Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2016 - Part 7

Replies

• Options

Loving the bump pictures!!!

im so glad I went to the docs as have an infection. Got some antibiotics to take so glad I listened to my gut and went in! Just a little 7 day course to take but there were white blood cells and traces of blood in my wee so thinks thats fairly standard for a water infection!

• Options

Flossy that gut instinct served you well, glad you got checked out. Lou Lou glad you are all moved in but what a challenge this close to baby arriving. Hope you get the decorating done and find time to relax at some point!

well Jwebster I ended up getting this for DH for our anniversary today (4th, linen) going to get it framed at some point. He did well and bought me a lovely linen top which even though not maternity it just about fits. He even picked one with buttons for breastfeeding, bless him!

• Options

That's lovely rustic!!!

• Options

Well i will be officially overdue at my next antenatal appointment how nuts is that?!? Sweep booked just in case. So on the 7th if I'm still pregnant I'll be having my cast off in the morning and sweep in the afternoon!! Busy day 😜

• Options

Libra, are they not seeing you weekly?
    I get weekly appointments now, my next one is at exactly 39 weeks (Tuesday) and I'm hoping baby will be born Friday/Sat/Sunday that week so I won't make the 40 week appointment LOL!!

Good luck whatever happens then :D

• Options

Oh libragirl can you imagine that, you go in to get your cast removed and come out with baby :-)

• Options

Is anyone else's palms of their hands feel me they are on fire ?

• Options

Are you not gettin seen every week now libragirl 

rustic that's lovely great choice you both made 

lou lou thats a shame people let you down hope you manage get it all done get a break before babys here 

least you know wat causing it flossy flossy hopefully not be long it be clear 

I just had a afternoon sleep I just so so tired all the time just now xxx

• Options

Toobeautiful, are they itchy at all?

Itchy palms can be a sign of cholestasis but it would likely be other places too (ankles, feet, head etc).

I get itchy hands occasionally and the palms feel really hot like that but it is usually after I have been cleaning and washing my hands a lot and I think it's because I get really bad dry skin on my hands. I use Lush Dream Cream and it helps.

• Options

I'm tired all the time too. But I end up staying up too late, then I'm up at about 4 to go to the bathroom, and then it's light so I struggle to go back to sleep, and then I end up running through the birth (like picturing it/playing it out etc) in my head! Haha. And then I fall asleep and get another couple of hours maybe. But in total I don't think I've had more than 7hrs sleep a night for the last couple of weeks.

I guess it's practice for when our babies are here LOL!

• Options

thats what I keep thinking Phoenix- no sleep isn't too much of a problem because in a few more weeks I wont be getting much so it's good practise! Lol!

• Options

No not seeing me until I'm 40+3 which I did think was a bit of a jump but I'm fine apart from the fact I'm growing a small giant!! Measuring 40 weeks today so just said to my husband that operation get this baby out starts this weekend otherwise I'm gonna be pushing a 10lber + out and for my 1st home birth I wanted a nice normal size baby!! 😜

pheonix I'm exactly the same even do to the time and what goes through my head as i try to doze back off xx

• Options

That does seem like a big jump between app libragirl wat bloods you need done my midwife forgot do my bloods last week need go back 2moro I be 35 weeks 2moto x

• Options

Yeah lthe guidelines for midwifery led care women having there 2,3,4, etc is appointment at 38 then 41. it just seems like a long gap his is why I'd be no good as a community midwife I'd be adding appointments here, there and everywhere.

Are they your 28 week bloods Jwebster? 

• Options

I had bloods done at 28 and 34 weeks.
    Both were supposed to be routine & checking things like iron count, platelets & antibodies.

I've also had them done at 35+3 (I think?) and 37 weeks to re-check platelets lol. And they also took 2 vials to do LFTs & bile acids at 37 weeks but they came back fine thankfully.

• Options

I had my bloods done at 28 weeks libragirl just phoned me last week said forgot do my bloods so need go 2moro was hoping all my bloods were over done with lol 

thanks phoniex so just the normal routine bloods then least I know x

• Options

Only have booking and 28 weeks as standard here with additional if needed Xx

• Options

No one has checked my bloods :( i rang my midwife today and asked for an appointment just said I wasn't feeling well and having crampy pains and pain in my back and she said I had to go to the hospital and I said can I have an appointment at 36 weeks then and she said no u see your GP at 36 weeks what a joke :( doesn't feel like they support u at all. I thought they were meant to be there for u a bit not just on a medical level. I didn't bother ringing hospital either no point for a bit of back pain is there. what weights were your babies Libragirl? I'm looking forward to operation get the baby out lol we're going for a curry the day before my due date for father in law's birthday :) I'm going to order a vindaloo haha. xx 

• Options

Yeah it confused me as I thought they just did them at booking in and 28 weeks only but was told they do them at 34 weeks as well. I guess it must vary in each area how often they do them.

• Options

They were 8lb 6oz, 8lb 2oz and 8lb so not tiny but this one feels bigger! Was estimated 6lb 5 oz at 35 weeks which I know isn't the most accurate but when I feel bump or lay down I can see outline of baby and it looks big enough now lol told hubbie if I can't be found after its coz im off doing some nipple tweaking!!