Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• My birth story 

Well what can I say early Friday morning at 2 am contractions started coming on pretty strong stayed at home for 8 hours labouring before going to hospital.  

Got to QA at around 10 am was checked for dilation and they thought I was around 5 (turns out later I was only 3)

Another 6 hours later (14 labouring hours) Missy still hasent made any appearance and the Gas and Air is doing absolutely nothing! 

I had another internal and it was then picked up I was only 3cm dilated they felt my membrane and Said it was still in tact. The nurse was looking puzzled saying the "head" didn't feel like a head it felt like a bum I explained that she was breech up untill 37 weeks.    I then had to have a  scan to see what she's up to and  find out that she is breech !!! Oh the bloody joy 

I was given the option for a EMCS which I opted for I was exhausted and the pain was unreal I'm not ashamed for taking the easy way out my body had had enough. 

I carried on labouring for a further four hours I asked for pain relief but as I was waiting for my EMCS they didn't want to give me anything as it would make baby drowzy.

Plus baby's heart was now starting to drop and they were getting concerned 

Each time I was told were going an emergency got rushed in to theater first there were three in total ! They did in the end give me some minimal pain relief but the first lot did nothing they also gave me a jab to stop/ slow my contractions which was a god send 

BUT by the time I sat on the operating table waiting for my spinal around 8pm the medication had worn off and the contractions were back !! 
    I sat waiting for the surgeon for a further 40 mins! 

Nearly 18 hours later oflabour  and still only 3 cm dilated I finally have  my emergency c section and our baby girl came into the world !!

I lost more blood than they liked to see and she pooed inside me but apart from that were were both ok !! 

needless to say we both had tears in our eyes when we got to see her she is absolutely gorgeous ❤️ 

Olivia Elsie Youngman Styles

17th July 2020 @ 9.01pm weighing 7lbs 8oz 

• @Chloe87 bloody hell what a pain in the but having to wait for so long just for the surgeon to take there time. I feel for you livelyZ but all in all I’m glad that little miss made her way here and that you are both doing ok. 🥰
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 bloody hell what a pain in the but having to wait for so long just for the surgeon to take there time. I feel for you livelyZ but all in all I’m glad that little miss made her way here and that you are both doing ok. 🥰
    We are doing fab I had my dressing removed today scar looks as good as it can be . She's gained 2 Oz . I had first check up Monday from birth and she lost 5oz (which is normal) but she's gained 2 which there pleased about got a another  weigh in Monday so hopefully she would have gained more ! I'm so in love with her I can't leave her alone x
  • Hey everyone, just checking in on you guys and @Ellis90 hope you are ok. 
    Hope to see you all over on the  July 2020 Babies thread soon. blush 

• @Ellis90 are you the only one left to go ?? Xx
  • @Chloe87 yes I’m the last one standing. Due on Sunday, but haven’t had any signs as of yet! Convinced she won’t make an appearance until next month! Got my midwife on Wednesday, who has offered me a sweep, but think I’m going to wait a little longer to see if anything happens but still in 2 minds about it. 
  • @DanielleMFM yes all good thanks, can’t wait to come over, hopefully not to long to wait 😊
  • @Ellis90 I had two sweeps and the second worked for me. I got to a point where I would take anything to help kick start things. 
    Let us know what you decide. I’m sure baby won’t be much longer xx
  • Ellis90 said:
    @Chloe87 yes I’m the last one standing. Due on Sunday, but haven’t had any signs as of yet! Convinced she won’t make an appearance until next month! Got my midwife on Wednesday, who has offered me a sweep, but think I’m going to wait a little longer to see if anything happens but still in 2 minds about it.
    I
    didn't really have any obvious symptoms tbh I had a little bit of a tummy ache but tbh that's could have been anything at all then bam Friday early hours it started just like that 5 days early 
  • @Chloe87 oh my that sounds so terrifying! Ugh! Glad she’s ok! It’s so hard not knowing what’s happening with them and worrying bc you can’t soothe them. My little girl Elowynn also has to get the ultrasound at 6 weeks to check her hips. She also is splayed our like a chicken! See her legs up while swaddled?! Doesn’t make swaddling very easy! Lol!
    @Nevesmummy thank you!! We love her and her name!! She’s stolen our hearts 💞 

@Ayana congratulations!! How wonderful that you got to birth naturally!! Beautiful!!

