Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Ahhh congrats Joner that's fantastic 😍

• Ah MrsE 😍That's a very strong and positive way to be. I hope you're feeling ok❤️ be of luck today❤️

• I think I crave apple juice. Only realised this when saw about ten big empty cartons in my recycling l- been having a most days🙈

• -Emma I totally respect that decision re breastfeeding. My oh has felt quite left out (so oblivious obly just realized) so like the idea of breastf mostly if I can and bub takes to it and then expressing sometimes so that oh can be involved. Have no idea about pumps etc tho think I'll do some res and then wait to buy that stuff when need it once he's here x

• Doss anyone else have an anterior placenta? Think it's why at 21 weeks ive still felt nothing definitive 🙈😨🙈 because the placenta is absorbing the movements. Have felt bubbles but that's still it. I'm sure the movements will come soon and the sonographer wasn't worried last week so trying to stay calm.

• Joner I know how you feel about people judging your name suggestion, I’ve had my name picked a while and all I keep hearing is how it’s ”an old name” or “am I sure“ *insert eye roll* I get ranty too, I don’t care about people putting in there opinions it’s more when it’s not asked for haha

• emma it’s no one else’s choice on how you feed your baby formula is so advanced now it has all the same benefits of breastfeeding anyway, lily was bottle fed and shes Always been so advanced for her age, if anyone asked I just said it’s not for me, I’m similar to Mrs e and want to do it for selfish reasons 😂 and As long as baby is fed & content who cares! 

Mrs e good luck with your scan today! Can’t wait to hear how it goes! 

Celi I have an anterior placenta but mine is high so it’s only Cushioning some movements atm, I can still feel him moving around :) I can imagine it’ll cushion more when he’s head down and his feet are at the top! 

• Has everyone started buying the big bits? Think I’ve only got to buy a Moses basket and a new mattress for crib! And then it’s just clothes & nappies etc xD 

• I feel like I should wait for 24 weeks before we buy the big stuff but who knows 

• I've bought some big bits, purely due to finding things on offer. i got my travel system at 16 weeks as i got an absolute bargain. 

picking up a Moses basket this afternoon, again as I've found one at a bargain price.

I've got a list of things we need and written notes as to where I've found what we ideally want so its just a case of picking things up as & when. if i hadn't written a list i would have gone over the top with loads of stuff we didn't need.

I was nervous of buying things before but now i know hes growing nicely i feel happy getting things. 

• I’ve got my Moses basket and travel cot but those are the only big things I have because my travel system and cot and a few of the other bigger bits are being bought by family members so I can’t control when they do it haha, I’m starting to feel the pressure of getting things now though as I come closer to being half way

• I’m really undecided about bottles, I’ve got some tommee tippee ones already and my dad is getting me the tommee tippee steriliser and Im getting the tommee tippee prep machine but I don’t know if I want to just use those bottles, I’ve seen everywhere that the MAM bottles are really good, I’m getting flustered by choices, should have seen me trying to pick a nappy and milk brand when I was getting them the other day

• Ah no, mine is high Too but still nothing mega. Only bubbles 😰

• Had our scan this morning - everything is looking great and we got a really clear picture of baby! It's amazing how much they change between the dating scan and the anomaly scan. Baby had his/her legs crossed so we wouldn't have been a been able to find out even if we'd wanted to. Feeling relieved now xxx

• Yay huge congrats MrsE😍

• I'm getting worried as I've felt no movement at all I'm just 18 weeks I've got my 20wk scan on the 13th hopefully that calm my worries.

I'm so impressed with all your planning ladies I've not bought a single thing yet as I'm moving into my flat this weekend. But I've had a ofl friends with babies offer me stuff so i might not need to buy much.

• Aww MrsE thats fabulous! Glad you’re feeling relieved and he/she is doing well, so special seeing them change. 

we had to battle the crossed legs yesterday with prodding and shuffling of the hips. Think we have shy babies 😊

Emze try not to worry, this thread has taught me that every mummy and baby do everything at different times, the week by week pages and books are lovely to look to see what may happen during a certain time but each of us are so different. if you feel concerned call your midwife they can reassure you or let you have a listen to the heartbeat to keep you going until the scan.

• Thanks Joner57 I know and I had thought that but then started getting thoughts about what if something was wrong and I didn't say anything. Going to see the nurse Friday so I will check with her then. 

• Its very normal to worry, the nurse will put you mind at ease.

the little gem will be kicking and punching you in no time 👊🏼👊🏼

• We have our scan on the same day Emze! Fingers crossed for healthy bubbas for us both :) are you finding ou the gender?

I keep having dreams about a baby boy, and then yesterday I was in a taxi and told the driver I was pregnant (it came up in conversation, I didn’t just blurt it out like a baby-crazed madwoman) and he just goes, ‘you’re having a boy, aren’t you?’ I told him I don’t find out for two weeks but it’s defintely got me thinking! usually I’d laugh these things off, but who am I to decide if my taxi driver is psychic or not haha! 

On another note, is anyone else suffering horrendous heartburn? I barely sl or last night and had to keep getting up because my heartburn was so bad I felt like I was going to throw up 🤢 definitely has been getting worse over the past couple of weeks (18+6 today). I’ve tri d the regular heartburn meds and they don’t seem to be helping. Anyone have any tips or tricks that they have found work?

thanks in advance ladies, I love being part of this group, I am learning so much from you all and it is really appreciated.

and congrats to all who have recently had good news from their gender/anomaly scans! Over the moon for you all xxx