Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2016 - Part 6

Replies

• Turns out I still have plenty of waters left so baby is ok, but the awkward little thing has turned breach!!! It's been head down since about week 27 so don't know what possessed it to turn now!

i have to take meds for blood pressure, come back on sat to get it checked and meds reviewed. Then back Monday for another scan. Then in on Wednesday for them to try and turn the baby and if not it will be a c section.

glad I popped in now ... 6 hours ago!!

• Interesting evening for you then!! Glad they let you, make sure you get some rest xx

• Let you home that should say x

• Ha ha yes I guessed! I am lying in bed working out what I still need to get for my hospital bag so I am prepared for Wednesday!

• Rustic how many weeks are you? I'm breech so will be interesting to see your dates and when they will decide to give you a section etc if they can't turn baby x

• If bp is stable they may not section you earlier than 39 weeks anyway for breech. They just tell you to head in ASAP if u think ur labouring sooner xx

• Libra, I had my daughter at 38 weeks so would they still leave me until 39 weeks or might they do it sooner because of that?! I'm hoping to be induced around 38 weeks if baby hasn't turned so I can recover a little before the summer holidays start.

• God it's been a busy Wee page missed so so much i think all rules have changed on section induced 2 early as I allways been induced early but consultant. Told me last app all changed now as long as I am ok Wee man I not be induced early even pain I am in doesent help god I remember when pregrant with my 1st all my pals had sections used 2 be 4 weeks before your due date not now 

Wee man not been moving as much so going give hosptial Wee call when kids away school xxx

• They'll always try and get as close to 39 as possible. Like I said they tend to only do it sooner if you come in labouring but all units are different and do things slightly differently xx

• Ok, interesting to know.

im hoping baby will turn anyway so I can have a natural birth but kind of trying to prepare myself for the worst.

i was induced at 37 weeks with my daughter jwebster and have noticed how much later they leave people now, although they was for her safety so I'm guessing under those circumstances that would be the same outcome if it happened again this time around. 

I haven't been feeling baby move much the last few days, it's still active in the evening just barely anything the rest of the time, I just have a crappy feeling too, but I just don't know if it's me being paranoid because of what happened last time or because it's something more and it's my instincts- like last time when I knew something wasnt quite right!!!! 

• Flosstyflossy if worried fone  get it double check I get kids out school jump quick shower then give them a Wee call he doesn't even really kick it's more just moving so want get it double check x

• That's it flossy ur wellbeing and little ones trumps waiting so if there's any concern they'll act sooner but for something like breech presentation the overall risk is that your body will start to labour sooner but as most pregnancies go to date and beyond that risk is minimal and only really changes the timeline for when they deliver you. If little one was more of an unstable lie so transverse (accross ur tum) that can sometimes change the plan to but sounds like ur little one has stayed breech and hasn't been one of these that is all over the place x

• Hope everything goes okay rustic and you and baby will be okay.

had a fluid scan yesterday and fluid levels are okay and baby was looking okay but they want me to go for a growth scan to check he is growing well . If everything's fine and he moves more Then I won't need seen again unless his movements reduce again.

if everythingr is okay with the scan but his movements are still less then I have to go in twice a week for heart beat monitor and movement checks and growth scans 

if the growth scan shows problems he might have to be born early 

and I'm 33 weeks 5 days today and  nervous for my appointment at 11 

• Gd luck 2 beautiful you think there just done everything yesterday when I go for my growth scan there check Wee men fluid stuff as I normally lost it but so far fluid level ok x

• Glad everything went well at your growth scan . I was also surprised as to why I didn't get it all done in the one go 

but they want to measure his femur tummy and head etc and iv never had a growth scan so no idea what they do 

• Toobeautiful did a doc check fluid level on scan? If it was that might have been why they didn't do growth at the same time coz sonagraphers are trained and have more experience measuring growth than the doctors do. Good luck today, hopefully all will be fine and you'll go back to routine antenatal care xx

• Too beautiful my scan last night was by a doc so I have to go back Monday for one with a sonographer so they can do all the measurements Properly. Doc just checked fluid.

i think how long they leave me with c section will depend on my blood pressure, hopefully the meds will keep it under control.

i cant believe baby has been good as gold and head down since 27weeks and now at 35 weeks decides to turn breech.

• Yeah it was the doctor who measured fluid level and so that actually makes sense thanks lol 

• Toobeaitiful please don't worry I've had about 4 growth scans to date and they are normal scans they last a little bit longer as they just go in close to babies legs arms head stomach etc and measure them, just relax and enjoy seeing your baby. hope all is well x

• Your wee baby has probably just moved around and became breech just to get comfy lol acting up for mummy 

I bet they they will turn back round in time for a normal birth