Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2021

Scan help??

Hello everyone so I had a early scan at 4 weeks 6 days due to pain and shoulder tip pain they see a gestational sac and said it wasn’t ectopic but couldn’t say if it was viable or not, I have another scan tomorrow and I will be 6 weeks and 6 days, what should I expect to see? I have bad anxiety so these 2 weeks have been a killer, is the gestational sac a good sign when I had my last scan? Thankyou 

Replies

• The gestational sack is a good sign, there should be a fetal pole starting to develop now so it's going to be a very small spec depending on the scan type 
  • The gestational sack is a good sign, there should be a fetal pole starting to develop now so it's going to be a very small spec depending on the scan type 
    Thankyou for replying, will i see the heartbeat? I had a scan with my son when I was 6 weeks on the dot and saw the white flicker, think I’m just over thinking it all, had no bleeding so hopefully all is good! 
  • Lauren465 said:
    Hello everyone so I had a early scan at 4 weeks 6 days due to pain and shoulder tip pain they see a gestational sac and said it wasn’t ectopic but couldn’t say if it was viable or not, I have another scan tomorrow and I will be 6 weeks and 6 days, what should I expect to see? I have bad anxiety so these 2 weeks have been a killer, is the gestational sac a good sign when I had my last scan? Thankyou 
    I have my scan next week and will be 6 + 4, I wondered how you got on? 🙂
  • equine_m said:
    Lauren465 said:
    I have my scan next week and will be 6 + 4, I wondered how you got on? 🙂
    Hey hun, congratulations! I had my scan at 6+6 and saw my little bean with a heartbeat, it was abdominal not internal, but expect to be internal just in case! it was so reassuring!! I’m now 8+2, feel free to pm me if you have any questions! X 
  • Hi all! Due 7/27/20. Just had my first scan (7 weeks 4 days) yesterday and all was good. However, I had some spotting in the few days before scan, so doc will do another one in two weeks just to be safe. Anyone else experience light spotting?