Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2017 - Part 4

Replies

• Yeh mention it to them bbe have you had a gtt coz they might send you for one. And I know it's getting closer now I'm scared at the prospect of giving birth 

• Not had a gtt no. I was going really dizzy and seeing flashing lights, at first they thought it was iron but that was fine and don't seem to have any protein or sugars in my urine samples so I really don't know :/ 

• I'm itching again my hands especially i don't know weather to ring them or wait. I feel like I'm wasting their time think I'm just paniking I have weekly check ups and they didn't say to ring if i got itchy again ahhh 

• Dizzy if your seeing flashing lights get yourself down to the pau bbe you don't have to have protein in your urine to have pre eclampsia how's your BP been. 

Lillian my stomach is itching me like crazy. You need to ring your midwife tomorow bbe and tell them about your hands 

• Yeah I just rang the assessment place where I go for weekly monitoring they said take a piriton and ring back if it continues. The hands and feet itching is quite specific to my condition but I worried my levels have risen again as I've not really been itchy the last few days. Im probs just over thinking everything but it's hard to not 

• The midwife had a go at me for not calling triage when I saw spots the other day. I thought it was cause I was being sick but she said it didn't matter. I had protein in my urine today but my bp was spot on. It's just so worrying when you don't know if you're over reacting or not.

• Yeah Katt it really is hard. I have heard blurred vision and seeing spots needs a check up sooner rather than later. 

The hardest thing for me is I feel little man kicking away and I know he's healthy and happy and I just want to keep it that way ! 

• My bp has been okay, it's been relatively low and has gone up a bit but not anything that they're worrying about as still isn't high by their standards. I was in tears earlier as feel so miserable about it. Oh said I ahould ring midwife tomorrow and say how it doesn't make sense what the charts have comw back with, bit part of me things if the lady today said he's 'fine' then will the midwife say the same thing. 

sorry for all the ranting ladies!

itchy hands don't sound fun Lillian! Hope the piritin helps you!!

• The itching didn't subside all night so I rang them back this morning I think I've had about a total of three hours sleep so goodness knows how tired I'll be today. 

Feel like I'm really wasting their time but on the other hand it's really worrying me.

hows everyone else feeling today ?? 

• You're not wasting their time Lillian it's what they're there for. 

Dizzy and katt if u see flashing lights again ring pau you don't have to tick all the symptom boxes to have pre eclampsia 

• I know now, I had just thought it was cause I was sick hence the telling off I got. 

My back is so sore. Barely slept and struggled to carry my son down down the stairs.

I'm so tired once he goes for a nap I'm going too lol. 

• Mormon ladies, finally managed to 'sleep' last night so hoping for a better day today. Little mans movements have definitely reduced but after being monitored yesterday he seems to be doing ok. I'm also itchy but mw wasn't to worried, however if it gets worse I'm to Go back. I have had really low blood pressure throughout and yesterday it was high for me so again going to keep an eye on that for a couple of days too. I still feel like I have a lifetime left...

• Yeah just keep an eye on the itching espcially when it's a night mine settled down for three nights than came back with a vengeance x

maybe mention it if you have reduced movements again 

• Itching is so much worse at night time then during the day...but it is everywhere 😬

Thought we could all use a laugh. Went into my pregnancy app and couldn't stop giggling about the tip to bring on labour lol

• 😂😂😂 not showing hubby that one!

• Are you okay bincey? Why were you monitored? 

Im going to ring midwife this morning and hope she can put my mind at rest about the results from the scan as it just doesnt seem right and I'm making myself feel ill and because I'm blaming myself I don't want to eat which isn't helpful when baby needs nutrients. 

• The nipple stimulation does work though! I've tried it before with my previous children. Although I don't think it will start labour unless your body is ready. You only have to rub them for a short time and contractions will start but they will only be braxton hicks if your body is not ready to go into labour. 

Hope you ladies all get answers to your problems. Definitely ring. Better to feel silly than spend all your time worrying . 

Ive got to ring doctor today for urine results. Had midwife on Tuesday and she said leukocytes were in urine so could have infection but haven't had any pain or symptoms. Also  baby's heart was racing. Also I was measuring 42 weeks when I went 3 weeks ago so was expecting to measure about 45 weeks now but am only measuring 40 weeks now. She was going to send me for  a scan but we were literally  setting off for Blackpool straight after the appt and as I have a scan on Monday she decided to leave it. It is a stressful time as there seem to be so many things we all have to worry about. I feel anxious as I had a miscarriage just before this pregnancy so still worry that the finish line seems so far away. Just want to hold baby in my arms and know he's ok. 

• Had a really low day yesterday, midwlife was lovely and told me to go straight in. His movements have reduced dramatically. But he is moving and she seemed happy with everything, she thinks im run down and because I've got a week off my body is on test mode. If in 48 hrs im not better I'm going back. 

Dizzy I'd definitely phone mw, hipefully it will give you peace of mind. I hate that they never explain things properly.

• Midwife just got back to me. She says he is growing well and that they're happy when any baby is born over 2.5lg. Mine is measuring 2.3 already and if I plot on my growth chart he's nearly at 95th percent, I don't get it cos he was at 50th last scan and bump has been 50 or below. Although she said measuring bump and scan are different. I'm absolutely petrified of having a big baby as I'm not v big myself normally. 

Feel like a right idiot because I went and burst into tears. Phone call hasn't helped me at all unfortunately.