Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Chloe87 said:

Olivia Elsie delivered 9.01 pm emergency c section 7lb 8
    @Chloe87 she’s beautiful! I also had an emergency section and recovery has been really good. I just want to be able to drive again, 2 weeks left to go till I can xx
  • MrsP13 said:
    Morning ladies 
    what a night. 
    I ended up at hospital at 1:30 this morning and our daughter was born at 3:30am weighing in a whopping 8lbs15oz
    i was able to get my natural delivery in the pool and what an amazing achievement it is to think I did it without any pain relief and hardly any gas and air. 
    Unfortunately we did have a heavy blood loss and a second degree tear, and the cord snapped slightly before the placenta was delivered but all in all everything is going amazingly. 

Congratulations shes beautiful xx
  • Mama2be9Mama2be9 Regular
    edited Jul 18, 2020 9:45AM

Please welcome in your hearts our darling - 
    🌿🌻🌿Elowynn Fern Cardeira!!🌿🌻🌿 

She was born at 7:58am Thursday July 16th. She came out weighing 8lbs 2.5oz!!! She's 21 inches long with a head circumference of 14in!! When she came out was placed by my face skin to skin during the rest of the surgery and started licking and trying to nurse my cheek!! She has taken to breastfeeding very well. I’m so proud of her!! We are learning it together. Daddy has been my rock and has become a beautiful and gentle father immediately. She calm down with him and he has been doing all the diapers because I’m still managing walking and getting out of bed, so we have become an even better team then we were before baby. We are working it out and finding our way supporting each other the best we can as new parents!! ❤️

We are in our cocoon, absolutely in love with our precious angel face! We're exhausted and trying to figure this whole thing out but we are beyond grateful that the surgery and after care has been so amazing. We've had round the clock support and it's been so valuable to us!! Noah and baby are sleeping and I had a quick nap earlier so I have just enough energy to let you all know🌸❤️🌸

Congratulations @MrsP13!! She’s beautiful! So glad things picked up after your sweep and you got your water birth!!! ❤️

@Chloe87 congratulations to you as well! Sorry to hear baby turned breech, silly girl!! Do you notice where her head may be flatter from getting molded by wherever it was pressed up against the placenta? My baby has a flat top sort of from where she was wedged against the placenta. It should round out soon!! Your lucky to be able to go home in one day! I’m in the hospital for 3 days recovering but I’m grateful because we are getting so much help, round the clock and are learning so much. With covid and no family around, we will be new parents on our own trying to figure it all out!! Lol!! So glad she took to the boob so well!! 
  • @Mama2be9 aww, she's adorable! Congratulations!! Glad to hear she took right to the boob that's amazing! Glad you are recovering well and getting well taken care of. Enjoy the first few days, time will go by so fast now it's crazy! 
  • @Mama2be9 amazing news congratulations 🥳 baby’s beautiful. 
    thank you I’m glad she’s finally here 
  • Mama2be9Mama2be9 Regular
    edited Jul 19, 2020 5:33AM
    @thinkingpositive1 thanks so much!! How’s the no sleep going!! 🤪

@MrsP13 thank you!! How’s everything going?

• @Mama2be9 learning to cope with getting an hour or so here and there Haha! She has had a few nights where she slept for 4hrs straight! How about you?! When do you get to go home ?
  • @Mama2be9 we were able to leave hospital yesterday so we’re home by 4pm so all in all not to bad. We grabbed some needed sleep and showering. 
    Baby is doubting wonderfully she like @thinkingpositive1 has just been asleep for 4 hours straight so mummy and daddy are grateful for the sleep. After the midwife has been today we’ll be going to pick up our son so he’ll get to finally meet his sister 
  • Mama2be9 said:

Please welcome in your hearts our darling - 
    🌿🌻🌿Elowynn Fern Cardeira!!🌿🌻🌿 

She was born at 7:58am Thursday July 16th. She came out weighing 8lbs 2.5oz!!! She's 21 inches long with a head circumference of 14in!! When she came out was placed by my face skin to skin during the rest of the surgery and started licking and trying to nurse my cheek!! She has taken to breastfeeding very well. I’m so proud of her!! We are learning it together. Daddy has been my rock and has become a beautiful and gentle father immediately. She calm down with him and he has been doing all the diapers because I’m still managing walking and getting out of bed, so we have become an even better team then we were before baby. We are working it out and finding our way supporting each other the best we can as new parents!! ❤️

