Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Baba is growing well!! 20 week scan showed them yawning and sucking their fingers. Slightly low placenta but they're not massively worried, sweet talked the sonographer into another scan just to make sure tho lol! So will be seeing baby again at 32 weeks!

• Aww amazing KMH! Can't wait for mine next week. 

Just had my first midwife appointment and she was lovely, great support and got my pregnancy book. It's starting to feel very real gots lots of appointments coming up as I've missed a couple of dates due to moving hospital.

• image Scan went really well, she was behaving for once, let them see everything they needed to see, they said that everything is looking as it should so I’m a happy lady, they said I’ve got a slightly low lying placenta but it’s not causing any problems so they aren’t worried about it, they will check it again at 32 weeks 

• Forgot to say I got to hear her heartbeat too which was unexpected but made me happy

• Lovely scans ladies!!

Sandy - I've had a situation like yours this morning :( I've been at the hospital all morning today as was bleeding this morning a little bit after sex then quite a bit more about an hour later.

Checked everything out and me and the little man are all good, heard his little heartbeat drumming away too. Got to go back to the hospital later today to have an Anti D injection. Strongly advised against sex, will stock us up with some crossword puzzles for our wild nights in!

• 50% off online clothes at mothercare

• Emmaa09 so happy for you that your scan was good and you're feeling a little better.  Are you still getting nosebleeds? I've been getting them on and off - like you with clots which is quite scary considering I've never had a nosebleed in my life!  They come with no warning too; just start pouring out of nowhere.  It's all part and parcel of pregnancy according to my reference books so i'm not concerned in the slightest about them. If they start happening everyday then I'll definitely visit my GP or call my midwife.

My next midwife appointment is 26 March. I was so excited a couple of days ago as I felt a few really cute strong kicks by my baby girl and I could feel her little foot :-). Since then though I've felt only flutters which is disappointing but I know more will come eventually.  

I've been feeling up and down lately too, it must be hormones. Crying for no reason etc.. 

Joner57 glad all is OK now with you and the little man! that must have been scary for you.

• Also is anybody else getting a really itchy tummy? I've been applying loads of cream (mainly at night time but do in the morning if I have time). By the afternoon, it feels dry and itchy but tempted not to use my nails as want to avoid unnecessary markings/stretch marks.

• great news emma & kmh so glad your scans went well! And you too joner so glad baby boy and yourself are doing well! 

Crombo thats exactly like me just Over a week ago my boys kicks were so strong and then since then have just been little flutters and some stronger movements but nothing the same so I think he’s obviously moved into a position that can’t be felt as easily I really want him to move back though the movements were so lovely! 

Bit of a tough week for me my due date would of be Friday & Saturday is 17 years since my dad passed away, he was hit by a car when I was 7 and we pretty much saw the whole thing so still find that day extremely difficult ☹️ This week can’t go quick enough For me 

hope everyone else is doing well!

• So sorry to hear that Mummytolily, such heartbreaking times :-(  I can't imagine what you must be going through.  I do know however that you need to stay so strong for your LO.  Big hugs xx

• Is anybody else asthmatic and finding the pregnancy is causing a problem?

• joner I bought a couple Of things this morning in the sale, looks like a good sale.  

I showed hubby what I wanted to buy - previous to this earlier this morning his sister (sister and mum dont live in the uk, his mum will be coming over for the birth) had sent a photo of just some of the clothes they bought for the baby and blankets they have made.  Really lovely of them.  When hubby saw i was buying a these couple of things I had chosen he said not to buy more because she will end up with too many clothes with what we have already bought and what they have bought, he even said he wouldn’t be suprised if his mum ends up being a suitcase full over.  

i know it’s lovely but I felt really down at this point and admitted to him that lovely as it is but when our Daughter is born I think I’m going to want to dress her in the lovely girly clothes that I like, she will be our first.  

I know I’m overthinking it and maybe being a bit mean but I really hope they don’t bring a suitcase full over aswell meaning as they are.  

We will be going over for a holiday (hopefully) a couple of months after our baby is born when his mum goes back 

• crombo have you spoke to your midwife about the itching? 

• Thank you Crombo I’m still getting the nosebleeds and headaches too, I wake up with them then they go away after about half an hour, I brought it up at my clinic appointment today to the dr but she said blood pressure is normal so it’s nothing to worry about, in her exact words “it’s just something that happens” can imagine my face when she said that, I agree that its scary when it happens though 

So sorry to hear that Mummytolily thinking of you 

Crombo I’m asthmatic and I’ve noticed this past week or so that I’ve been breathing a lot harder, my doctor warned me right at the beginning that it was likely to happen as the baby is starting to take up more space he just said that I was welcome to renew my prescription for inhalers whenever I needed it and to keep an eye on it

• Meme210 not yet (called the midwife) but if it continues to be a problem I will do.  I'm noticing it with my boobs too - drives me mad sometimes!

• Emmaa09 I think we just have to put up with the asthma issues, it's such a pain isn't it? Especially when you can't suck your tummy in and get a really good breath in. Glad I'm not the only one though.  

How is the bump coming along? Are you showing much more yet?  I've really "popped" the last couple of days and my belly button feels a lot tighter (even though it isn't yet sticking out lol).

Just returned from my 20+ scan all is fine even placenta so fingers crossed all will continue well ! Was so tempted to find out the sex but decided be nice as surprise as it's 1st one. Congrats to all the other ladies too xx

• I haven’t had the itching but a friend who is a new Mum said if I do to make sure I get checked, for her it was apparently an acid problem i think she said 

• Meme210 thanks for letting me know this, I'd just put it down as 'one of those things' but I'll definitely be mentioning this to the doc/midwife x 

• Crombo ive been itching like crazy, legs and tummy. Legs is when im wearing tights or tight jeans on my legs, tummy i read is due to the skin stretching and growing so ive been applying cream a few times a day and its fine.

lovely pic Sandy, excellent will power!

i’m sitting in the waiting area at the hospital maternity day assessment unit - theres pregnant ladies pacing up and down and i saw a very new little baby leaving on my way in - very surreal and exciting all this going on. Just dropped in for my injection, didnt notice all the activity this morning.

How many are left to have their 20 week scans now??