Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2018

Replies

• Options

lorew congratulations! I bet it was lovely seeing babies heartbeat!  :) was that a private scan? 

mrsMac congratulations! You are two days ahead of me! The pains you have had may be Just stretching pains! But best to go see your doctor/Midwife if you’re worried! I have never had to choose a hospital but there is only 1 maternity hospital & 1 birthing centre near me! I would do some research and see which hospital you would prefer, maybe ask friends/families who have had babys and see what they recommend :) 

Butterfly baby, that must of been so heartbreaking for you, I’m so glad you now have your rainbow! I’m currently pregnant with my rainbow baby 🌈 after my loss at 13 weeks in September, I feel blessed to have fallen again so quickly but also very frightened it will happen again! Trying to keep Positive thoughts at the moment though! 

• Options

Welcome Mrsmac2017, and huge congratulations! we're so glad you decided to jump in and join the thread. 

• Options

Thanks- we are delighted but yes I'm very worried about the pains As it is on and off all day. My GP didn't even want to do a beta and seem very unconcerned telling me I'm 'very early ' which made me feel a bit like I was wasting their time. I will try again this week with my usual doctor (last was a locum) 

• Options

Thank you danielle I feel good so far bit tired with a 5 month old to but all 100% worth it , 

thank you mummytolily and I'm so sorry for your loss to and congratulations on your rainbow 🌈, it was so hard I'm not going to lie and I worried some of the pregnancy but I just tired to stay as positve as possible and I had a very good support system which helped massively my brev midw was my life saver , and because they was nothing wrong with my little angel the hospital just fucked up and let me down they gave me a c section  at week 38 so that helped to , but I look forward to my new journey with you all :-)) x

• Options

Hey ladies. Just found out today I’m expecting number 3. Totally not expecting it was a very big shock. Still hasn’t sunk in yet. Would love some support as emotions are up and down at the moment. Congratulations to all of you on ythis ur bfp. According to lmp I’m due 10th July.

• Options

I finally did a clear blue this morning it's showing as 1-2 weeks pregnant and just waiting on midwives to write with an appointment! Tiredness has truly kicked in now fell asleep before 11 when I'm normally a 2am kind of girl! Congrats to the new ladies too!!

• Options

Hi MummyBearx2, congratulations on your pregnancy. Sorry to hear you're feeling emotional - emotions certainly run high during these early weeks, that's for sure. 

• Options

So many people have joined - how exciting! Lovely to meet you :) So many rainbow babies on this thread - I hope they all bring you happiness and strength.

I went to see the GP yesterday and got given that huge massive pack with magazines and freebies and catalogues and midwife details. I had only taken a handbag so had to zip it into my coat so the 'congratulations on your pregnancy!' wasn't flashing to the world all the way home. It's really nice that there's so much information and support out there but I'm also finding it a bit overwhelming and emotional at the moment (I feel you MummyBearx2!).

Afterwards I had an apprehensive wander into a maternity shop. Definitely not showing yet but I was half wondering if some more stretchy jeans would be more comfortable and I've been getting crampy period-like pains like you, Mrsmac, and I wondered whether it might help. It was all a bit much for me, full of women with their other children running around/in prams, and lots of huge stretchy waistbands and complicated maternity/nursing underwear and contraptions. I went to the shopping centre where oh was running an errand and ended up crying all over him, in the middle of the crowded walkway... not quite my usual self!

• Options

Penelobee you are lucky you've had inform and support from the gp- I was told to take a leaflet from reception if I wanted one and that was it! 

You are brave, I haven't ventured into any maternity shops or baby shops yet but I'm dying to- just to chicken plus worry in case something goes wrong. 

Mummybearx2 I am an emotional wreck which is so unlike me so your not alone! This is my first and I'm very overwhelmed right now!

• Options

Butterfly baby thank You! I think that’s the best thing to do try and stay positive, i Can’t even begin to imagine what you have been through! will you have a c section this time to? 

Mummy bear! Congratulations! i Feel you, my emotions are all over the place Too! I think it’s only natural! How old are your other two?

blinding fate it definitely makes it feel more real seeing the words pregnant doesnt it! Oh god 2am I can barely stay awake Past 9 these days 😂 I do start work at 7am though so you’d never catch Me up at 2am! Come July I’ll be up most nights at 2am though 😂

penelobee, is it sad that I wear maternity jeans and maternty leggings all the time anyway 😂.It’s not even because I have a big belly I’m only a 12 but my god they’re so much more comfortable than normal! And the ‘over the bump’ jeans keep your tum nice and warm through these winter months 😂 

mrs mac I completely understand why you’re so scared being your first but i wish I could do my first all over again, you have so much to experience and it’s so lovely even my Labour I absolutely loved (as crazy as that sounds) but because you don’t know what to expect everything is so exciting! First scan first kick hearing the heartbeat just everything! You will love every second! 

I don’t have my doctors appt until 28th November which will make me 7 weeks and 3 days so god knows when my first Midwife appt will be! But I don’t mind this time because I’d rather everything be a bit later I don’t want a ’12 week scan’ until i am at least 13 weeks, will havs a private one at 10 weeks though because I just want the reassurance that everything is going well before Christmas! 

Has anyone got there first Midwife appt booked yet?

• Options

Hi, took few tests few showed faint line then few dark line. That means I'm pregnant 😀 with 2nd one. Due date 15th July according to calculator app.

I feel very nauseous and dizzy most of the time. Plus cramps 

• Options

I've got my first midwife appointment bopled for Dec 8th I just hope we get there!

