Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2017 - Part 4

Replies

• So my first day off on annual leave and I'm faced with scrubbing the house from top to bottom sat here in tears managed to do downstairs and the garden but I'm shattered and the upstairs seems so big and watching Jeremy kyle seems more interesting lol 😂. Got to pick olly up from nursery at 3 so need to hurry up 

• Hi everyone, we were wondering if you might come and tell us on this new threadhow did you announce your pregnancy? Did you send a text, or maybe do something super creative and special? Please do come and let us know over here. 

• mummytoolly I would defiantly take it two rooms at a time day by day it's to much doing it all in 1 day. I defiantly wouldn't be able to do it all in one x 

• I just found the motivation and the hoover bloody died. I feel like I'm getting a cold my throat hurts and my arms ache I could just sleep but when ollys home soon on the rampage 😂 

How are we

• How are we all today ladies 

• Post withdrawn at user's request
    MFM

• It's never comfortable to have someone poking about your privates but during labour it's not actually as bad as I thought.

I was reading something about the rise of male midwives. I'm not sure I'm happy with any males regardless of being a midwife or doctor. When it comes to my downstairs I just feel more comfortable with women and actually prefer older women. I didn't even like it when the guy came in who was the assistant to the woman doing my epidural. I'm sure if it was life and death I'm not caring but in general.

I need to set myself some daily challenges as I'm the laziest person ever. I think I need to blindly throw things away. 

• Hopefully youll feel better soon miracle sounds sore. Katt I know how you feel I had to really force myself to do the cleaning today living with a house full of boys it gets filthy 

• My midwife went fine..  she gave me leaflet on how to give myself a preneal massage I had to Giggle I'm so immature but the thought of me sitting there massaging that part is hilarious to me. helps to reduce tearing apparently. 

baby's head is also engaged but normal for 34 weeks x 

• They go on to suggest you can get your partner to do it.

I never was told the first time and I was fine. I think it all really depends on baby's position lol

• Hahaha jade I would have been the same 😂 its not exactly sexy. 

Is anyone planning to use a baby nest or any other form of baby pod? 

• My friend had her baby last year and she gave some ointment stuff that you're meant to massage into it... although it definitely is not something i like the sound of. 

What is a baby pod mummytoolly? 

33 weeks today :) 49 days to go, can't figure out if I'm petrified or excited haha! I've got to go and sort my pram out today, oh took it out the box at the weekend and it's scratched. Problem is, it was a limited edition colour (that I now don't like) so dunno what they can do about it. Going with my mum but she's just winding me up at the moment about it so not looking forward to it. 

Dizzy that's a poddle pod I have one from olly that I'm going to re use their meant to make the baby feel more secure and swaddled like being in the womb. Hope to manage to sort your pram out which one did you have? 

My stomach feels like it's burning and it's really itchy just going for a hour nap before olly goes for a haircut 

• Aw that's no good ! Hope your stomach feels better soon. 

Had appontments yesterday and got to see the consultant on Monday I'm hoping they will give me an induction date then. I have spoken to my work and my last day now is friday ! eeek so exciting but I feel knackered today so defo needed. 

Hope everyone else is well 

• I'm hoping they'll induce me Lillian with me having a previous c section and him being estimating so big I literally feel like I'm ripping in half. I'm back at at the hospital tomorrow for my emergency gtt 

• Aww bless you would you not have an elective section if they won't induce you ? I didn't think they liked to induce women who have previously had sections but I could be wrong x

• I might have to coz I'm in agony bbe I don't remember having this pain with olly it feels like I am splitting in half 

• Aww bless you I feel like when I stand up I'm so heavy my feet can't support me it's so painful lol everything is painful even sleeping but it will all be worth it its just that hard part of pregnancy that everyone hates xx

Feeling quite big myself. I never really had a bump with my son so I kinda like it but depending what jacket I've got on some folk don't realise.

If the induce you is there not more chance you'll need another section? Are you wanting to try a natural birth or would you rather a section. I'd hate one since I've got to come home to Patrick and not really old enough to understand. 

I'm at the midwife tomorrow. Things started going wrong for me around 36/37 weeks last time so I'm hoping all is ok. Just need my size and bp to be ok and I should just be allowed to go naturally. 

• I wanted a vbac originally chick but I'm in constant pain my scar feels all lumpy on the inside and it burns. You're quite small cute little bump