Update for me - Had to rush for the hospital last night due to delayed postpartum hemorrhaging because of an infection in my uterus. Running a fever 101-102. On iv antibiotics. Lost 2 liters of blood. Had to go in for a surgery called D and C so they could scrape the rest of the tissue and placenta out of my uterus, entering through my vagina! Ugh! Got a spinal for it. Needed a blood transfusion of 2 units. I guess I lost half my blood bc they said due to my size I probably only have 4 liters! In recovery now. Getting ready to sleep bc I was up all night. Very scary but we are all ok. 😔
  • Mama2be9 said:
    @Chloe87 oh my that sounds so terrifying! Ugh! Glad she’s ok! It’s so hard not knowing what’s happening with them and worrying bc you can’t soothe them. My little girl Elowynn also has to get the ultrasound at 6 weeks to check her hips. She also is splayed our like a chicken! See her legs up while swaddled?! Doesn’t make swaddling very easy! Lol!
    @Nevesmummy thank you!! We love her and her name!! She’s stolen our hearts 💞 

@Ayana congratulations!! How wonderful that you got to birth naturally!! Beautiful!!

Update for me - Had to rush for the hospital last night due to delayed postpartum hemorrhaging because of an infection in my uterus. Running a fever 101-102. On iv antibiotics. Lost 2 liters of blood. Had to go in for a surgery called D and C so they could scrape the rest of the tissue and placenta out of my uterus, entering through my vagina! Ugh! Got a spinal for it. Needed a blood transfusion of 2 units. I guess I lost half my blood bc they said due to my size I probably only have 4 liters! In recovery now. Getting ready to sleep bc I was up all night. Very scary but we are all ok. 😔
    Omg how scary I hope that your okay x
  • @Mama2be9 hope you got some sleep. How scary that must have been for you. Did you take baby in with you? Hope you’re feeling better soon lovely

This almost happens to me. i bled right after birth I lost just over a litre, and they were considering the d&c but they were happy everything came away. 
    Makes you wonder how they delay with things like this years ago. 
  • Hi everyone, just wondering how you are all doing? 
    Checking in on those still waiting and a reminder to come on over to the July 2020 Babies thread.
  • Hey, so I thinks it’s just me left on the group. Was due on Sunday but nothing. Had my 40 week midwife app today, induction has been arranged for next Friday (7th) & I’m praying it doesn’t come to that 🤞🏻🙏🏻 She’s advised loads of sex & spicy food, which I hate - will let you guess which one 😂 

Looking forward to joining you all over in July Babies 👶🏻 It’s nice to get an insight from you all of what’s ahead for me ☺️ 
  • @Ellis90 - i remember having the super late, overdue pregnancy sex, and can safely say it was the worst sex of my life 😂😂😂 Maybe have some chillis on standby 😉
  • Ellis90 said:
    Hey, so I thinks it’s just me left on the group. Was due on Sunday but nothing. Had my 40 week midwife app today, induction has been arranged for next Friday (7th) & I’m praying it doesn’t come to that 🤞🏻🙏🏻 She’s advised loads of sex & spicy food, which I hate - will let you guess which one 😂 

Looking forward to joining you all over in July Babies 👶🏻 It’s nice to get an insight from you all of what’s ahead for me ☺️ 
    The night Olivia came early we had I did really long walk in the morning and we had a super sex session that evening !!   ! And the next night I was supposed to be having a super spicy curry ! I wonder if the sex had   any thing to do with it 🤣
  • @DanielleMFM we had sex about 2 weeks ago and afterwards I had bad period style cramps, so I thought I was gona go into labour but nothing, so I agree not very pleasurable 🙄 @Chloe87 been trying to walk most places and get my 10,000 steps a day! We go over the park most nights for a walk so gona keep doing that. Maybe we’ll try again - only for the sake of the baby though 😂😂
  • Hubby and I only found one position that worked and in the last few weeks we’re at it like rabbits but I don’t think it helped. 
    Fingers crossed baby won’t be much longer for you @Ellis90
  • Ellis90 said:
    @DanielleMFM we had sex about 2 weeks ago and afterwards I had bad period style cramps, so I thought I was gona go into labour but nothing, so I agree not very pleasurable 🙄 @Chloe87 been trying to walk most places and get my 10,000 steps a day! We go over the park most nights for a walk so gona keep doing that. Maybe we’ll try again - only for the sake of the baby though 😂😂
    Haha I was doing that trying to get my 10000 a day lolol I side stepped up and down the stairs I I hadent quite got my 10000 lol xxx
  • MrsP13 said:
    Hubby and I only found one position that worked and in the last few weeks we’re at it like rabbits but I don’t think it helped. 
    Fingers crossed baby won’t be much longer for you

@Ellis90Me and partner still had very regular sex all the way through I never lost my sex drive if anything i had a higher drive than him ! Proballly still even now and o can't do anything cuz of my stupid scar and the bleeding 🤦🤣