Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in July 2018 Big Birth Announcement Thread

Replies

• Congratulations Mummytolily beautiful picture and birth 

• Wow what a story, so quick! Congratulations, Harry is gorgeous xx

• He’s beautiful MummytoLily! Congratulations xxxx

• Oh Mummytolily, we are so, so happy for you - congratulations on beautiful Harry! And what a fabulous, chilled out birth! 

• Wow.... switch off for a week or so and theres babies popping up everywhere!

congratulations all of you who have had theirs so far, all very very cute content looking babies.

hope you’re all recovering well?

i’m now 5 days over & just awaiting my midwife visit for my second sweep. at the first one on Tuesday she said i was about to pop... nothing yet. Hopefully this one does the trick, if not ill be induced on Wednesday.

still doesnt feel that long ago we were all nervously waiting for our 12 week scans and now some of you have babies in your arms!

good luck to everyone still waiting! 

• Quick announcement! As Joner57 says, the babies are a coming! So, we though it was time to kick off your July 2018 Babies thread. We will eventually lock the birth club thread once all the babies have arrived, so please do come on over to the new baby thread. 

New July 2018 Babies thread herePlease hit the green follow button so you don't miss any posts. 

• Joner you completely right, I can’t believe how fast this pregnancy has gone 

8 days until due date for me, still no sign of baby 

• Huge congratulations Munmytolilyandharry!! He’s gorgeous and so glad you had a quick birth and home so soon :-) xx

• Well what a night.  I rang triage early on, they told me they didn’t think I should come in but could if I wanted to, i got very upset because it took me a lot to call and I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time we stuck it out another few hours came in and I was suprising 3cm dialled.  They said they couldn’t give me anything other than pethadine (I didn’t want it) and they would put me on a ward with other women, Husband would have to go home so I went home.  2 hours later I couldn’t stand it anymore so we heading back to triage expecting to be 4cm where they would admit me to delivery.  Turned out I was 5cm.  They transferred me to delivery.  Hubby went to get bags whilst I got changed and had a cannula put in for my preplanned epidural they gave me a leaflet to read.  I was on gas n air whilst waiting for it.  I felt something come between my legs and the urge to push.  Don’t think they really believed me but they looked and saw I was full dilated and ready.  I begged for any pain relief I could get as I didn’t trust gas n air to be enough.  They completely refused said it was too late.  Long story short we got to hospital at 2:20 am and our Daughter was born (just g&a and I had to be cut) at 4:15am.  She had pooed inside me but we are both doing well And completely in love with her.  

• Thank you everyone :) 

meme massive congratulations so glad she arrived safe and sound! See you didn’t need the epidural after all 😜 you done amazing well done! Does she have a name yet? & how much did she weigh? 

• Wow Meme210, what a story - you dilated sooo fast! 

To everyone who has posted their birth story, thank you, please do pop me a PM with your name and address so we can send your baby gift. 

• So Elsie is 16days old now but oh my god when I wished she had my attitude I meant for when she's older..

Who knew a baby that looks so innocent when there asleep can be such a diva when they open there mouth.. imageimage

• I thought I had posted my birth story.. I clearly didn't press post..

So I went into labour on 13th July, the day before I was duedto be induced...I thought i had pelvis pain and was trying to send my partner to work, after calling triage they asked me if I'd felt baby move which I realised I hadn't.

They told me to eat and drink lots and to leave it an hour and to call back if No change..which there wasn't so partner packed the car up.

The lady said I clearly wasn't having contractions as j was talking to much.. ( they do not know me..)

Anyway got to to triage and was put in a room and hooked on a monitor, and assessed down below.. to be told I was 4 cm dilated.. by this point I generally thought I'd be home within the hour..

So finally got put onto to a labour ward, everything was going to plan, my waters broke and they realised she had pooed inside me..

gas and air became my best friend until I got to 6 CMS.

They then struggled to find Elsie heart rate so they hooked something onto onto her head and by this point I had to have a drip to speed up contractions and then I had pethadine..

So then I made it to 8 CMS and that's where it all went wrong, Elsie heart rate dropped really quickly, next thing I was being rushed to theatre for an emergency c section, they couldn't do the epidural so they told Tom he had to leave and they put me to sleep..

I found out after that Tom had Elsie in his arms within half an hour, then it took another hour half to bring me round..

After all of that traumatic experience, we were safe and I take my hat off to the midwives..

Apparently the 1st thing I said was where's my baby and the 2nd was.. "at least my flowers in tact".. 

Xxx

• Teri1234 we are 😂😂😂at your 'flowers in tact' What a story! How are you healing? 

• Healing fine, to be honest I've just got on with things..

I managed to do a cut and colour on Friday ( I'm a hairdresser).

Tom has been amazing but it's my first day on my own today as he is back at work xx

• imageOlivia Jae, born 31st July at 12:07 weighing 8lbs 6! I’ve had a nightmare of a time, came in to be induced on Sunday morning at 11am, 3 pessary‘s later and it was looking as if they were going to have to send me home for 24 hr rest and try again as I was only just 1cm dilated. They proceeded and managed to break my waters, which was very painful and very difficult due to my cervix still being far back. This was at 9:30am saturday morning. At 11:30am they put me on the drip, after 12 hours and only getting to 3cm’s and not constant enough contractions they said I had to be taken for an emergency c-section. Once we got into theatre everything was straight forward and I had my baby girl about half an hour later. Felong exhausted and emotional 

• Oh wow, congratulations Emmaa09 - Olivia is beautiful and perfect. So sorry your birth was such an ordeal, but she is here safe and sound - what a gorgeous bundle you have. How are you doing/feeling? It can be very overwhelming post birth, especially after the emergency section. 

• Well done Emma & congrats.

i keep missing announcements, congrats to everyone, pictures of all babies are just amazing to see, we’ve all gone from a LONG cold December waiting for scans & keeping secrets to having beautiful little bundles to show off to the world.

had a potter around a local retail park yesterday & people kept looking into the pram and i felt so so proud.

so happy for everyone, especially those of you who had their rainbow babies.

• That’s highly debatable Mummytolily.  I keep getting told I did well but I just didnt have a choice 

baby weighed 6lb 13 (last scan predicted 7lb 11 already) 

• Thank you Danielle I’m not doing the best, still in hospital and had a really rough night last night, I was supposed to be getting out today but the hospital mistakenly gave me amoxicillin during the section (which I’m allergic to) which caused my temperature to spike during the night and I have to be put on more antibiotics