Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Chloe87 said:
    Chloe87 said:

Olivia Elsie delivered 9.01 pm emergency c section 7lb 8
    @Chloe87 she’s beautiful! I also had an emergency section and recovery has been really good. I just want to be able to drive again, 2 weeks left to go till I can xx
    I wish they'd realised she was breech sooner I'm not too fussed about driving my partner is off then my mum then his mum then he is so should be ok if I desperately need to go any where 
    My little boy was what they called an unstable lie, he was anyway except head down 😢 I went in for my final growth scan at 37+6 on 19th June and the consultant said I wasn’t allowed to come home till he was born, because my placenta was low they didn’t want me to go into spontaneous labor as it could of caused a massive bleed. So Cooper arrived on Fathers Day which was lovely for my Partner, best gift ever he said 😍 xx
  • Congratulations @Ayana she’s beautiful! I love seeing all these beautiful babies 😍 xx
  • Thank you very much girls you are so lovely I'm glad that we had this group it was really great time talking to you all and have support. We got through this😍😍 unbelievable 
  • Blimey, just been catching up on this thread, only to see that, i think, all the babies have arrived  <3<3<3 - we're just waiting on hearing from @Charlot-2411 - does that sound right? 

@Ayana congratulations to you - how are you feeling and does she have a name? 
    @Mama2be9 what an absolutely unique beautiful name - we are thrilled for you. 
    @MrsP13 we are so happy for you and that you got the birth you wanted. Have you named her yet? 
    @Chloe87 congratulations on your beautiful girl Olivia - what a surprise her being breech! 

We would love for you all to come on over to the July 2020 Babies thread blush We can see some of you are already there (thank you!) but we reckon as soon as we hear back from Charlot-2411, we'll close this thread. What a gorgeous bunch a babies - and so many girls! 
  • @DanielleMFM my little girl hasn’t arrived yet, not due until 26th. If she’s late I’m hoping you’ll still let me join the July 2020 babies thread 😂 
  • Oh @Ellis90 for give me - so sorry (adding you to my list now!) Of course you must come over to the Babies thread no matter when baby shows! 
  • @DanielleMFM I’m so glad she finally arrived too. We named her Ella. Apparently it means goddess but we only choose it as we liked the name not it’s meaning. 
    I really hope @Charlot-2411 is ok I know she’s been having a tough time with her induction. But I’m sure she’ll let us know what’s going on as soon as she can xx
  • Ayana said:
    I have birthed this little baby girl naturally and pushed for over 2 hours omg I felt everything as I didn't have painkillers. That was hell!!! She was born at 01:05 on 20.07.20 2 weeks overdue and today at 12pm I meant to have induction and I'm so lucky to have her she is my treasure going home in 3 hours her checks need to be done x
    Congratulations x
  • Hi ladies, thanks for asking! Hope you’re all ok, our gorgeous bubba arrived this morning, despite all the way through I was adamant we was going to have a little boy I was blessed with a gorgeous baby girl, I’ve never known love like it. 

Emilie Grace Howden, 20/07/2020, 11:17 am weighing 7lb 13 oz

induction wasn’t the best but once we got to labour ward when my cervix became favourable after 2 pessaries and a prostatin gel I had my water broken at 7pm on the 19th. The most perfect labour, got to 4cam dilated and the hormone they use as part of induction to bring on contractions just all got too much, so I had an epirdural (best decision ever) managed to get to some rest and was 10cm fully dilated this morning. 

Midwife said I was 2 pushes away from meeting our baby and all
    of a sudden head turned, chin was up and baby was in distress. Rushed to theatre for an emergency forceps delivery. 

My birth plan absolutely went out of the  window but all that mattered was my beautiful baby arrived safely. 

Hope you’re all okay and congratulations on your beautiful babies. 
    Xx
  • @Charlot-2411 congratulations to you all! Glad she arrived safely & wishing you a speedy recovery. Another girl to the gang 💖
  • @Charlot-2411 you e been on my mind all weekend. I’m so glad baby has finally arrived and what a beautiful name and lovely weight. 
    I’m sorry your delivery was not what you wanted it so frustrating when that happens. Epidurals are amazing inventions. I remover my sons I was able to rest to much because of it. 
    I’m so glad to hear that you’re all doing ok. Congratulations cxxx 
  • @Charlot-2411 aww, congratulations!! Been wondering how things were going with you. So glad you have your little princess here with you and you both are doing well.
  • We named her Aaliyah long time ago and stuck with that name. She isnt a very good sleeper but she will get better at it she loves her milk so much and cries when her nappy is we otherwise she loves looking around whilst she is in her cot 😍

• Hi ladies, thanks for asking! Hope you’re all ok, our gorgeous bubba arrived this morning, despite all the way through I was adamant we was going to have a little boy I was blessed with a gorgeous baby girl, I’ve never known love like it. 

Emilie Grace Howden, 20/07/2020, 11:17 am weighing 7lb 13 oz

induction wasn’t the best but once we got to labour ward when my cervix became favourable after 2 pessaries and a prostatin gel I had my water broken at 7pm on the 19th. The most perfect labour, got to 4cam dilated and the hormone they use as part of induction to bring on contractions just all got too much, so I had an epirdural (best decision ever) managed to get to some rest and was 10cm fully dilated this morning. 

