Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• My friend made me a nappy cake of Asda pamapas and Aldi nappies so I plan on figuring out which one I like best out of them. I plan on using water wipes for the first few months as hubby n I hate cotton wool I can only use like the oval pads not the balls n will try water n cotton pads but if we can't do it water wipes lol 😂 

• I used the asda nappies last time but I've read they've recently changed and not as good. I used the aldi ones too but found once my son slept through the night I had to put him in pampers extra absorbant at night or he'd leak. Aldi isn't close to me so need to make a special trip when I want stuff. I do most of my shopping at Tesco but certainly buy too many nice things from m&s lol. The lidl us walkable so hoping when I'm off my crutches and the baby is here I can use that as my walking goal each day 

• I wasn't sure about nappies but i read online that aldi ones were voted the best my mums so I am using them. 

• That's good that they've let you finish mummytoolly! Are you relived? 

Im 32 weeks and heat isn't too bad in the day it's just at night. last year we bought an aircon thing because the flats so hot so OH went and got it for last night as flats been saying it's 25C, except it didn't cool the room at all and I've woken up with a scratchy throats and barely slept because of the noise :( 

i was planning on using a mix to start with of nappies to see which ones I like. I got a few hampers last week and they had some random ones in ans I know I have a pack of aldi,  much cheaper it's crazy! So hopefully they work well. 

My halfterm starts today which is good, although not slept in and got a funeral I've got to try and dress for today, could result in a very strange outfit! 

• For wipes I use the huggy ones. I like that they come out one at a time and they've got a good seal. They do newborn ones so I've picked them up but will use cotton wool for the first few weeks when not out and about.

I'm off to the hairdressers today to have the bomb site that is my hair sorted. My son pulls at it so much my split ends are ridiculous and my roots are shocking.

Dropping my son at my inlaws at 930 so I'm going to be child free until 4...bit of pampering.

• Dizzyd hope all goes well today make sure you take some bottled water funerals are long n in this heat you don't want to be dehydrated. 

This heat is not good so glad I'm off work because I haven't slept all week like you I don't mind it in the day just at night ! 

• Tbh I cried leaving the ward this morning I think some of it is hormones and missing the awesome bunch I work with it all seems a bit more real now I'm off work. This is the last time ill have to sleep off a night shift for a while. 

Sorry to hear of your loss dizzy stay hydrated in this heat 

Katt enjoy your pamper day be sure to show us pics of your new hair after :) 

Ive always used pampers with olly and pampers newborn sensitive wipes but they're a nightmare always end up using half a packet coz you pull one and they all come out 

• Aww have a nice pamper day ! 

as a first time mum I haven't had the difficaulty of figuring out what works for us I guess that's all part of the fun ! I'm sure we will change a million times. I love in the middle of a little town and next door to a wilko Asda Sainsbury's and boots so I'm sure I'll have plenty of brands to choose from. Its hard to know what is worth spending that bit extra on. 

• I've got Johnson ones at the moment as they were on special but you get half the packet when you try pull one out so back to huggies next time they're on offer

I'm hoping I have some time to nip to the shops first to try get some floaty clothes. Also I'm planning on having a mcdonalds breakfast once I've dropped my son off as I've been craving them and I've not been sick this morning

• Enjoy your day Katt! Macdonalds breakfasts are good. I really wanted mr whippy ice cream yesterday but then I read online we're not meant to have it or mcflurrys 😩

• I always found Tesco nappies the best with my other children although my youngest is now 7 so they could have changed since then. I have bought pampers to take to the hospital and start off with . I like johnsons wipes the best although like you all say most wipes send half the pack out at once especially when you are struggling one handed holding baby legs up and getting wee sprayed all over you 😂

Really pleased you have finished work mummytoolley - you will feel so much better for it.

Dizzy hope the funeral goes as well as it can and katt enjoy your pampering xx 

• What is this about mcflurrys I didn't know you can't eat them they say they use pasteurised milk so is it something to do with hygiene ? No more mc flurrys for me lol 😂 lucklily I have ice lolly from our ice cream man but I really didn't know lol.

just ate my McDonald's breakfast so good hehe 🙈

• So had ultra itchy feet and hands so midwife booked me an emergency appointment and took bloods. She said they will ring me tomorrow what ever the result which is good. 

Little man hasn't grown since last time tho which was almost 3 weeks ago but he was measuring on the 90th centile so I guess he's not going to be massive ! 

• Glad you got seen quickly Lillian. Always best to be on safe side. Maybe she didn't measure you correctly last time? 

• Yeah I think he was lying funny too Last time. I saw a different midwife and she was so much nicer and calmer! my midwife seems to rush around like a crazy person. I'm very lucky we have such a good midwife net work where I live. the midwife wasn't even at my GP it was at a different one (which is closer) and they really didn't mind seeing me. 

does anyone have any plans over bank holiday ?

• No plans do bank holiday. Got a question I keep feeling twinges in my private parts is that normal or should I phone

• I'm in the hairdressers a big sweaty mess as my sat nav took me a stupid way and I never thought I was going to make it. Think she has rushed and not given me enough highlights but I was ten min late so I'm just glad they still took me. I'm barely going to be able to stand by the time I'm due to leave. I think I'm going to take some paracetamol now and preempt  the pain.

Charlie do the pains go away if you rest and take paracetamol? It might just be you pelvis stretching but if you are worried you're best to call 

• It's just like someone stabbing me with a needle 

• Lillian, i think it's to do with the bacteria in the machine as it isn't cleaned enough, although I can't imagine somewhere like mcds not being on top of their cleaning. glad they're seeing you quick, you've got a good network around you! 

Ive had some twinges... is it babies head pushing down? 

• My pelvic pain feels like a knife in the vagina but had it with my son so it doesn't worry me but always better to check if your worried.

Yeh I think it's due to listeria that can gather in the nozzle but I think they are over cautious