Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Charlot-2411 aww that’s a shame. Was she able to do the sweep at all? 
    I think my little miss is the same comfy as is 
    I think she had a little poke about a bit like Tuesday but on Tuesday she removed some of my plug too but not today. 

Another sweep booked for Tuesday and Friday next week then induction the week after which id really like to avoid! Xx 
  • Options
    @Charlot-2411 fingers crossed it doesn’t end up with an induction and baby will make a move soon. 

I said to hubby that I feel that if I did have an induction I would be more prepared for it as if had one on our son, and hopefully it would be quicker as baby will be very much cooked by that point. I’m hopping baby makes her move in the next couple days and I can avoid the stretch all together but really it’s anyone’s guess. My mum thinks she’ll be born tomorrow as it’s the 13th. I was born on Friday the 13th lol 
  • Options
    Well midwife came and said there has been no change in my cervix since Tuesday, then said baby is very happy in there. 
    I’m glad baby is happy 😂😂😂 x

I'm 41 week now tomorrow going to see midwife to get my induction booked. Had excruciating pain all day in my ribs yesterday and felt uncomfortable as I went to see my in laws... and had to change my position all the time due to being uncomfortable lol, also pressure in my pelvis is unreal but no signs of a baby yet 😁 I wonder why these babies are taking so long. I have a feeling I'm going to have unfavourable cervix tomorrow again , no point even trying  to do sweep 🙄
  • Options
    Hi everyone and a huge congratulations to you @thinkingpositive1 - she is gorgeous! What's her name? 
    Also, just to let you all know that we will be creating you a July 2020 Babies thread, so once all the babies have arrived, you'll have a safe place to chat about anything you like over there. 
  • Options
    Chloe87Chloe87 Regular
    edited Jul 13, 2020 2:53PM
    Hey how is everyone doing our social distance camping Weeknd was brilliant had such a lovely time !!! I think baby is starting to move her bums always been to the right of my ribs and now that area is soft and sqyishy and the area that's just below my ribs in the middle that used to be soft and squishy feels hard now like there's a baby butt there !! Still been having very faint niggly period pains on and off and backs hurting a little every now and again I. I have a feeling she isnt going to come on her due date tho she's still really high up 😩 my feet are like big swollen trotters 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 glad you had a great weekend. It’s nice to have some time to relax before baby arrives. 

I’ve got a bump photo shoot booked in for Wednesday looking forward to some lovely photos. It was a last moment thing via a company I follow on Facebook who offered me a free shoot. 

I have no clue what’s going on with this baby today. I’ve had no end of tightenings with backache since 3pm. It’s like she’s stretching as much as she can. 
  • Options
    Morning ladies hope you’re all ok, I’ve had the worst nights sleep after an awful day yesterday! 

I got up yesterday morning and had felt baby move once or twice but it was very very different to normal, gave it a it of time had some breakfast and a coffee and still nothing so rang pinders. Triage nurse was lovely, said I just wanted some advise i had felt baby move but it was very different etc etc she said better to be safe make your way to Pontefract hospital and they can just monitor you at the antenatal day unit. Honestly the worse internaction I’ve had with the midwifery service through this pregnancy. I walked in and the midwife said “seems you all want to come in for reduced movements today doesn’t it”

So I just said I actually called for advise but they told me to come here anyways.

She then put me on the monitor and I said I wasn’t aware they had the day unit here, it would be useful if they still had the birth centre as it’s so much closer for me than pinders. She laughed and said it makes no difference to you as you won’t be giving birth on the midwifery led unit, so asked her why and she said I’m now high risk as this was 3rd episode of “reduced movements” 

So I’ve been in at 28 & 34 weeks at pinders with reduced movement and they have been amazing, each time as soon as they put the monitor on baby is active as anything and almost make you look silly. Then today as I say I more called for advice and they asked me to go. So she basically sat there and told me I can’t have a water birth and I can’t be on the birth centre, then said when you get induced you can’t go home you’ll need to stay in cause I’ve booked you as a high risk induction and just kept repeating the word high risk.

Then asked me if I knew how induction worked, I said no as I’ve not had a baby before she just told me to download a leaflet, she was honestly awful, and I just feel so apprehensive and disheartened now about eventually giving birth and almost like I’m not getting a say in it. I’d never put my unborn baby at risk but i don’t generally believe I’m a high risk pregnancy I’ve had no issues whatsoever through this pregnancy. I know not all birth plans go to plan but I just feel now I’ve had all of my choices and preferences taken away and she was so blunt and impersonal about it

Sorry for the essay! X 

• Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 glad you had a great weekend. It’s nice to have some time to relax before baby arrives. 

