Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2018

Replies

• **partners family**

• Oh wow, that must be such an intense place in which to be with this news! Are you feeling OK about it? Have you had to develop clever little cover stories?

I'm just the same. I feel so bad at lying and I feel that the small excuses I've had to make so far (for moving to decaf tea, not drinking, etc), have been so forced and obvious and silly. I can't imagine how much worse it will get when it's for being sick or bigger things! But I just told a colleague who I was keeping it from last week, and I mentioned the few times I thought I was making super obvious uncharacteristic excuses, and it just hadn't occurred to them that anything was up. I think it's worth remembering that to other people it's much less of a big deal than it feels in our heads right now - where it's the biggest deal ever!

• Penelobee: My EDD is a year to the day we found out my last pregnancy wasnt viable so it's very poignant & it kinda feels like it's meant to be. Hopefully July will be a month of joy rather than sadness x

• That must be so difficult to try and keep it from them when spending so much time with them on holiday, hopefully they don’t figure it out for now but when you tell them in the future they will probably think back to this holiday and realise! I think sometimes it’s just so obvious, like if I ask someone to lift something for me at work because I have a bad back but then I am walking around fine until I need someone to lift something 😂 

where have you gone on holiday penelobee? Somewhere out of this cold i hope! 

MrsE that definitely sounds like it’s meant to be, fingers crossed for you! My edd is exactly 4 months after my miscarried Edd which I also found strange that its the exact day.

is anyone having an early private scan, or have had one in the past? Would you recommend one? 

• Sorry I’ve got my wires crossed 😂 where have you gone on Holiday rockella? **

• Penelobee: we do have some little cover stories "trying to be healthy with no alcohol" etc. How successful - time will tell!

Mumtolily: we are not holidaying too far - we are in NSW (Australia). 

• Ooh that’s far for me! I’m in the UK! 

How is everyone feeling? This cold weathers really got to me I have such a sore throat! Been at work since 7 came home cooked shepherds pie picked lily up from playschool and now I can’t wait to get into bed! To do it all again tomorrow! I’m absolutely exhausted 😂 

• Hi Everyone! So I got my positive today!! Though I did test yesterday and forgot about it and it showed as a faint positive!!I'm 34 and my husband is 26 this is my first but hubby's second though he's never been through a full pregnancy as his ex didn't find out til she was 6 months pregnant. My cycles have been a little all over the place so basing conception from an average 31 day cycle over last 4 months! Apparently my GP doesn't refer to midwives I have to self assess so started the ball rolling. Were super excited and can't wait to get to know everyone

• Congratulations Blindingfate! Have you worked out your EDD?

I hit 6 weeks yesterday & still no sickness. I might be one of the lucky ones but obviously with my history of loss I'm now panicking that it means there's something wrong and the baby isn't developing as it should. Hopefully the scan on Monday will calm my fears a little. 

Has anyone thought about how they'll announce? Who wants to find out gender & who's having a surprise?! My husband wants to find out but I really want a surprise!

• Welcome blindingfate and huge congratulations! How did your husband take the big news? 

• Blinding fate congratulations! When are you due?

mrse ooh six weeks already has it gone quickly? I’ve never had any Sickness & this is my 3rd pregnancy :) some people get it some dont! Just luck of the draw I think! We won’t be doing any big announcement, just incase! But we will be finding out the gender! Will book a private one at 16 weeks as I already have a deposit down from last oregnancy! Would love to have a surprise but I’m too impatient 😂 

• Congratulations and welcome Blindingfate! How are you feeling about it all? 

And Mrs E - I'm a few days behind you, but also coming up for 6 weeks and a bit confused/uneasy about the persistent lack of sickness. But it's different for everybody. I know they say it's meant to peak 6-14 weeks, but that doesn't mean you roll over to 6 weeks and it just suddenly comes on. But either way, I'm so pleased for you that you've got that early scan booked in on Monday - can't wait to hear how it goes and I hope that can just be totally relaxing and reassuring :) 

• Okay talk To myself again 

• Hi Ladies! 

I'm actually moving over from the Due in June Board as I had an early scan today which placed me at 6w 3 instead of an estimated 7-8 weeks. New due date is 2nd of July. Got to see the little bean's heartbeat- makes it so real!

I've had no symptoms what so ever apart from a slight lower back pain and a weird twinge on my right hand side (which they confirmed is nothing to do with the pregnancy) 

Hope you are all doing well :)

• Sorry had a busy night! We've been trying since last September so it's been a long slog for us. Hubby is so excited lol he hasn't been able to keep a grin off his face all day 😂😂. Calculators are working us out to be due 2nd July but I think I will be mid July as I never ovulate the same for more than 2-3 months in a row, will probably have to wait for a dating scan to be exact, though going to get a clear blue tomorrow to see if I can figure out dates from that! Had a few symptoms kick in today that have been on and off last few weeks but just put it down to af like sore boobs and the odd twinge. I was away over the weekend and the travel made me so tired so didn't even put tiredness together either 

• Welcome over here Lorew. That's so interesting that you guys (fingers crossed so far) thankfully are avoiding the sickness - to be honest, I never suffered with it through my pregnancies too, so feel I got away lucky. 

• Thanks Danielle :)

Good to know more people than I thought get away with sickness!

• Hi, 

ive been following since we had our bfp on 30/10 I am due 12/7/18 and this will be my first and oh's third baby. I've had pos beta hcg test with my gp and am currently 5+1. I have had back pain and been a little over emotional for the past two weeks and lots of af type pains- not bad enough to need pain relief but I am worried about it. Back at the gp Next week and apparently I have to decide which hospital I'm having the baby at before I can book my first midwife appointment. Anyone else had the same?

• Hi everyone, I just found out on Wednesday that I'm expecting my third baby around 17th July I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time ,I lost my first daughter to stillbirth at 41 weeks during my Labour in July 2016 which was so very hard but I was so lucky to fall pregnant with my rainbow 10 weeks later I now have a happy beautiful 5 months old little girl who brightens up my day everyday and I'm so happy to be given her a little brother or sister I am very scared but I'm going to try be as positive as possible and take it a day at a time :-))  

• Hi Butterflybaby16, we are so sorry to hear of your loss, but so glad to hear about your daughter and your new pregnancy! Huge congratulations! How are you feeling so far?