Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2017 - Part 4

Replies

• Great to hear from you Maddie. Wishing Theo a speedy recovery. 

Ah I've been having pains down below as well like shooting pains.

been really irritable last few days and exhausted. doesn't help that I can't sleep at night. Just waiting for him to arrive now it can't come soon enough x 

• Aww jade that's not good I haven't had any pains below but been getting terrible braxton hicks espcially when in the car ! To the point they made me make a little yelp earlier hehe 

It's seems we've hit the waiting game now I'm back at the hospital tomorrow hopefully I will know if they plan on inducing me early or not because I need to start my maternity leave earlier if they are. 

is everyone ready for when baby comes? 

• Im pretty much all set to go. just ordered the baby's crib. Hospital bag is ready too. 

I have midwife tomorrow.. was supposed to go to antenatal class on Saturday but it was 6 hours long and we went away Thurs to Fri so was so shattered and didn't bother. Gotta discuss birth plan but tbh I'm really open and just want to go with the flow it's hard to plan so not sure what to say. 

• Yeah I felt the same the only thing I want is my sister Mum and husband there which I lnow your suppose to only have 2 but i want them all lol 😂 

i have my antenatal class Sunday but to be honest with everything that's been going on I don't know how helpful it's going to be 

• Madie I'm sorry that hear that theo has been poorly I'm sending you both love and hope he starts piling the weight on now xxx

Jade what crib did u get Ive started packing my bag and the oh is finishing the nursery this weekend. 

I've been getting a lot of pains my scar feels like it's splitting 

• ah no MommyToOlly must be where the skin is stretching make sure you have it looked at you don't want it getting Infected or causing you grief.. and this one just a basic white one not rocking xx

• Hello ladies! I've not really commented much in this group, apologies! I hope all your pregnancies are going well. I have cholestasis again so may be having an induction at 37 weeks, which would be my birthday 29/6 🙈😂 32+4 at the moment and getting the fanny daggers, that prickly stabby feeling down below 😂 anyone else? 

• Hi Jem I am laughing so much at "fanny daggers" but yes exactly what I am getting do you know why we get them? didn't know what to call them when googling lol 

• Hi Jade, I'm not entirely sure but have read it might be something to do with the head being low and starting to engage?! I definitely wouldn't google fanny daggers, christ knows what that could bring up! 🙈😂😂😂 It's quite painful though sometimes isn't it? X

• Yeh it's the head engaging. It's worse if it's your first baby. My physio said they head doesn't need to engage as early the second time as baby knows the way.

Just in bed after my friends wedding. I ache from top to toe too much sitting in uncomfortable chairs but was good to catch up with some old friends.

I need to get my bag packed asap as I keep dreaming I'm going soon.

My midwife annoys me so in my birth plan notes I've written I'd like to start labour about 2am on the Saturday but take paracetamol and sleep until 7/8 then gave a bath and make my way in for 9/10 and have the baby around 4/5. Have grandparents visit at night and go home next day around lunch. 

• Hi  jemjems I am just in the process of been diagnosed with cholesasis by bile acid levels are high which was only discovered Saturday. Have you had this with a previous pregnancy ? I am a first time mum so everything is new to me. 

• Post withdrawn at user's request
    MFM

• Aww that blanket Is beautiful miracle. 

That's a nice crib jade I'm ordering a bed nest because our room is smaller this time. My scar is itching and burning its so uncomfortable 

• I wish I was near ready! I'm 32+6 today and have barely anything other than clothes. We bought the pram a couple of months ago, stored it at mil and opened it at the weekend to check it, to find it scratched so having to deal with that today! Need to buy Moses basket and car seat asap but we'Re moving from a 1 bed flat to a house so don't currently have any space for everything. 

Been feeling really miserable over the last few days, got a scratchy throat and stuffy nose again which isn't helping sleeping and just so paranoid about how much weight I've put on. I really hate the look of myself and don't like actually looking pregnant as so worried I look like I'm about to drop. Always been a size 8, with not great eating habits but cos of baby I've been eating so I've put on 2 and 1/2 stone already 🙈😬

• Dizzy I can totally sympathise with you. Size 8 also and my top half isn't too bad but my legs ! Omg they are massive I think ive put on over two stone too. I never use to eat and now I eat full meals which everyone is really proud of me lol 😂 weve had our room finished and we put all the clothes away and my summer clothes look more like they'd fit the baby than me !

not long to go just think a lot of the weight will come atraight off ! 

• Ladies don't worry about your weight - that is a perfectly acceptable amount of weight to put on. I bet you will lose it really quickly if you are naturally quite small framed. Remember a lot of it is extra blood and fluid that will just disappear once you have your babies xx 

• MiracleMummy, your blanket is INCREDIBLE - i'm totally in love! 
    And just so those of you who have put a bit of weight during your pregnancy, when I was pregnant, I put on over 4stone 🙈

Don't worry, it does come back off again! (I was eating several Danish pastries a day though....) 

• I know my plan is ridiculous thats what I think about birth plans. I don't think anything will go my way. I also want it to be pain free and quick lol.

I need to clean out my bedroom but I never dismantled my sons crib so not having to rebuild. Need to do a stock take on sheets etc as I can't remember what I kept. 

Once your babies arrive and your hormones settle down and you get your 6 week post natal check you just go out power walking the pram and I'm sure you'll be back to normal but just remember your body has just done an amazing thing so try and not be too hard on yourself. 

With my son I was a size 22 and dropped down to a 16 and then put some weight back on. This pregnancy I'd say I'm back at a 16 but I'm hoping once I get the all clear I can try and get fitter and healthier for my family. Need to take the morning sickness as a blessing but last time I tried too soon to do portion sizes etc and I never actually got time to eat and lack of food and sleep make you go cra cra!

It's my birthday on the 19/6. I'm trying to decide if I want a massage before or after baby. 

• Hi Lillian, yes this is my 2nd itchy baby. How high are your BAs? I'm on 600mg of Urso at the moment, my levels have fluctuated but at a safe 7.6 at the moment. Please feel free to message me or post here if you have any questions hun. I know how worrying it is xx

• They where 37 then 17 our hospital doesn't give out treatment at the minute because they are studying the affects of them. 

Thanks im just hoping for some confirmation that they will induce early because I need to Finnish work lol 😂