I’ve got a bump photo shoot booked in for Wednesday looking forward to some lovely photos. It was a last moment thing via a company I follow on Facebook who offered me a free shoot. 

I have no clue what’s going on with this baby today. I’ve had no end of tightenings with backache since 3pm. It’s like she’s stretching as much as she can. 
    Oh how lovely!! Have you got something to wear ? I'm so pleased we did ours even if my partner's did the second lot it's a nice little keep sake !!
  • Options
    @Charlot-2411 aww lovely that sounds like the worst day ever. Is there someone else you could speak to? Maybe your community midwife could be an advocate for you? 
    I know in my hopsital if you’ve had 3 cases of reduced movements they look at it as consultant lead. But with us both being to close to 41 weeks it’s not surprising that baby’s movements would change and you would call for advice. 
    Sounds like the midwife was having a bad day. 
    If you can’t get hold of y@Chloe87 midwife see if there is another on today and see if you can get a second opinion. 
    I hope baby did start to move on the monitor for you. 

I’ve been concerned for little miss’s movements but she’s been doing ok so am a little less worried. 

@Chloe87 I’m looking forward to them. Hubby’s a really good photographer but we just haven’t got round to doing any photos so at least this way we can have a keep sake hopefully if little miss stays put for another day. 
    I’m just worried (probably for nothing) that the sweep will work in the morning and I going to labour in the studio. It’s in the middle on no where and about 45 mins from my hospital so just a little worried but I’m sure it’ll be fine hopefully 🤞🏼
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Charlot-2411 aww lovely that sounds like the worst day ever. Is there someone else you could speak to? Maybe your community midwife could be an advocate for you? 
    I know in my hopsital if you’ve had 3 cases of reduced movements they look at it as consultant lead. But with us both being to close to 41 weeks it’s not surprising that baby’s movements would change and you would call for advice. 
    Sounds like the midwife was having a bad day. 
    If you can’t get hold of y@Chloe87 midwife see if there is another on today and see if you can get a second opinion. 
    I hope baby did start to move on the monitor for you. 

I’ve been concerned for little miss’s movements but she’s been doing ok so am a little less worried. 

@Chloe87 I’m looking forward to them. Hubby’s a really good photographer but we just haven’t got round to doing any photos so at least this way we can have a keep sake hopefully if little miss stays put for another day. 
    I’m just worried (probably for nothing) that the sweep will work in the morning and I going to labour in the studio. It’s in the middle on no where and about 45 mins from my hospital so just a little worried but I’m sure it’ll be fine hopefully 🤞🏼
    Oh god make sure you take all your belongings with you then 🤣 I got very niggly pain this morning hoping it's something 🤞 
  • Options
    I saw this and thought it was quite funny 

• Options
    Haha that’s really a pretty accurate description haha

this popped up on my Facebook feed the other day and was very appropriate I thought

• Options
    MrsP13 said:
    Haha that’s really a pretty accurate description haha

this popped up on my Facebook feed the other day and was very appropriate I thought

Haha my partner has to put loo roll squares on the toilet seat before he poops every time !! 🤦🤦
  • Options
    Chloe87 said:
    I saw this and thought it was quite funny 

Very funny 😂 xx
  • Options
    @Chloe87 haha 😂 men are strange creatures hehe 
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 haha 😂 men are strange creatures hehe 
    My nanna when we were kids used to do that in public toilets with us so we didn't touch the dirty loo seat !!! 
  • Options
    Today I've been feeling a bit odd I had some cramping this morning in lower abdomen and some niggly pains down my sides this morning it stopped after a few hours I've been feeling the urge to do a number too all day but nothings happening all of a sudden I think I'm guna mess my self then it's just wind I also feel headachy and sick this evening. 

Does this sound like the beginnings of anything or am I reading to much Into it 

• Options
    @Chloe87 it could be. I felt like that for a couple weeks and still waiting 
  • Options
    Chloe87Chloe87 Regular
    edited Jul 14, 2020 5:49PM
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 it could be. I felt like that for a couple weeks and still waiting 
    Can't work out if there's been any drop yet left is yesterday right is end of June 

• Options
    @Chloe87 I can see a little drop but baby does have a little more time to move down. I wouldn’t worry to much on it as my son never dropped even at 40 weeks.