goodness from the vernix and when inside the cord is kept moist but when babies born it needs to basically rot off so needs to be dry if moist it can get mucky x

• Plus inside babies are in a temperature controlled environment outside they struggle to maintain temp so keep them dry lor drying them is literally to ensure they don't get cold and have problems x

• Yip it's weird how all diffrent isnt it there didn't let you out till you knew how bath your baby 1st time showed me 2nd 3rd time was left 2 do it myself unless it's changed in last 6 years but allways bath our baby's is anybody really really tired just now I feel like at start were I can't get out my bed again x

• If u refused to bath your baby then what would they say? I don't remember them bathing the babies much but I did ask them to show me just before we went home and they were like omg u haven't bathed the baby yet lol they forgot about us ha.. i just washed him down with cotton wool and water. I've packed my own baby towel as well! 

The pampers nappies don't have that little dip in them to make way for the cord, I used to like the huggies ones that had that cut out bit, suppose I'll just fold them over. Is there any other makes that have the cut out belly button bit?

I'm tired as well today went to bed at 9pm and would have struggled to get up for the school run but its my boy's day off and he had a nice lie in till 8.15 too :) i wake up earlier but never want to get up. I spent most of the day in bed yesterday just so tired. might go swimming soon though X 

• Aye I know claire2015 think everybody like 2 bath there wee   babys I just waiting on the glowing spell our we're I have loads engery is that you 30 weeks 2dat Claire x