Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• My little man didn't move much Tuesday but he's been really active since some days I think they are just lazy hehe. I had something strange happen today maybe a bit tmi but I went to go for a wee and when I got there my underwear was wet: I rang the midwife and she said put a pad on and see if it happens again but I don't think it did. But it really got my anxious. 

Hope everyone else is doing good 😊 

• Lillian could it have been discharge? Sometimes at this stage it can turn watery I would just keep a eye on it and if youre concerned go down to the assessment unit 

• Yeah your probs right I have been keeping an eye on it thank goodness not had much more so I think I was maybe discharge. 

So glad it's Friday ! X

• Me to just finished my last night shift of the week and am looking forward to the weekend just hope its nice and warm today is miserable in Derby was hoping to have a bbq or take olly on a picnic 

• So I had a bit of a scare today. Hospital asked to see me as they thought my waters were leaking, at 24 weeks!! 

Thank god it looks like it's other fluid, but quickly came to the realisation when we were over there and they were talking to us that we didn't have a hospital bag or overnight bag ready just incase.

Midwife said the sooner we get it done the better as if they had found my fluids were leaking then they would have kept me in and may have even had to deliver pre term! Scary But thank god it didn't come to anything. 

• Lillian that's exactly why we were referred over to the labour ward. I rang midwife and she told me to ring labour ward, they said to come up and get checked over. 

They were so nice over there - youre not in a waiting room, you're on a ward. There are people there waiting to go down for c sections and yet its the calmest environment ever. Made me feel a lot more relaxed about going in. 

Some of the ladies hadnt felt their babies move in a couple of hours, or had been ill with stomach problems. One had a pain that she couldn't shake and they were all taken seriously and all of them turned out to be fine. So if you even feel for one second something aint right - get it checked! 

They give you a full antenatal check over and I came back as having keytones in my urine which means I was starving! I'd skipped lunch to get to the hospital and hadn't even realised. So she went and got me a sandwich from the trolley and some water. Checked over the babies heart - felt stomach and told me how to feel where the head was etc. Had a few other tests done and came back ok so they let me go and told me to come back straight away if something doesn't feel right. I told her I felt bad because It ended up being nothing and she told me some things can be bad so whenever something doesnt feel right call straight away. 

• cgal19 thanks so much for letting me know I had abit more today also so I might just ring them tomorrow and ask them what think. I really don't think it is waters but Cannot be sure. 

So glad you are ok i was thinking about having an emergency bagged pack incase anything happens.

is everyone else doing ok? 

• Glad youre both okay ladies I had a similar experience with olly I had to go the assessment unit for a speculum because I was leaking fluid they said it was watery discharge it defo makes you scared tho

• Hope you are both ok ladies. Always best to get checked over like you say Cgal xx 

Was just about to order my cotbed  and bedding from mothercare but now I've seen a different cotbed  like and now can't decide between two sets of bedding. Aaarrghhh!!!

• So I got abit worried and rang the hospital they told me to come in and did some tests everything was ok apart from some protein in my urine but it wasn't my waters thank goodness. my little man was so active they could only listen to the heart beat for a minute but he was fine might have been the Coke I drank lol 😂 

we are going out tomorrow and I knew I would just worry all day.

ahh louise the decisions ! maybe you could get both so you always have a spare ?

• Really pleased everything's ok Lillian xx 

• Glad everything is ok! Makes you feel a lot better to get checked over doesn't it.

Going to focus on getting a bag ready now since I've got all furniture. Bought some floating shelves yesterday! 

• Glad you're both okay and that you got everything checked out. Both sets sound like a good plan louise, always helpful for a spare! 

• Hi ladies. I stopped getting notifications so I've spent the morning catching up on everyone's updates.

I was at the physio yesterday as my pelvis went. I know some people have mentioned spd but they call it pgp (pelvic girdle pain) as it covers the full pelvis and not just the publc bone. It turns out the sciatic pain wasn't sciatic pain it was the beginning of pgp and just didn't know until it moved to the middle so if you're feeling this go to the physio rather than the gp.

I've had to get my pelvis reset and I've to wear a tubi grip from my hips to my boobs and then a support when I'm out. I'm back in 4 weeks and they think I'm probably going to need crutches again. I've been given dohydrocodiene to take at night so that's helping me rest and recover but feel pretty low.

I'm taking 7 weeks off before my due date...6 weeks holiday and 1 mat leave. That's if I make it to may 10th.

Heard baby's heart beat the other week but it took her ages to find it as she's sitting really low. Don't know how people can use dopplers  as i would have had a panic attack if I was on my own.

Trying to decide between the out n about double or the baby jogger twin. I can't decide if I should buy new or 2nd hand.

Sorry for the big post.  

• Oh dear kat that doesn't sound nice I'm glad you're feeling better now I keep getting pains in the back of my legs. Glad everyone is okay :) we took olly out for a mcfonalds he's going through a massive Mcdonalds phase atm lol little piggy 

my legs. 

• That sounds rotten katt but glad you are being looked after. 

olly is so cute mummytoolley xx 

• He is but he's hard work atm Louise he's hit the terrible twos and it's exhausting lol cnt believe I've got to do it all again with Charlie lol no more children for me after ill have a dog haha 

• Haha bless you my mums got a dog after a boy and twin girls and she think the dogs the hardest lol 😂 

• Haha really Lillian? At least you cn put a dog outside for a bit when they're naughty