Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Mummytolily I’m not sure if it’s coming back in stock, I don’t want to wait too long and risk it 

• Options

Is anyone else really excited for first viability at 24 weeks I think that’ll help put my mind at ease! 

We are gunna try and go to toys r us today see if we can pick up any bargains! 

• Options

Wee hoping to do toys r us next week. when we go to ikea in Cardiff.  We dont have either shop more locally.  

today we are going Or Hubby will be going to get a shovel to try and clear the snow, i was outside when he went to work helping him drive off whilst a neighbour pushed and again at 420am when he returned from his night shift trying to help him get his car unstuck and on the driveway.  Thankfully it’s stopped snowing but is due to start raining later andmore snow if showing for this evening on the weather app.  

• Options

My anxiety levels are really getting the best of me at the minute, I think it’s because I haven’t really felt her move around much and I don’t have a big bump yet I’m still at the point where I don’t really look pregnan, I’m excited for my scan on Tuesday but really nervous too and then the glucose test is coming up next month and I can’t stop thinking about it, I feel so sorry for my fiancé because I must be really high maintenance at the minute, just trying to stay positive really 

• Options

Meme it wasn’t that great in there today! They had loads of stuff but the discounts weren’t very good they’ll probably be a lot better next week! We only bought a changing Mat and lily a mashem (bladdy things 😂) 

We did go into mothercare and get a baby bath and a beautiful baby blanket though! 

I was in the bath this morning and baby boy was kicking so hard that you could see my belly move! He’s been so active today wish it was like this everyday!

can’t wait to hear how your scan goes emma!

i have my whooping cough injection on Tuesday! Anyone else had it yet? 

• Options

Mummytolily I had my injection a few days ago. Was fine apart from the arm ache afterwards, was sore for a good 2 days and night.

Wishing you luck for Tuesday Emma, hope it puts your mind at ease. 

Went to the baby show today, some good stuff there, but there wasnt much of a discount on items, thought we might catch some deals. Was good to have a look at things though to get some ideas, so many options for everything.

hitting toys r us tomorrow to see whats going on there.

• Options

I feel similar Emma as I don't really have much of bump compared to others who are the same gestation as me. I spoke to my friend who is a midwife today and said about the lack of bump and she commented that along with it being my first I also have a long abdomen. Really short legs for a woman who is 5ft 5in tall, but my abdomen is quite long. She said sometimes this means that instead of growing out baby will stretch upwards because there is more room. She said this worked for women with long abdomens, those who are quite tall and those who have good core muscles, don't get a bumpy bump for a while. It seems to depend on your shape, height, core and how many previous pregnancies you've had. 

Movement wise I am defiantly feeling them, but it's quite light and has no pattern yet. I have my 20 week scan on Monday which will help with my worrying but overall I think what's happening is actually very normal (or at least that's what my midwife friend said and I trust her) xx

• Options

Thank you Joner, I think it wont be as bad once I can feel her move more often and can actually see a clear bump haha

KMH i’ve felt her move a couple times but it’s more like little bubbles where I still question whether it was her moving or not, I just feel like by this point there should be some patterns or it being stronger

• Options

Hi Emma. Try to not worry my love. I'm 22 on tues and only felt the same as you small bubbles which aren't definitely kicks. It has a lot to do with the position of the placenta. If it's on the front like mine then it acts as a cushion to The kicks. All was ok at my scan and he was moving but I didn't feel it. I think it's all ok. Hope you get on ok this week X

• Options

Thank you Celi, do I find out the position of the placenta at my scan? I will update you all after my scan haha, I saw her moving alot at my last scan but they said it’s too early to feel movement for most people then anyways, I was 16 weeks, she’s a little monkey at the scans that I’ve already had so I’m expecting no different at this one, she’ll be showing off and being naughty and put my mind at ease in no time

• Options

Ah that sounds lovely Emma. Yeh they can tell you. It's on my notes that they printed off for me. My sonographer was quite crappy tho and when I asked him if that was why I hadn't felt much he just kind of shrugged it off and wasnt v reassuring. I've reassured myself my reading and everything I've read about anterior placentas says with that kind you feel v little movement (sometimes throughout the preg) 😳😱🙈because it's like a cushion to movement. But it's not an issue other than being frustrating and worrying x

• Options

Emmaa09 me too I spent most of Friday in tears stressing about the baby and work  I even asked my gp to do a heart beat scan which she said might not work. Then I cried all the way home because of didn't. Called my mum who told me to calm down and try not to stress to much as its not good for the baby and that she's not surprised they didn't find the heart beat it's too hard this early without proper ultrasound 

I've calmed down a bit now but only because I've got my first midwife appointment Monday. 

I think it's all part of being pregnant I can't wait to feel my baby move and will hopeful be more reassured when that happens. 

Look after yourself x

• Options

Joner thanks I’m dreading it a bit 😂 we were meant to go to the baby show but didn’t because of the weather, did you buy anything? 

Kmh glad your midwife friend put your mind at ease! How handy to have her around! 

When is everyone’s next midwife appt? Mines not until the 6th April! So that’ll be 11 weeks I haven’t seen her for 🙄 

• Options

Honestly the jab isnt bad, didnt notice the actual jab, the arm ache is just annoying, not pain though. Ached me when changing gears in the car, every gear change was met with an ooo or aaaaaah.

we only bought a changing mat, but we did see a lot of things to inspire us.  I was very excitable last night and unboxed all the things ive bought over the last few weeks to check and mess about with.

Ill be seeing midwife 3rd april. 

The gaps between appointments does seam long but time feels like its flying by at the moment. 

• Options

20 weeks today! 

I’ll be seeding my midwife on the 3rd April, hoping I actually get to hear baby’s heartbeat this time since they didn’t do it last time

• Options

The last few days or so I’ve had little bits of blood on my tissue when I’m blowing my nose but today is the worst it’s been I’ve got blood on my pillow and t-shirt where my nose has been bleeding through the night and when I blew my nose a massive blood clot came out, has anyone else had this? It’s scaring me abit 

• Options

My 20 week scan is 13/03

my 1st consultant appointment 26/03

next midwife appointment 17/04

glucose test 19/04

ive been having blood mixed in whilst blowing my nose, I’ve still got this pregnancy rhinitis, not sure if I have a little sinus problem too.  The blood could quite easily be because of the aspirin along with hormones 

• Options

20 weeks today !!

Had major scare yesterday !! Me and the hubby DTD 🙈 Stuck in doors with the snow so what else could we do!! But the noticed bleeding went straight to a&e! Luckily they did u/s and all was fine even got to see baby kicking and putting and to face which was lovely. Heartbeat was fine! They did say my placenta was a little low so no sex and no heavy lifting ! so now taking it very easy

have my 20 week scan on Tuesday so fingers crossed all is ok

• Options

We bought our pram today! We've gone for the Bugaboo Chameleon with black frame & grey fabric. It's beautiful and I can't wait to use it properly. We bought from an independent baby shop and they did us an amazing deal. Starting to feel very real now!

• Options

Sandy wow that is a fright! Glad everything’s okay and you now know what you can and can’t do! Good luck for you scan tomorrow!

mrs e so glad you got your pram sounds lovely! Won’t be long and they’ll be a little baby in there 💙💗