We are in our cocoon, absolutely in love with our precious angel face! We're exhausted and trying to figure this whole thing out but we are beyond grateful that the surgery and after care has been so amazing. We've had round the clock support and it's been so valuable to us!! Noah and baby are sleeping and I had a quick nap earlier so I have just enough energy to let you all know🌸❤️🌸

Congratulations @MrsP13!! She’s beautiful! So glad things picked up after your sweep and you got your water birth!!! ❤️

@Chloe87 congratulations to you as well! Sorry to hear baby turned breech, silly girl!! Do you notice where her head may be flatter from getting molded by wherever it was pressed up against the placenta? My baby has a flat top sort of from where she was wedged against the placenta. It should round out soon!! Your lucky to be able to go home in one day! I’m in the hospital for 3 days recovering but I’m grateful because we are getting so much help, round the clock and are learning so much. With covid and no family around, we will be new parents on our own trying to figure it all out!! Lol!! So glad she took to the boob so well!

! No haven't noticed any flat spots on her head but she has to go for a scan on her hips on six weeks due to being undiagnosed breech as the like to deliver them before 37 weeks apparently due to the strain on their hips so instead of tucking her legs up under her she lays like a splayed chicken so the need to check for any long term damage I guess I came home last night didn't have a great night she choked on sick and mucus in the Moses basket but we didn't hear hear and she went purple  and it happend again early hours but luckily I heard her terrifying
  • @Chloe87 oh my I bet that was super scary for you. It’s such a scary time when there first born wondering if there ok and then that happens. But good thing is she’s fine. 
    I’m sure the hip scan will go well odd that they didn’t think to scan to confirm baby was breech before delivery 
  • Congratulations @Mama2be9 she is beautiful and I love her name 😍 xx
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 oh my I bet that was super scary for you. It’s such a scary time when there first born wondering if there ok and then that happens. But good thing is she’s fine. 
    I’m sure the hip scan will go well odd that they didn’t think to scan to confirm baby was breech before delivery 
    Well my actual midwife thought she had turned in the end and so did another mid wife came and confirmed with her! Else I would have gone for a scan and have been booked in for the c section before 37 weeks! The midwives at the hospital done think she ever did turn else I would have felt it with he being over 7lbs oh well she's here now and healthy ! Hopefully she won't need anything doing to her hips bless her yes it was very scary last night had my check up call this morning and they said c section babies bringing up mucus is normal as usually it's squeezed out the lungs when the come down the birth canal 
  • @Chloe87 aw, that sounds scary but glad you guys are okay!! Hopefully her hip scan comes back good! I'm sure it will all be fine 😊
  • Chloe87 said:

Olivia Elsie delivered 9.01 pm emergency c section 7lb 8
    @Chloe87 she’s beautiful! I also had an emergency section and recovery has been really good. I just want to be able to drive again, 2 weeks left to go till I can xx
    I wish they'd realised she was breech sooner I'm not too fussed about driving my partner is off then my mum then his mum then he is so should be ok if I desperately need to go any where 
  • I wonder how @Charlot-2411 is getting on not heard from her in a while. How many other ladies are left to deliver now? 
  • AyanaAyana Regular
    edited Jul 20, 2020 4:22AM
    I have birthed this little baby girl naturally and pushed for over 2 hours omg I felt everything as I didn't have painkillers. That was hell!!! She was born at 01:05 on 20.07.20 2 weeks overdue and today at 12pm I meant to have induction and I'm so lucky to have her she is my treasure going home in 3 hours her checks need to be done x
  • @Ayana aww wow congratulations she is is gorgeous and well done mama 💗 
  • @Ayana congratulations! Well done for getting through it naturally I know it is painful but she is so precious, look at her staring at you! How cute! Hopefully all the checks are good and you guys can be home soon. 
  • Congratulations @Ayana what wonderful news. Well done you x
  • Congratulations @Ayana she’s absolutely adorable 🥰 yes, hopefully you’ll be home soon. So pleased you got your natural birth