Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Ellis90 said:
    I’ve been using bio oil since 12 weeks (as recommended) seems to be working well for me ☺️
    My mum got me the cheaper brand which basically same ingredients but still dry xxx
  • If all else fails @Chloe87 why not try E45 that’s a great moisturiser for any thing. With the extra hand washing at the moment I’m having to rely on it to keep my hand from drying out. After 5 years of working at subway and the amount of hand washing I did there as well as dish washing my hand gave up on being soft a long time ago. 

@thinkingpositive1 I see them more as a reminder of what incredible things my body can do. And since I’ve had some on my legs due to gaining and loosing weight over the years I feel there a part of who I am. But I do use the massage bar to help keep everything nice and soft as for previous experience with my son I get itchy a lot during pregnancy due to stretching skin at it help ease that off 
  • 26+3 and I have no rib pain or whatsoever had a bit of pain in lower abdomen more like baby was sitting on the bladder and that's about it. Not looking forward to getting any pain this early
  • Slight abdominal pain, but nothing too harsh! However, going to the toilet literally every 10 minutes 😬 so annoying!!!
  • I’ve been getting Brixton hicks for a week now I’m the evening when I sit down. But that’s normal around this time of pregnancy. I bet the pain that feel like baby’s sitting on my bladder at night when I spoke to the midwife about it she said it’s pelvic gerdal pain 
  • Ellis90 said:
    Slight abdominal pain, but nothing too harsh! However, going to the toilet literally every 10 minutes 😬 so annoying!!!
    I feel you!!! I got exact same problem... I was even talking to midwife about this and she said it's normal because I was worried I might have urine infection. But yeah, when I get out the house then I need toilet like straight away!! Haha.

@MrsP13 I was reading about Braxton hicks but at the moment I cannot feel anything and this is my first baby so I'm not really sure I have them or I might be getting some slight discomfort also as not all women get braxton hicks... Yes my midwife also said about baby sitting on the bladder I can definitely feel this but once she gets comfortable it's a relief !
  • @Chloe87 I've been having the rib pain for almost a month now on and off it's really the worst! So uncomfortable! I try to stretch it out but really nothing works lol. 

I've made myself a homemade lotion consisting of cocoa butter, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and sweet almond oil! Heat the cocoa butter and stir untill melted then mix everything else in and let it set! I love it and have been using it since day 1! No stretch marks as of yet! 
    Oh this sounds interesting where do you pick up all the ingredients I dont have any as of yet but I've just really dried out ! Other half gave  me a good belly message helped a but laying completely flat seems to help the most to some extent .but it's very uncomfortable I have to keep huffing and puffing.
  • So my car got stolen today:( 
  • @Chloe87 that’s sucks. I’m really sorry that’s happens to you. People are over reacting to this situation something crazy. 

So on Monday I had a phone call from the doctors cancelling my b12 injection advising that it’s not considered essential and that b12 supplies in the Monday can last up to 6 months from an injection, so since I had my injection 3 months ago I’m not considered to need another for another month. So I spoke to my midwife today and she wasn’t able to get me my injection despite all ready feeling exhausted from the end of my last injection. But she kindly gave me some iron tablets to try and help. Sucks that I have to go another month before getting my injection and expected to carry on as normal running after my son as well as being pregnant. Such a pain but such is life at the moment 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 that’s sucks. I’m really sorry that’s happens to you. People are over reacting to this situation something crazy. 

So on Monday I had a phone call from the doctors cancelling my b12 injection advising that it’s not considered essential and that b12 supplies in the Monday can last up to 6 months from an injection, so since I had my injection 3 months ago I’m not considered to need another for another month. So I spoke to my midwife today and she wasn’t able to get me my injection despite all ready feeling exhausted from the end of my last injection. But she kindly gave me some iron tablets to try and help. Sucks that I have to go another month before getting my injection and expected to carry on as normal running after my son as well as being pregnant. Such a pain but such is life at the momen
    Oh no that's not good try and take it easy!!! Easier said and done!! After driving about all day and posting all over face book we finally found my car abandoned!! So so relieved I just hope it hasent been used for any crimes or picked up any fines as its untaxed and uninsured and in my name !! (Was parked in my drive off the road) !!!  But I've reported it to the police so hopefully that covers me 
  • @Chloe87 that’s amazing that you were able to find it. Was it in good condition still or had it been burnt? I know a lot of people do that when they steal cars.
    thank you for the kind words. I’m trying my best but it’s going to be a hard month 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 that’s amazing that you were able to find it. Was it in good condition still or had it been burnt? I know a lot of people do that when they steal cars.
    thank you for the kind words. I’m trying my best but it’s going to be a hard month 
    I don't know what they done to it but it wouldn't start,  they'd left loads of empty  alcohol cans and rubbish in it and the windows open luckily still in one piece !!! X
  • @Chloe87 wonder if it ran out of petrol. Kids wanting a joy ride by the sounds of it. But I’m so glad you found it. Some people are so stupid it makes no sense to me. 
    How are you feeling today ? 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 wonder if it ran out of petrol. Kids wanting a joy ride by the sounds of it. But I’m so glad you found it. Some people are so stupid it makes no sense to me. 
    How are you feeling today ? 
    Kids didnt take it hun !! Its was grown and and a woman ! It still had nearly half a tank of petrol when we found it! I think maybe they'd seen the stolen posts that were shared all over facebook maybe I dunno the police called this morning they are glad we found it and to contact them if we have any further trouble!! 
  • @Chloe87 oh my God that's horrible about your car! Glad you found it though and it wasnt too damaged... as for the ingredients on the belly cream, I bought most of them from health food stores or pharmacies. 

