Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Thanks chick my oh is taking me out for a meal on Sat night at the himalayan gherka resturant on macklin Street so I'm looking forward to that and he's said I can go treat myself in the day so gonna buy myself some clothes and my maternity stuff for the hospital. It's gonna be red hot over the weekend apparently think I'll have alcohol  free kopperberg

• Options

It's been so hot today my mum asked me to walk the dog and I had a black maxi dress on and I actually felt  I was cooking the baby 😂 but we put the paddling pool up and I socked my feet and sprayed my custume to keep cool and felt much better. 

forgot how bad my headaches are when it's hot had to take paracetamol today and I hate taking anything when pregnant But i was really struggling. On the upside I have done all my washing including everything we had for the baby and all our bedding and spare bedding so now I'm fully ready for him hehe 

have a nice day on Saturday mummytoolly make sure you treat yourself ! you defo deserve it 

• Options

Have a lovely day on Saturday mummytoolley xxx 

How are you charliemurphy? 

• Options

Part from feeling like a zombie I'm ok. Think the nesting has kicked in as all I want to do is tidy and clean 

• Options

Make sure you don't do to much Charlie. I've got to work tonight and the only way to describe it is bedlam I've already pulled my back and stomach don't feel like I cn take much more I begged them to take me off one of my shifts next week but I'm still down for five 

• Options

How is every one handling this heat? haha. last night I nearly cried it was so hot and I just wanted to sleep. need to buy a fan asap. 

ah MummyToOlly the partners must realise we are suffering lol my boyfriend is taking me away for the weekend.. off today to find something to wear as I just live in leggings and vests atm 

34 weeks today :O

• Options

Last night it was more my husband's tossing and turning that kept me up.

It's so different to being 35 weeks pregnant in May as opposed to January last time. I'm a red head so don't handle the heat at the best of time so I'm hiding inside in the shade.

Was at the physio today so that's my last appointment unless anything goes really bad as it's the final strech.

I've got a wedding on Monday so off to the hairdressers tomorrow but I'm quite embarrassed as my split ends are ridiculous as my son pulls me hair.

Think I'm going to take a wee visit to mothercare and see if I can get a floaty dress as my maternity clothes are all dark and wintery as I got them for going back to work in Jan. 

I just want to stop being pregnant but I'm also quite not ready to have a baby 

• Options

I have a fan jade but my oh won't let me have it on he says it eats to much electricity 😕 Im awake again super early for another night shift sleeping in a converted attic is like sleeping in a shoe box bloody stuffy. I sympathise with you ladies I'm only 32 weeks and I'm roasting and sweaty being heavily pregnant in this weather is crap Im going into town with my bday money on Sat to get myself some nice dresses etc 

• Options

Why do partners parents have to be a pain after the scare she said I'm meant to be resting as I have gone to a shop to play some games and moaned at me for going out 

• Options

Oh Charlie that's no good u need rest yes but you can loose your marbles being inside all day! 

We have a fan hubby and I both struggled last night to sleep but I did have a two hour nap yesterday so no napping today ! I brought some black callots back in march for a 5iver and thought im never going to wear them but they have saved me today ! 

• Options

Ah Charlie I know what you mean but they're probably just worried for your health. but if you're feeling up to it then you should just do whatever you feel, you know your body best. I tried to get something from the top of my wardrobe and my mum went crazy at me for stretching up lol.

I managed to get some nice clothes today from select.. not Matrnity just size14 and stretchy. looking forward to a hot weekend. 

• Options

I'm looking at getting some new clothes but I don't wanna spend a fortune on maternity clothes I'd rather get larger normal clothes that don't cost the earth 

• Options

Yeah I'm the same I got a few things from h and m and primark the dresses I got are actully good from primark £6 I wish I got more now lol 😂 

• Options

So I've got to work and the ward is so bad that between myself and management I've decided to finish tonight eek it's scary to think that as from tomorow I won't have to come to work for a few months I'm looking forward to spending time with olly and getting every sorted before Charlie comes. 

• Options

I've been looking at ways to boost our income whilst I'm on maternity leave has anyone else looked at anything similar 

• Options

aww that's so exciting mummytoolly ! Now u can focus on your little men ! 

I don't know about boosting but defo looked at spending habits and whatnot try to cut back. Hubby n I eat out so much that will be our main saving ! 

Ive got swollen bright red feet n hands that are itching ! So annoying 

• Options

It's exciting but scary at the same time coz I know my wages are gonna drop and I'm not sure I'm prepared for it. We're gonna have to cut back on luxuries big time I've seen people that work from home and it tops their monthly outgoings up that would be perfect for some of us ladies meaning money wouldn't be so tight 

• Options

You need to be careful working while on maternity as it can effect your SMP and it might also depend on your contract.

I was contemplating doing the Avon or something like that but don't know if I'll have the time.

I need to be better at food planning as I throw out so much. I need to do a meal plan and try use Lidl and Aldi rather than M&S! The worst thing that happened was an M&S opening within walking distance. 

I got my mat pay breakdown and it wasn't as bad as I expected given it was based on my part time hours. I don't think we'll need to hit into the money my gran left me until Feb except for maybe xmas.

• Options

I still haven't received mine yet Katt. I'm gonna start sitting down making up weekly menus and just buying what we need. Freezing left overs is a great way of economising as well. How on earth do u afford m and 's lol its so expensive aldi are brilliant sweetie they even do baby nappies etc 

• Options

What nappies and wipes is everyone looking at using when baby arrives