Forum home› Birth clubs› Due in July 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Positive test 🤯

Hi Ladies 

New here. 

Feeling shocked at the moment as I thought me and DH were being safe.

Got a Clearblue Digital positive yesterday 1-2 weeks. Which calculated gives me due date 10th July. So very early days.

Here’s the thing 🙈 I’m 40. I have 2 beautiful sons age 14 and 9 so really was not planning another. Really thought my baby days were done.

My DH is over the moon as we had a tough year last year where we separated for couple of months. We went to marriage counselling and we’re now closer than ever but me I feel I’m too old and feel family and friends may judge.

Maybe it’s hormones and I need time to get use to the idea. 

Any positivity is much appreciated right now as I don’t know what to feel.

thanks 

Amanda 

Replies

• Hi congratulations! Me and my partner were adamant we didn’t want kids when we met. I have 2 girls he has 2 boys. And now here we are trying for one of our own, it definitely took me a week or so to get my head around it but it sounds like you will have a lot of good support from your hubby. I’m sure when it sinks in you’ll be fine with it all and actually these days 40 isn’t that old to be having a baby x
  • Thanks for your message. Means a lot.

Yes he’s super excited 😆 we been together 14 years and married 7.

Just with last year the separation (caused by myself as I pushed him away) after losing my dad.

He took us to marriage counselling and we been really close these last few months and worked so hard putting the past behind us and he feels this is a new chapter for us and our boys.

it’s probably just me I over think everything. Once I get use to the idea I think I’ll be excited 😆 

Just the shock I think. The age thing I’ll have to get use too lol though people say I act 30 lol so maybe this little one will make me grow up.

Congratulations on your pregnancy too 🎈
  • Aww how exciting. I'm 41 and 19 weeks pregnant.  We weren't going to have anymore . Our oldest is 22. We only have girls at the moment and this one is a boy. Good luck to you. X
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here.
    Congratulations to you all for your bfp.
    I tested positive, though very faint on three different brands of test since Friday but its there and today is Monday. I went to the doctor's today and he asked that I have a blood test done. Lo and behold the test came negative.
    He was surprised too as I still did a test this morning before I went.
    AF was due yesterday, do I m only one day late.

What may be going on pls?