Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018

Due in July 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• I have my 20 week scan next Tuesday 

• Crombo its so annoying especially when there’s literally nothing that they can do, hope baby doesn’t get asthma tbh, it’s affected me a lot through my life. As for my bump, I wouldn’t say I’ve popped but it’s definitely way more noticeable, I got told today I still haven’t put any weight on so I know my bigger tummy is all baby now haha, I can see it starting to shape too so I’m a lot happier than I was last week

Congratulations on the good scan Sandy and for the will power, I asked to know the gender even though I already knew so that shows how much will power I have haha, so you have to have another one at 32 weeks or not?

Meme good luck for your scan hope it goes well

Joner was it your whooping cough injection you had? I need to book in for mine but I’m abit scared 

• Emma - no i had the whooping injection last week, jab didnt hurt at all (i hate injections and didnt notice it go in) just had a slightly dead arm for a few days.

i had the anti D jab, i wont lie, it was weird and not enjoyable. Very quick though, the fluid is really thick and you can feel it glooping into your arm, bizarre! 

• Okay so after today I take it back that I haven’t popped, I was out with work friends tonight and I was wearing a top that I haven’t worn since I first found out I was pregnant and I couldn’t believe the difference, I think cause I wear loose clothes for work I wasn’t really seeing it but even my friends were pointing it out tonight which I didn’t mind because I’ve been waiting for a bump to show up

• Aww Emma thats great! So happy for you. 

• Meme me too! I'm so excited

I not finding out the sex but can't wait to hear the news for others who are. 

I'm showing now, I'm not skinny but it's lost weight before Xmas before my wedding so the pictures make it more noticeable as I'm got an obvious bump now and it's only two months later..

I've decided to just tell everyone at work as it'll just make things easier I'm not good at hiding things lol  

I'm looking forward to my first kicks but I think I've prob had a few and not realised that's what they are. 

Moving into my new flat finally this weekend so can look through what baby bits I have and start planning for my babies arrival eek!

• Do any of you know if it’s okay to get my whooping cough needle while I don’t feel well? I’ve booked it in for tomorrow but I’ve come down with a horrid cold today and don’t know if I should still go for it or put it off until next week

• Hi everyone, 

My name is Kaylah I am 24, due on 14th July and this is my first baby!

Lovely to meet you all.

• Hi NewmummyKaylah, welcome to the thread and congratulations! How's your pregnancy been so far? 

• Hi Kaylah, welcome and congratulations! How have you found pregnancy so far?

Emma, I would keep the appointment and then mention it to the nurse, I don't think it would be a problem tho 

• Hi Kaylah,

Welcome! you're due the day after me :-)

Emmaa09 - how are you feeling now? Are you still going to get the jab tomorrow? I've had the same worries about my baby getting asthma but like friends and family have said to me, she'd be in the best hands as I'd know exactly what to do! That made me feel a little better but you still can't help worrying, I completely understand that. I've had asthma since I was a toddler and have been in and out of hospital.

Has anyone been getting period like pains? Mine are sometimes horrid :-(  the docs say as long as I'm not bleeding all is OK.  It's still not nice though.

Is the whooping cough jab something the midwife offers to you? How do I know if I need it?

• Hi Kaylah welcome and congrats! I’m also 24 & expecting my second baby (a boy) due the 11th July :)

emma I have no idea I cancelled mine the other day because I wasn’t feeling well but that was more to do with I didn’t really wanna go out 😂 so need to re book it! 

Crombo everyone is offered it you don’t have to have it though it’s completely your decision! The vaccination goes through the placenta and protects baby against getting whooping cough for the weeks before they have there own vaccinations :) 

• Thanks Mummytolily, I'll mention it when I next see the midwife on 26 March.

Who else is exercising then? I can only manage one swim a week at the moment and feel like I should be doing much more. Bought a pregnancy yoga dvd and only did the first part and haven't touched it since lol.  I'm either very tired or very lazy ....

• Welcome kaylah. 

Cromno I get the period like pains. They freaked me out at first but yes as long as not blood and not severe think theyre normal. I'm only swimming as and when and going slightly more walking than normal which isn't much. I think I'm lazy. How's everyone feeling? X

• Crombo I go to aquafit twice a week 

• Crombo I’m still not feeling good to be honest, I’ve cancelled my appointment and rearranged for next week, they were happy to help so I didn’t mind so much plus now I get a once in a life time day of rest tomorrow, hopefully I will feel better after that.

I’ve had asthma since I was a baby too and also been in and out of hospital my whole life so I know what you mean when you say you’d know exactly what to do.

About the pains, I was getting them a few weeks back, got super worried and rang to speak to a doctor who told me not to worry it’s normally just the growing pains and unless there’s any bleeding I shouldn’t stress, I haven’t felt them since so hopefully yours pass soon.

Mummytolily I think that’s the main reason I’ve cancelled mine haha I think there’s a bug going around and I want rid of it as soon as possible, I volunteer in a school on a Friday most weeks so I pick up all sorts 

• 20 weeks today for me, halfway through 🎉🤩😍💕🎉🤰🌟🌈 I cant wait for my scan on Tuesday

• Meme me too, so excited 🎉🎉🎉

I'm also going on my honeymoon the following week so hubby can see how much my bumps grown.

I'm sorry to hear some mums have been feeling down and unwell, I've had a stressful few weeks and lots of things out of my control but finally I'm moving into my new flat this weekend and my boss has said to not worry about things to much. Enjoy the weekend ladies might try and go for a walk at some point it always does  me good to get outside for some air 

• Happy 20 weeks meme & emzebaby 👶🏻❤️🎉🎊

I’m feeling so many movements now getting stronger everyday 😁 Moses basket was delivered yesterday can’t wait to see baby boy in there all snug & cosy! 

Has anyone thought of any names for there little cuties yet? 

• I have my name picked mummytolily