@MrsP13 I know stretch marks aren't a bad thing! I've had them on my legs since puberty, and a few on my breasts, if I can avoid getting them on my belly that would be great but I'm sure I'll end up with some and I will be proud of them as it's a reminder of my body growing a little human!! 
    Sorry to hear about your b12 I injection being delayed.. I'm surprised your doctor doesnt find it necessary as you and your body rely on it!! Hopefully you can get by without for the next month! When you take it in pill for does it not do anything ? Or not absorb? 
  • @thinkingpositive1 it’s not smoothing you can get in pill form. The injection is so much quicker to work as it’s straight in to your blood stream. I spoke to my midwife when I checked in at the hospital I want to give birth at and she had a doctor confirm it’s not something they could do at the moment, but on the safe side she gave me some iron tablets to take. I went to the local pharmacy to see if I could get a supplement to help but all the ingredients are all ready in my pregnancy Vitamins so there’s no need to take the extra ones. The doctor was such a nasty woman just so dismissive. She kept repeating to me well you get pregnant when you’re tired anyway. Like I was making it up or something. I am fully aware of the difference between them. I might call the health board again see if it’s possible to get some further guidance and see if they have implemented any further rules in regards to looking at peoples individual circumstances rather than brushing everyone the same. It’s going to be a long month at this rate. I’m all ready exhausted. I napped on the sofa this afternoon when my son was asleep. I never do that normally not even throughout this pregnancy. So something is up. 
    How are you feeling lovely? 
  • @MrsP13 sorry they are not listening to you and your individual needs and as a patient they shouldn't be brushing it off "because your pregnant you're gonna be tired" that's not right.. hopefully you work something out!   I have had iron deficiency for years now and I have to take a b12 tablet and vit C tablet when taking my iron so it absorbs better! I have had to up my dose since being pregnant. 
    Really hope you dont have to go the full month without what you need. 
    I've been doing good thanks, feeling anxious about this coronavirus and giving birth in the hospital but I'm just hoping its calmed down by July! 
    Baby has been kicking and moving around so much more lately which has been amazing to feel!! 
  • Hey lovely ladies! 
    Catching up here! I haven’t had the rib, abdominal pain but having a constant pain on the right side of my back about on the middle. My feet hurt if I am on them too long to the point I need to get off them to get relief! I need to put my jelly supports in any shoe or slipper I wear. No Braxton Hicks yet! No stretch marks yet but I am starting to get that slightly dark line from the pubic area up to belly button. 

Baby is kicking and squirming a little everyday and I love it! I finally got a video of it yesterday after trying for weeks!

So sorry to hear about not being able to get that injection @MrsP13
    Its hard to keep going on and not have any energy! Hope you feel better.

@Chloe87 i can’t believe your car was stolen! So glad you found it somewhat in peace. It’s been suggested to me to use Vit E oil or Shea butter or cocoa butter for stretch marks but I’ve been told there’s no way to really make them not happen. The moisturizing is good for afterwards I’ve heard. But either of those products will be great for moisture!

As for me, I’m spending lots of time with my husband and kitties as we shelter at home and I love it! We have been working in the yard getting our garden ready. Been cooking a lot. Made some fresh almond milk twice this week that was delicious. Then used the pulp to make some dank energy balls with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, oats, 70% dark chocolate chunks, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, local honey, a dash of cinnamon and Himalayan salt! Divine! Yum! Also made some vegan gluten free cacao banana muffins with homemade oat flour and almond meal! My husband is vegan. The cooking has been soothing me during these crazy times. 

We are still getting things together for her room. Need quite a few things still. Got all my invites out for my virtual baby shower/blessing way! Finished my baby registry and have received some gifts from that already, which is so helpful right now!!

Still meditating and praying a lot for all the suffering in the world right now. For those who have lost their lives and for the families who have lost a loved one. This is an unprecedented time to live through. We haven’t had to shelter in our homes ever in our history. Try to stay alert and aware but keep your spirits up mamas! Our babies are coming into a new world!! Hope everyone is doing ok with all this. It’s definitely producing fear and anxiety in people. Sending lots of love to you all 💕❤️💕

• @Mama2be9
    Ooh all your baking/cooking creations sounds lovely I love homemade almond milk! 
    I have also been trying to get baby girls kicking on video but everytime I start to record she stops!! 
    Goodluck with the virtual baby shower hope it goes well. We have pushed the date back of mine and will see how it goes, if we need to cancel we will. It is definitely a difficult time for the world just keeping positive here and hoping for the best.
  • Anyone ever drank red raspberry leaf tea during pregnancy? 
    I had been drinking it for a few years before becoming pregnant, It is full of essential vitamins and minerals. They say it helps tone the uterus and will help with postpartum bleeding... it's not recommended untill later on in pregnancy but I have just started to drink it again lately and really hoping it will benefit me when it comes to delivery and post partum!