Midwife said I was 2 pushes away from meeting our baby and all
    of a sudden head turned, chin was up and baby was in distress. Rushed to theatre for an emergency forceps delivery. 

My birth plan absolutely went out of the  window but all that mattered was my beautiful baby arrived safely. 

Hope you’re all okay and congratulations on your beautiful babies. 
    Xx
    Congratulations !!!! Can't wait for photos x
  • Amazing!!! So many different stories. And all of You ladies are so strong and I'm glad each one of us had their baby safely that's what matters!
    My birth story is interesting too. On Sunday 19.07.20 I went to triage to get checked becos my contractions were 4 to 5 min apart. They told me that morning I'm only 2-3cm dilated. My waters hasnt broken either. So I had sweep from midwife at 7am that day. Then I went home and continued having contractions which only became 3min apart and I managed to stay at home until 7pm during that time I havent slept at all I been up and about in my house as I couldnt sit while contracting. Then my husband took my to birth centre to get checked and midwives said I was 7 to 8cm and no one could believe it they called other midwife to check me to see if they have felt it correctly. They also said my exterior doesnt match my interior as I was not showing any pain or distress! That's my pain threshold ! LOL. Then at 8.15pm i was told I'm going to have baby shortly so I went to one of the rooms and started labouring slowly. I was holding onto the bath most of the times when contractions where strong. Then I was given birth stool to start pushing and it was heck of a pain. Also laboured on all fours which I didnt find comfortable. So in the end of the day I pushed from 10.45pm unil 1.05am when my baby was born I was on the mat laying on my back, cannot describe that pain!! Hubby has cut off the cord. Luckily I didn't have any tears or any other complications! Only sore down below at the moment. Baby has had all her checks done and she is fit and healthy. 
  • @Ayana well done for laboring at home for so long! That was me as well! When I got to the hospital I was 7cm and everyone thought the baby was gonna come quick but she didn't! 
    Glad you had the bath like you wanted, I also tried pushing on all 4 but it wasnt helping me at all so ended up on my back too..
    Glad you and baby are healthy and doing well, she is adorable! 
  • @Ayana well done you. 

I can’t find the page with the labour and delivery stories so I’ll add mine here too. 

So on Friday the 17th I had a sweep booked for 9am. This was my second and was a lot more painful than the one I’d had 2 days before. Good thing was I was 2-3xm dilated and 50% effaced. So things had progressed since the last one. 
    From there I went tondi a good shop and carried on my day as normal at home. It wasn’t till about 8pm that I realised things were on the move. I text hubby, who had taken our son out for a walk and told him that contra were happening, he rushed home got our son bathed and put him to bed. Whilst he did that I could not stay still and found myself tidying up things that I’d put off for a while. 
    I decided to sit in our bed with my hips apart to try and get comfy. By 10pm my contractions were every 10mins lasting a good minute long. I called my mum to let her know as she would need to be in stand by to have our son. 
    I called the birth centre and explained that we had a 30min drive and they advised to wait until they were 5mins apart lasting around 30 seconds. 
    By 12:30  things really picked up I couldn’t even sit on the bed any more and mount I could only get comfy on my knees leaning on the bed. So we called the MLU and they said to come in. 
    Labouring in a car is not the most comfy thing to do at all. 
    Hubby dropped me at the hospital  and the dropped off our son at my mums before coming back. 
    In that time I was checked over and I was 4-5cm. I jumped in the pool and laboured there. From our arrival at 1:15 till 3:25am. at this point thy were unable to get a trace on baby so I was asked to get out and get On the bed. This was not easy I could feel baby’s Head wasn’t far off it felt like walking with a melon between your legs.
    with in 8mins baby was out. I have never felt such an instant relief that from the moment she was born. All that pain and discomfort was just gone. 
    Labouring in the pool was the most amazing thing. I was able to float and move freely without anything weighing me down. I didn’t have any pain relief just some gas and air towards the end. But this helped me space out and focus on pushing when I started to.  
    Things got a bit messy then as I had a 2nd degree tear that needed stitches, I lost a litre of blood, membranes that aero used baby were ragged so they were unsure if anything was left behind and the cord broke a little before the placenta was delivered. So the next 2 hours were spent making sure that I was stitched up and bleeding was slowed and nothing was left behind. But all was good. With in 12 hours we were home. 

I must say that despite how much more traumatic this delivery was I honestly found my sons delivery so just h more traumatic and would take Ella’s over his any day if the week. The biggest surprise is that all in all from the start of me noticing contractions to delivery all in all was only 7 and a half hours. And only 2 of those were the most painful hours. I am so absolutely astonished that I was able to do that and that my body knew what was going on. Im in awe of the whole thing. 
    Good luck to those ladies yet to deliver just remember you’ve got this no matter what happens. 
  • Are we all adding delivery stories here 
  • @Chloe87 there was a thread made but I couldn’t find the link. No harm in you adding it here unless you want to add it directly to the other thread then it would be worth asking @DanielleMFM for the link 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 there was a thread made but I couldn’t find the link. No harm in you adding it here unless you want to add it directly to the other thread then it would be worth asking @DanielleMFM for the link 
    On here is fine x