Super nervous for tomorrow - it's my scan at the hospital & I'll be 6+5. My ectopic was diagnosed when I was 6+5 so it's a huge milestone to get past that. I'm just hoping they are able to do the scan abdominally (internal scans aren't pleasant!) and that they see a heartbeat as I will be a lot less anxious. If all is well they should be able to discharge me & treat like a normal pregnancy, although I wouldn't say no to another scan before 12 weeks!

• Options

Thanks Mummytolily!

Congratulations to you too :) It was an NHS scan as I mentioned some weird pains to my right hand side when I saw my GP and they wanted to rule out an Ectopic pregnancy.

My Booking apt is the 20th of November. Really worried I'm going to get told off about my weight. 

Going away for the weekend with the in-laws who love a drink and we are staying in a pub! Had a story about me being on antibiotics really to go, when low and behold I managed to get a UTI...and a course of antibiotics! Be careful what you wish for huh!?

Congrats and welcome to all the new ladies joining :)

• Options

Mrs e I really hope your scan goes well tomorrow! Do let us know! It will more than likely be an internal scan that early, although they are uncomfortable you’ll be able to see a lot more than an abdominal one :)

lorew thank you 😆 is your bmi quite high? I do slimming world and they actually have a plan for pregnant women which has been approved by midwives they actually recommend it and you get your first 12 weeks for free at a group! It’s definitely not a diet it’s a healthy life style! With my last pregnancy I asked my Midwife if I could carry on with it because I put on nearly 5 stone with my daughter and she had said to definitely carry on with it, my bmi is 25 

• Options

Welcome Mummy1Leena, lovely to have you here and huge congratulations! Sorry to hear those pregnancy symptoms have kicked in already. 

This birth club is filling up so nicely 😊

• Options

I'm probably gonna get told off for my weight to! Though until I came off birth control last summer I had stayed the same exact weight for 2 years and know I haven't put on that much more since! Gone back to our pre wedding healthy diet now we have our positive so lots of veggies and chicken and  I've cut the caffeine out already except 2 cups a day and replaced the rest with water and fruit tea! Been so hungry though I even had 4 slices of toast for breakfast today and prepregnant I couldn't even face food for 3 hours after waking! 

• Options

MrsE - fingers crossed for the scan tomorrow, please do let us know! It must feel a bit funny that it's also at 6+5 but just hoping it can be the moment you begin to believe this pregnancy is different, and this can happen! Sending hugs.

MummytoLily I'm sure you're right about maternity jeans, it's just too overwhelming at the moment and I'm so worried something's going to go wrong/feel I shouldn't be getting too excited or getting too much stuff this early. Also it's lovely how you write about your first - I hope you go through all those wonderful moments with this one, too :) 

Lorew! What a pain about the UTI! (and also quite a funny turn of events, as you say!) They're such a bitch, hope you're feeling better soon. I hope none of your midwives - also blindingfate -  are going to 'tell you off' about your weight, I'm sure they'll be nice. And when you're so hungry and growing a human, obviously it's great to be healthy but it's not the time to diet, so don't worry too much! (Though the slimming world thing does sound very sensible MummytoLily).

Welcome Mummy1Leena. So exciting! And sorry you're already feeling so rubbish. Have you found anything that helps?

Re midwife appointments: To my surprise a midwife called and booked in for this Thursday, when I won't even be 7 weeks. I felt it was a bit early - kind of shared your feelings, MummytoLily - but she said they like to get it done asap. She also called me at 9am this morning when, not having other kids, I was very much asleep. So I sleepily agreed...

• Options

Penelobee I completely get that, but just remember no matter anything you buy will not change the outcome of your pregnancy, with my first I had bought a crib at 10 weeks because it was on offer I’d had no scan Hadn’t heard her heartbeat or anything and she’s now a happy healthy 3 year old licking bean sauce off of her juice cup 😂 but with my second I didn’t buy anything and turned into a miscarriage at 13 weeks, I would definitely buy things for yourself so you’re comfortable there’s nothing worse than wearing a pair of jeans that are that little bit to tight 😂 but just hold off buying anything for baby for the time being :) 

i Agree penelobee it’s definitely Not the time to diet but Id recommend watching how Much youre gaining, putting on 5 stone and giving birth to a 7lb baby was not fun 😂 also with your nhs maternity exemption in some areas you can go to some swimming centres for free which is another way to stay healthy :) i think you will be okay having Midwife early, I would of agreed as well! still can’t believe I’ll be 7 weeks 3 days and doctors appt! I’m normally only about 5 week when I’ve been to the doctors! Don’t even know why they won’t to see me when this is my 3rd pregnancy wish I could just go straight to the Midwife! 

Congratulations & welcome mummy1leena! Sorry to hear youre Feeling nauseous and dizzy, if can only mean a good sign though! How old is your first child? 

• Options

So, we went for our early scan at the hospital today & I've never been so nervous in my life! After an hours wait due to a problem with the scanner I was shaking & nearly in tears, absolutely awful. 

The scan, however, was amazing. I cried tears of relief when the sonographer pointed out the yolk sac in the uterus & we saw a tiny flicker of a heartbeat which was incredible! Baby is measuring 4mm & they've estimated my due date to be a week behind what I expected but apparently this early its quite normal and its likely that I'll get put forward when I have my dating scan. 

I've been discharged from EPU which means it's treated like a normal pregnancy now. I have my dating scan booked for January 2nd which seems like a lifetime away so I think we're going to have a private scan before Christmas so we can announce, all being well. 

So relieved!

• Options

Ohh MrsE such great news! Have been thinking of you all day and wondering how it went! So so pleased to hear it and hopefully you can now relax a little and enjoy it all :) xxx