Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016

Due in July 2016 - Part 6

Replies

• My daughter watches the iPad every day, never for long but I don't care! Lol. She's my child and I make sure she is happy and gets some time doing what she would like once she has done everything I ask her to- tidy toys etc and if she picks to go on the iPad then fine.

im not a perfect parent, but I love my little girl more than anything and if the teachers think they know and want what's best and that differs to my opinion then that's tough for them.

try not to worry, I have Games on my iPad too and iPhone which my daughter plays on sometimes and they're learning ones so who cares. 

besides the way technology is advancing these days, everythihng they do will soon be on an iPad or something so it's good practice!!! Lol!

• Exactly he's at pre school all day and busy all day I try and have a chat with him and he talks then he says he just wants to watch tv so I let him! Sometimes u just need a break to get some stuff done and u let them go on the iPad so what, and we do loads of games together as well! They said parents use electronic babysitters. My friend is a child minder for a couple of mornings a week and sits there watching Jeremy Kyle!!! I'd rather my kid was on the iPad with headphones on that listening to that! Oh well.. Bring on the fun in September! X 

• my kids school have a reading zone and mathes and sciance . the school pays for us parents to use it and we have our own log ins and its all learning and teachers can go on and record there progress and they can set them tests on there.  u dnt have to use it but they do say as parents its up to us what kids go on but if we have acsess to ipad and r willing it be gd for them as it coinsides what they r doing for there class. 

• My kids pre school uses computers and iPads too and they are allowed ipad time at the end of the day :S his new school must have an OTT head teacher unless she's a massive hypocrite and let's them use computers at school but parents can't at home lol. x 

• My son is 4 and he uses my old iPad so basically has his own. He's not on it all the time but he does go on it and i watch him play the games and I'm gob smacked at what he can actually do! I don't see the problem with it, it's not all day everyday. He has a play when he's has his quiet time and usually just before bed. Oh and when we go out for a meal it's a godsend. It's quite educational and indontnlet him play things he shudnt as its all password etc. Most schools have iPads or similar now that link to the eyfs or curriculum for their observations and they encourage children to use them and take pictures etc. So if teachers can use them to make their lives easier then they cant lecture anyone else x

• libragirl2015 - 4th July - team Yellow 

Phoenix - 5th July - Yellow

Rustic07 - 10th July - team Yellow

k85m - 12th July but will change as having an early csection so 5th onwards ha confusing - team pink

Shoonawikwik:- 21st July - team blue

Claire2015 - 22nd July - team blue

Toobeautifulforearth0615- 22nd to 24th July (they are unsure lol - team blue 

lou lou roo - 25th july - team pink (sweeps from 4th july)

flossyflossy - 25th July - team Yellow

Jwebster82 - 29th July - team blue

Mummatoo2girlies - 1st August - team pink

ZoieS - 17th August - team yellow 

• Just been catching up on 7 pages on the last thread and the 3 on here .... Been a busy few days!

Baby def changed positions on Monday, less movements and more low squirming rather than kicks, bump lower (rests on my legs when I sit) and feel slightly sick and no appetite since Monday.  Got the Doppler out last night and took a while to find hb in its new place and it's slowed a lot which is normal apparently towards the end.  Will see what mw says next Tuesday. 35+3 today.

Had breastfeeding class tonight and have antenatal day on Saturday (10-4pm)!

• I'm really annoyed! Does anyone else have pregnancy app? Like preg and baby etc? Well I had them to go off each week so I could read through what things I should look out for, what baby could weigh etc each week and have really enjoyed reading but seeing the mile stone going by. So they normally go off on a Wednesday as my due date lands on a Wednesday but all of a sudden it's now saying I'm 30 weeks today and not yesterday. Now this  is a big deal because although time is flying by the day's don't always feel like they are lols so I want to read on wednesday when I'm 30 weeks not 30 els 1 day 😡 Although the app still only says 30 weeks. I don't understand why all of a sudden it would change

• Oh my lols half sleep rant I apologies haha. 

claire tell them were to go! It wasn't that long ago where they were promoting the use of an iPad because it can speed up the learning. 

Rustic how did you find the Brest feeding course as I have it in a few weeks? Did you find it useful 

• It's true they need to pipe down calling Us parents bad parents all because we've let our kids play on an iPad and using an 'electronic babysitter' seriously rude! now my husbands getting angry with me because I'm moaning about the school :( I use the pregnancy plus app and that's really good X 

• Hi everyone, we've just started a new thread about Babymoons - do come and tell us if you've had one, or what you think of them, right over here on this new thread. Thanks!

• image Got my new accessory! 😏 Due off 3 days after little one is due....which will come first?!?!

• 3 days after isn't too bad.... million dollar question, which would you rather happened first?? Get that off then baby arrive or have baby a little bit early or on time and still have it on?? im glad it's all sorted!!

• U never know libragirl you may have them both done at the same time lol. 

Heres me 35+2 she's still breech but it's getting lower I think x 

• flossy I'm torn coz I would like it off before baby arrives but i know when they take it off they'll want to repeat X-ray and I don't really want to risk anymore as your meant to minimise the amount of X-rays when pregnant coz of the risk of scattered radiation to baby and as it is including the ones I had on my knee the day I fell I've had about 14-15 X-rays In the last two weeks! They didn't mention doing an mri instead but there is a small risk of acoustic damage to the fetus. Don't want to risk any further harm, I don't even take paracetamol in pregnancy if I can help even though I know its safe and now this has happened 😭

• K85m you prob feel lower coz of position. When they're breech they can kinda curl their head and shoulders over tighter than a bum so sometimes when you feel the top of the stomach you cant feel much in the top, no head coz its cwtched up so tight Just space. 

• Oh I can feel every part of her ha her head is deaf at the top shes curling round the left side bum at bottom and legs n feet to my right of stomach x

• My bump still looks high but the midwife said the baby is about 3/5ths engaged so no idea lol
    imageThat was Tuesday.

Baby clothes are in the drawers now
    image  image

Still need to hang up the outfits though! They are just folded up in the wardrobe, they need hanging.
    Hopefully the hangers I bought online won't be too big.

And we had salad.

Eldest had Turkey with it, I don't eat meat. I have vegan mayo & some pineapple & red pepper with mine lol
    image  image

Baby is squirming loads right now and keeps sticking a limb out, think it's knee or leg or something lol!

• Been in hospital all morning with reduced movements doctors weren't that happy with the wee mans movements and made me eat sugary stuff which increased it a little have to go back for a growth scan 

• Too beautiful, when is your scan? I hope all goes well!!

we are being naughty and having a takeaway pizza tonight as a treat 🙈

Does anyone else suffer with groin pains once they've been sat down or when then trying to get up again? i also get them when I walk and it's so uncomfortable when I sleep at the moment, not sure if it's just everything stretching still. 

libre, luckily you don't have to make the decision, baby will make it for you when they decide to make their appearance!!! :)