Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New baby

My son is now 1 month. His due date was 1st August but had a c section on 9th July. We share the same star sign as my birthday was on 6th July.  The birth was great and my c section scar although had infection has healed nicely and I was mobile from day 2. It was harda staying in hospital for 4 day and for my husband not to be allowed to come see us due to covid 19! The only good thing about covid 19 is that he has been working from home which helped me during my pregnancy and now. We are still trying to learn things as we go along as we are first time parents .

One thing I struggled with is breastfeeding and lack of milk supply and son not latching . I felt like failure but have come to realise that so long as he is getting milk by giving formula and giving whatever breastmilk i can and that he his gaining weight and is happy that is all I can do. People make you feel bad for not  BF but it's not easy or comes naturally  to everyone' it certainly didnt for me. I am doing my best and love my son unconditionally. 

Replies

• Options
    It sounds like you’re doing a great job, as long as as baby is getting fed & growing then you are winning! 
    I had the same issue with my daughter, expressed for 6 weeks until my supply dropped. So many woman have the same issues. You’re doing amazing ❤️ Xx 
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words. I Had a small wobble and cry few weeks back as others who have given birth were talking about bf and how much milk they had etc. Made me feel like I was failing. But with support of my husband, mum and mil i know it's ok. I try and BF when I can and give him Express milk when I can which is only around 30 or 40ml.
  • Options
    Any is an absolute bonus, but all our bodies and babies are completely different. You’re little boy is proof of what such a good job you’re doing x 
  • Options
    My lil girl is 3 weeks I'm experiencing similar issue but haven't felt bad about it this happens and its not our fault. My little one simply doesn't get full from breast milk so I give her formula to top her up and she gets tearful whilst on the breast I suppose I just don't have enough milk and lactating supplements doesn't work either so nothing I can do. But she has been gaining weight steadily and she is healthy thats what matters. Don't feel bad about it just smile and enjoy your precious time with your baby 
  • Options
    Thank you it's good to be able to share with people that understand what i am going through. He would he on breast for ages and still be hungry so would top up. 

• Options
    Hi @Kajalm we have a thread full of new mums from July right here - we thought we should let you know as it might be helpful for you - and you're not alone in what you're going through.