Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2016 - Part 7

Replies

• Wee man was weight in at 4lb 11 couple weeks again I think he be about 6lb at next scan I weight myself again this week only put on 3lb so don't know why my bump so big lol xx

• 3lb- wow, I seem to put that on each week!!

your bump is perfect for you and little man... Hopefully he's done lots of growing since your last scan so he will slow down a bit for the last few weeks!!!

• I've not said his dad can't come, his mom is away but I know his sitter wil come with her husband and probably 3 kids and his brother with partner and their girl n I just can't b doing with it. 

With a section it's 2-4 nights but usually 2-3 ish if all goes to plan. I was put in a side room with my son which was great but u can be put on a ward. The wards where I was and can be Tuesday have 4 women but have 4 wards and number of side rooms. I shall ask on Tuesday for a side room if one available but if not it's a ward again. Not ideal but least it's not a ward of 10 women and babies. It's just better if can turn own lights off etc was 2.30 when they turned them off this morning on the ward! Then was light outside at 4! everyone kept their curtains shut as well was no one to talk to x

• K85 at my hospital only siblings are allowed on the postnatal ward anyway, other children aren't allowed to visit in the hospital.

Also they only allow 3 visitors per bed usually.
    It made it very difficult when I had mine as my ex's parents wanted to visit and so did my parents and it took some organizing sorting out who was coming when LOL.

• Yeah it does say 3 people but says birthing partner and ur children all day and others during visiting doesn't say no children although I remember last time no kids were allowed but there was loads there yesterday one women had about 6 people there. Some people nt bothered and get away with it but I'm a worrier I always think someone's gonna get asked to leave ha. It's 2-4 and 6-8 so might say his dad comes 2-4 with my mom and dad and my sister come up 6-8 and anyone else next day x

• i have missed millions and on a new thread lols.  hope all you ladies are okay. I will need to look back and catch up.

i was just hoping to ask a quick question. I am 32 weeks pregnant and got midwife tomorrow. Do they ever check anything like cervix or is that just the hospital? Maybe a bit silly but I feel like I need to prepare my self if anyone needs to check me lols. It really does worry me as I have read getting a sweep I think it's called can be dangerous before 37 weeks too. 

• No zoie they don't ever check there unless u bleed or think ur leaking but then before 37 weeks it's a speculum examination by a doctor not a midwife it should be.

k85m check the visiting guidelines coz my unit is the same as pheonix. We don't allow children that aren't the sibling to the baby. And following section you are kept for a few hours on a recovery ward where visiting is slightly different again to the postie ward as your being monitored more closely and encouraged to rest.

As for discharging we rarely keep women past day two unless they're unwell or need support with feeding and with the electives we some time discharge next day as they are usually more spritely coz they've not laboured for a long period prior to then having an emergency section and they normally have little ones that they're desperate to get home to x

• Well at least I don't have to worry about the visitor thing, it's just me and DH so I won't be getting any other visitors!  My mum lives 3 hours away and she will wait till I am home before she gets the train down (and is staying in a local hotel rather than with us). We have set up Skype for her on her iPad so she will get to see little one but she is happy to wait until we are ready for her to visit. Baby will be born on the Wednesday and she will come the following Monday to Friday.

• Oh k85m, I don't think you're unreasonable you're saying his parents can visit, he's just having his little bitch fit but maybe it's his way of reacting as youve had quite a week!!

we as only allowed two visitors, possibly 3 bedside and only siblings no other children are allowed on the pre or post natal wards! 

im going to try and remember to ask my midwife what the local hospitals rules are on how long to be there after a section so I can get my head around it, incase. ALTHOUGH, I do feel as though baby have moved a little... I'm not sure it's gone all the way round but even if it's now transverse it would be good as then it's only got a little way to go. It's probably just all in my head though and wishful thinking after bouncing for an hour a day on my ball!! Lol!

movements have been a little slack so going to ring delivery suite again today and just see if they want to see me or if they're happy for me to wait until I see midwife on Tuesday. It's so hard as still getting some movements. Maybe I will text midwife first and see what she thinks. 

• Thank u ladies much appreciated. He was fine wen got home from work. I know it will all start again later though or def before Tuesday. Last time he was like oh so and so are coming up later and I was like ask me f will you! A simple do u mind if they do don't just tell me. Our wards it doesn't matter if had a section or normal birth ur on the same ward and children def allowed. Each area diff nt they either that or that's y they didn't get a very good grading x

• Am I only one that doesn't under leaving the eu lol trying take it all in 

happy last weekend beening pregrant k85m x

• Lol no one not even politicians know what is gonna happen but everyone on my Facebook is a pro haha x 

• Hahahahaha, totally agree Claire. 

Only time will tell what impact it will have x

• you'd think the doomsday clock just struck 12 with them all. how is everyone today? havent felt baby move yet :( wish he was more wiggly in the mornings.. maybe he will be a late riser when he's born hahaha or not xx 

• Oh my Facebook been the same this morning all pro about it haha 😂😂😂😂😂😂

my Wee boy been a bit more quiter this morning as well Claire Wee monkeys xxx

• We got this yesterday and just showed my little boy and he laughed his head off hehe 

• That's lovely Claire time for shower I got midwife this afternoon xx

• Lovely Claire it's sweet. My son had a superman one when we went to a fancy dress party when he was a baby ha has it got a cape? Lol. 

Jwebster thank u in just trying to tidy up the house a bit and tomorrow get the cot down and up next to bed and Sunday change sheets etc and Monday do bugger all ha well hoping that's how it's gonna go ha x

• its so exciting your baby is coming next week eeek. Get hubby to get it all down lol. Take it easy this weekend, Next weekend you will be a mummy of 2!! 

It has got a little cape lol how cute is it.. I always used to dress my little boy up, any excuse for fancy dress! he had the superman baby grow I've still got it lol. xx 

• Oh I know it's so so real now k85m ismy it wat time have you 2 go in have baby on tues just you take it easy get oh 2 do it you sit with your feet up xxx