Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2016 - Part 6

Replies

• im having another scan monday just growth to keep a eye because my vatamin defficancys . i like it as extra reasurance but never had with other 2 they were all ok n had same problems minus spd . hope all ur scans and appointments go ok . 

im hopfuly going out to do small shop of extra bits for my hos bag pads get some more knickers as ect 

• just gettin ready head 2 hosptial told me bring a mag juice stuff as there really busy so could be here a while x

• My little one was transverse until about 28 weeks and then went breech and as far as I'm aware still is!! I have midwife Tuesday so will be checked again then to see how it ls laying.  defs don't think it's moved to head down, if it's changed position at all.

i don't want to hassle the hospital and sound stupid so going to see how movements go for this morning and then perhaps call them around lunch time, especially as I only have to wait until Tuesday before I see midwife, although I know she can't tell me the same as the hospital can. 

• Good luck jwebster and you other ladies with your scan etc today!! 

• Have u tried the lieing on your side and cold drink? Tuesday Is still quite far you should call them if worried xx 

• Yes... I'm still feeling movement, so I know it's alive (sorry if that sounds crude, I don't at all mean it to). As long as I get movements, im happyish it's just I'm just not getting as much movement as normal, it's been quieter for this whole week really.

what can the hospital do? I know they trace the heartbeat for longer but what does that then determine? Maybe I will text my midwife and see what she would suggest??

• flossy do give them a ring, I got told off yesterday for waiting 3 days before calling them. I was like you, getting movements but a lot less and just put it down to baby living position (which was the case, only not into the position I thought). They monitor your bump both for heartbeat and movements so they can pick up even what you can't feel. It's worth it for the peace of mind.

• I'm just worried that if I go now and there is nothing wrong, then if I got really worried no one would take me seriously because I've been before and all was fine?!

• No they really wouldn't think like that. They look at your history and use it to build a picture of babys habits so would rather have it recorded that you have reduced movements than not see you.

• I am here now just waiting on a Wee room go in 2 hopefully not be 2 long x

• They say to go when the movements are different so what is a lot to some people is not a lot to others so if he or she is moving differently then it could be a number of reasons so they say to go and be checked. I know what I mean though because I get the same and don't feel him moving as much but I know I have felt him just ages before or only a tiny bit so I think what's the point in ringing them I'm wasting people's time. I told my midwife that he still doesn't move that much and she said to keep monitoring and do not get complacent thinking everything is ok. X 

• None of them would do that they monitor u the same everytime u come in I've never known them to pass judgement at all. Even though I felt a bit silly going there again like Hi me again! They just know you're a concerned mother looking after her baby. xx 

• Ok, thanks ladies!!

ive felt a bit more movements so far today as I ate a doughnut to get some sugar and havent moved for an hour, but will just see how the rest of today and tomorrow go and go from there!!

• I been on mointer from 11.10 trace is crap keeps breaking up losing signal midwife piased off not my fault x

• Oh Jwebster you don't have much luck with scans and stuff do you! I'm sure they will sort it though x

• Hope everything goes okay too beautiful and rustic. 

Flossy when I had reduced movement I was concerned I would be wasting the hospital time so when I did end up calling I was more worked up. when I went  to the hospital and I spoke to the nurse about feeling like I was wasting their time. She said better to be safe and get checked out. even if it's only been a few hours just call as sometime resssurence can easy the worry which makes you feel more at ease. i'm glad you are getting more movement now though. 

I thought you can have a natural birth even though the baby is breech? I know they don't like to if its your first baby though. its one thing I will be asking for if my baby is breech is can I still have my natural birth. I know they need to monitor you a lot more closely and keep a close eye on baby heart beat 

• Yes it is possible but not combined with my high blood pressure.

• some midwives and consultants don't recommend it so try and make u have a c section. I think when it came to it I would chicken out and book in for c section haha. There's all different ways that they present like feet first, bum first. oh god jwebster that's not good that happened to me and said I had to hold it because it wasnt picking anything up and then hubby kept making me laugh so it was all a bit of a nightmare. just went all dizzy again after having a bath think I will stick to showers from now on unless in the evening X 

• Still here www man moved so gettin better record of his heartbeat can't believe been here 2 hours allready I got a urine infection which there saying could be making me feel like Crap so get a course of antibiotics x

• Off mointer just gave me sandwich yogurt waiting on senior dr make a plan wat ever that means x