Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2016

The Due in June 2016 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Replies

• Laxatives all the way ladies, no pushing on the toilet for a while! 

• I was debating but my husband doesnt want me feeling ill with diarrhea on top of stitches sore boobs lack of sleep and a 17 month old with terrible two syndrome 

• going for a no2 with stitches doesn't hurt as much as you think... 

-try reading something so you don't focus on the pushing... 

- press a pad against the stitches :) 

• I distracted myself with a magazine, deep breathing and thinking if I can push out a baby I can push out a number 2! I was fine but it bloody hurt at first. 

• Iv had stitches with both of mine and had trouble both times this time im a little more butchered than last time when i was cut though and really struggled think its the pain killers if im honest and not eating enough fiber 

• I'm not eating much fibre either. I haven't got time haha. 

I'm also on painkillers for the pain. Does any of you get like shooting pains in your vagina/clitoros part? 

• Getting shooting pains everywhere down there lol i have stitches in my clitorous as well as the perineum though think its normal

• OUCH!

i'm not sure how many stitches I have or where.. I just know they're internal also. Hopefully they'll begin to heal up now and the pain should subside. 

• I hope so for your sake hun its horrible having them im still struggling just hurts to do anything atall at the moment :( 

• I know how you feel NicNac88. Just walking downstairs to the kitchen hurts. I woke up this morning with no pain what so ever and felt "normal" and was cheering inside then I began moving about - up and down the stairs ect and doing housework and there it was the pain. Taken some paractomal and iburofphen. 

midwife has also just been, weighed our little girl. She now weighs 7.5lbs. (birth weight was 6lbs 14oz and she lost a little) she has put 300g on since friday! little fatty! her clothes might fit her now though. & got to take her to the doctors later because she has oral thrush so she will need antibiotics. bless her. 

• Aww poor little thing Wyatt stayed at his birth weight 9lb 8oz at his 5 day check my other son had gained an ounce at his little fatties lol i have yet to wake up feeling normal and no pian been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen every 4 hours since he was born wish i could just sit comfortable at least 

• That is the exact same as me NicNac88 although my stitches are beginning to dissolve. Yippee! 

• Im not sure if mine have or not still feeling alot of tugging down there :( going to get the midwife to check them on monday for me iv not had alot of time to sit and think about them if im honest with my 18 month old and iv had wyatt in hospital then community nurses coming out to him so its been all systems go for us x

• I only knew because I went to the loo and one was on the paper :O

- hope your healing well NicNac88 when midwife checks you x

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• I've just had a phone call about my 6 week check up, all booked in already.. 
    - some complications due to nurse putting my daughter down as a temporary patient under "baby surname" and now she is registered with her dads name there been such a mix up.. grr. 

- Anyways, my stitches look to have almost fully healed and fallen out. Still have pains when going for number two though as think i've got a thing back there (embarrassing) 

• Yeah i have them too had them all the way through pregnancy with both my boys :( not nice are they think mine havent even started to dissolve :( x

• I've realised that I haven't posted my birth story so here it is. Apologies for length - it ended up being quite a long labour!!

I was due on 9 June but contractions didn't start until lunch time on 15 June. They were mild and irregular until evening and I timed them 10pm onwards. By 5am they were quite painful and were happening 3 in 10 mins lasting 50 secs each. Went to hospital but when examined was only 2cm dilated! Was given a sweep and some diahydrocodeine and told to go home and rest. While I was there I could hear a woman who was much further advanced in labour really bellowing and to be honest it terrified me to think how much more painful it was going to get if I was still only at 2cm!

Weng home and took the diahydrocodeine to get some sleep then spent rest of day trying to treat contractions like a really bad period with hot water bottles and paracetamol (plus Tens machine which I found really helped). Around 4pm plug came out and contractions became more intense abs felt more like they were pushing downwards.

went to hospital at 11pm and was really worried that I still perhaps hadn't dilated much. However was pleased to find I was at 7cm! Asked for epidural at this stage as was worried I wouldn't be able to cope with more pain. However there was only 1 anaesthetist on duty who wouldn't be free for 4-5 hours!

My hospital has a midwife led birthing centre (ie has pools, dim lighting, comfy rooMs, aromatherapy) as well as labour ward. I was therefore put in the centre and given morphine and gas and air Instead of epidural. tht morphing kicked in quickly and made things more manageable. Next few hours were quite comfortable and the midwife supportimg me was excellent.

Around 4.30am waters broke but when I was examined a bit of my cervix was still in the way. I was therefore moved to labour ward to be given hormone drip to try to reach full dilation. I was told that if it didn't work I may need a section which I really didn't want especially after having got so far!!

I asked my partner to leave labour room at this point as I had to be given suppositories (midwives thought the fact that my bowel wasnt empty might also be slowing things down) Things got rather messy at this stage as you can imagine'!

Contractions got much stronger due to hormone drip and I started pushing. I was making a lot of noise at this point - noises I didn't even think I could make! Monitor started to show baby's heart rate going haywire and then they lost the heart rate altogether. The medical team were keen for me to get baby out as quickly as possible and put my hand down to my vagina to feel baby's head so I knew how close I was. However despite pushing I just couldn't seem to get the baby out! They therefore cut me and finally baby was out and with a healthy heart rate fortunately. My partner told me it was a little girl (now named Elodie) which was a surprise as we'd had a feeling throughout pregnancy that we were having a boy!

My partner held her and chatted to her while I was stitched which was lovely as he got a chance to bond with her. He told me afterwards that I hadn't taken my glasses off throughout the whole labour - shows how unaware I was of everything but the birth! 

We spent a night on the postnatal ward then went home. The midwives at the hospital were absolutely fantastic - so grateful for their support and care!