Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• So my list of what we need to get.  Can anyone think of anything else? 

big stuff - 

*pram incl raincovers & change bag

*car seat 

* cot

*rocker napper (for downstairs play and sleeping)

smaller stuff - 

* baby bath 

*lotions and potions 

*manacure set thermometer 

*clothes and sleep wear also socks, tights mats and hats

*blankets & an sleep sack?

*wipes, nappies and nappy sacks

* breast pump and bottles (planning to breastfeed)

* muslin clothes

* maternity pads, breast pads, 

*change mat 

• Items on my list in addition to yours:

Baby sling

Bedside Crib/Moses Basket

Room Thermometer

Microwave steriliser

I've also got Ollie the Owl on my list for helping to settle baby - Ewan the Dream Sheep is also raved about in the group I'm in!

• i haven't got my list to hand but off the top of my head things not mentioned that i've got on my list that i can remember:

travel cot, baby monitor, sun shades for the car, thermometers for room and bath, bedding, baby bag - i've currently got 4 rucksacks i'm looking at comparing compartments etc, travel changing mat (if not part of bag), ive got changing mats for upstairs and downstairs.

we've actually bought more wintery things than summery, only as the winter stuff is in the sale now (and i saw the cutest snow suit that couldn't be left on the shelf!) so we're more prepped for wintery weather than summer, for my summer boy.... oops. 

• Good luck on the 13th Elizabeth, I'm not finding it gender my husband asked for a surprise early on so I never thought about wanting to know myself. I'll post a pic once I have it. 

• Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the newcomers :-)

We had our 20 wk scan on Friday and we are thrilled to announce we are having a little girl :-)  We took my mum along too as she's never been to a scan before; I think it really made the whole experience more real for her.

Due date is 13 July..

We haven't bought anything for our LO yet but plan to do so after 24 weeks. We're still undecided on whether we need a carry cot - I just can't stand the thought of buying something and only using it for 6 months lol.  Is anyone else having the same dilema? Also, a lot of the car seats that come with the packages are also only suitable for a few months.

There are lots of nice strollers on the market which are suitable from birth - is anyone just planning on buying a stroller and a separate car seat?

• MrsE thank you, I hadn’t thought about a room thermometer.  my Friend has given us some owl thing that has Bluetooth and can play sounds.  

jonew I’ve got sunshades for the car, Argos has a fab offer on last week £5.99 down to 99p but when I picked them up they were only 79p 

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6063917?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59130|cid:265006737|agid:14507206137|tid:aud-180466976965:pla-18283950120|crid:73382240337|nw:g|rnd:16532214518458525383|dvc:m|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:9045421&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9nUBRCTARIsAG11eifC3BoTZ9ODxczSObY1qeO2IsVF7Vx9GvvPbhIv2RmjRn0RlDhB9EAaAoX8EALw_wcB

travel cot I thought of but didn’t add to the list as it’s not something I will need straight away but I will pick ine up when I see an offer or need.  I totally forgot a baby mon though .  I have a travel change mat with the hello world outfitt I got her.  

Unfortunately my gender scan was just a little too late for the sale on the pink fluffy snow suit I saw but others will come up when the weather improves I’m sure.  

• Mrs e so glad everything went well with your scan! how funny that baby had his/her legs shut! 😂

meme nipple cream might be a good one to add to your list! & hooded towels, also a little towel to keep by your changing mat (if it doesn’t come with one) they’re very cold and babies don’t like the cold 😂 nappy cream, bath thermometer, I would get some cotton pads to clean babies bum to begin with (I don’t see a problem with wipes but I remember my hospital hating them and wanting to use warm water and cotton pads) 

crombo glad everything went well with your scan! And congrats on baby girl that’s great news! 

Has anyone thought about hospital bag like how many sleepsuits & vests and that to take? I can’t remember how many I took with lily but we Left the hospital when she was 6 hours old so didn’t use much, but obviously don’t know how things are gunna go this time 

• Thanks MummytoLily, 

TBH I haven't even given the hospital bag too much thought yet. Anybody else have any ideas?  This is our first baby so we have no idea lol. 

• thanks mummytolily I have cotton wool and pads at home but better stock up.  Already have bath thermometers but maybe should buy new as they are years old.  My friend gave us a pack of 2 hooded towels but we will need more.  

I thought about my hospital bag but not sure how many of anything to put in.  I will wait until I’ve seen the consultant and spoke about the birth plan (I’m high risk so will be consultant led care).  I always pack to much when I pack normally but they don’t like that.  

• Meme I’m the same always take more than id Ever need 😂 how come you’re high risk if you don’t mind me asking? Hopefully you & your consultant will be able to come up with a great birth plan that suits you, have you any ideas of what you’d like so far? (Apart from nice and quick & pain free haha) 

• Ive written a list for our hospital bag which includes everything i/we need, ipad with things downloaded to watch, headphone splitter so we can watch something together, magazines, snacks and drinks, pads, travel wash bits, towel, clothes i need for hospital and mooching home etc. I’ve covered what we need in detail, for the baby all it currently says is ‘cute outfit for the little fella & nappies’ 

need to work on the baby section of my list 😂

• Joner hahahahaha definitely need to write a bit more for baby 😂 here’s my list so far but just need to think how much of things to take and also anything else I’d need 

• Nice and pain free and of course safe is all I’m bothered about.  I’m a bit of a wimp so definitely going to have pain relieF of some kind. From what little I know an epidural seems to be the way to achieve that.

im high risk because of my high bmi/weight, pcos and the losses.  Mainly because of the bmi.   I’m yet to have my glucose test to see if that will be a risk factor 

• i started to write down baby things then i wandered off to look at the bits we already have and got distracted day dreaming about him wearing them. 

I’ve become a huge mess of distraction since i got pregnant, feel a bit like homer simpson when he day dreams about food or beer but its everything baby for me. I just sit grinning to myself in my own world.

Is anyone else feeling beyond tired? I wake up in the night everytime i turn but go straight back now to sleep So not really missing out on sleep but i literally could nap anytime of day or night. 

• Meme I have to have the glucose test too

• I screen shotted your list Mummytolily, cheating at motherhood lol!! 

Joner I am literally shattered all the time. I go to bed about 9:30 and I'm wide awake by 4am, but wake up intermittently between those times. I think because I had such a good first trimester (no sickess or anything, I literally wouldn't have known I was pregnant if I hadn't done umpteen pregnancy tests that told me otherwise) and was expecting that 2nd trimester "bloom" of energy! But I wonder if women feel like that because the sickness goes and they start feeling more human. Also my blood pressure is low which can make you feel abit slow. I'd give anything for a Redbull around 4pm at work!!

• Meme & Emma, i've got to have that too as my sister is diabetic. have you read the notes about the appointment? fast for 12 hours, have test, wait at hospital and not walk around for 2 hours, have a snack then another test. 

• KMH - i'm waiting for that bloom to arrive. initially i thought it was just changing to decaff tea and getting used to not having numerous cups of caffeine a day.

i had a snow day / work from home day today, couldn't make it in. felt exhausted this afternoon so sat down on my bed for a few minutes to read the news and i woke up 2 hours later fully under the covers tucked up! having to catch up on my work now, oops!

• Joner yeah I’ve read the notes, I’m not looking forward to it tbh 🙈

I also feel like the list of things I need it super long, I already have some of these things and a lot of the things are being bought by other people it’s just overwhelming to look at image

Mummytolily I’ve screenshoted your hospital list, not going to lie I didn’t have a clue before seeing that haha

• I did but I don’t remember seeing anything about snack, do I need to take snacks and what like?