Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2017

Due in June 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Welcome Louise and congratz.

Is this your first baby?

• Is anyone else feeling like a boulder this week?? I just feel I can't bend or get out of the bed or the bath ! My abs are doing this cone thing if I engage my core it's just so weird! And I weighed myself and was like oh crap!!!!! 🙈😩

• Lbester i know exactly how you feel and be careful with your cone belly ....the physio gave me different ways if sitting up because its ab separation ..... Not dangerous in itself but will require physio after baby is here. 

But bending to put my socks on is difficult now ....which is really helping me pack for moving house !! Lots of picking stuff up off of the floor 🙈

• Congratulations Louise. Sorry I haven't heard of that. Hope everything is ok.xxx

• Welcome Louise.

I feel like a beached whale. I literally have to call my hubby or one of my girls to help me get out of the bed. My 5 yo says " i dont want to be mean but your tummy looks f-a-t". I said its the baby that is getting fat not mummy! Apart from that still craving cakes and sugar- my sweet tooth is awful. 

Fed up of being big and bulky. Cannot believe how much weight im storing on my back and legs. Bring on D - day i say!!!

Btw baby still lying transverse oblique so head on my hip and butt near my groin. Hope he gets into the right position soon so the threat of a c section dissapears!

• Morning ladies & welcome to Louise 

ugh I feel huge now, it's all becoming a lot more difficult & everyday tasks are becoming a real chore!  

Ill be 32 weeks tomorrow & both my little brother and I were born at 32 weeks so that puts it all into perspective! 

Have a literally crappy week with diarrhoea which isn't pleasant & the appearance of piles! Lovely 😕 

Baby is head down, feet up & I had so much pressure and a few pains down there last night that I thought something may be happening, scary times! x

• Oh I hope it's not an seperation 😖 But if it is yes another thing to sort out lol!!! It's just mad as now I got loads of weight to get off, but everyone keeps saying oh your only bump you've done really well. I'm like I'm huge!!! And have loads of back fat as my boobs are sooooooo heavy and have had a growth spurt! 

Dora I really hope baby loves for you Hun x 

Wishing I keep getting really bad stabbing pains every time baby moves his head as he is right on my pelvis but Im glad atleast he's in the right position but sometime I can't even walk lol x 

• welcome Louise, I haven't heard of that I'm afraid. Hope it's nothing too serious.

spent all of Sunday night in the hospital with contractions, they feared it was preterm labor (I was 30 weeks on Saturday) but they didn't get stronger or closer together and baby was very happy so was sent home Monday morning and told to keep a watch. Continued to have them all through Monday but they've eased off now. The worst bout of braxton hicks ever?! Who knows. Just need this baby to stay put a little longer!

• Welcome Louise! I have heard of that condition and saw an episode of obem with a baby who had op soon after birth. I do hope all goes well.

I feel enormous and ungainly too getting out of bed I feel like a turtle stuck on its back!!! 

Dora my baby is no where near head down either. My babies seem to like freedom of movement in my tummy who wants to be upside down anyways they reckon!! My daughter turned at the very last minute but we still ended up with a section as she never fully engaged. What will be will be in always say. How they arrive is seldom on our terms lol!! 

Laura Louise oh my baby stay put!! Was your bag all packed and ready or a mad dash!? Xx

• imageBump update, only 6 weeks left at work!!

• Laura Louise is everything ok now Hun, sounds terrifying x 

• Looking fab !!!!! 

• Morning ladies. Lbester gorgeous bump.

With my son he was head down and putting extreme pressure down below from around 31/32 weeks. It was awful. We were all convinced he would come early because of that and my mum had all her children between 3-6 weeks early. Alas false hope for me lol. I went overdue. I just hope I dilate this time.

Dora hopefully baby turns. I have heard with subsequent babies they often stay free and continue to move till the last min. Which is very annoying. 

Hard not to think of things though as we are all in the final stretch, the home run. Need to pack my hospital bag soon so it's done. 

Xxx

Xxx

• This might be a silly question but how do you know what position baby is in!? I'm still feeling movement all over - I think I have an octopus!!

• Hi Pe4nut, I only knew because my midwife told me. This time I haven't a clue and I am pretty sure he is all over the place because he is very active too. 

Xxx

• I had a feeling bubs had turned with head down a few weeks ago but the midwife confirmed it 2 weeks ago & showed me that you can actually really feel his feet!! 

Theres no doubting that now as I feel his head burrowing down scarily low! 

I know premature births aren't the norm but both my little brother & I were born at 32 weeks & they do say it can be hereditary which puts me a little on edge just in case! x

• Thanks Janetttea and runner 😘

My midwife felt me and confirmed and I'm solid all down my left which is his bum and back. She felt just above my pubis and literally held two thumbs either side of his head confirmimg he is head down. It's mad now I know when he moves what it is but funnily enough it's his bum and hips that move the most!!!!

• That's exactly the same as mine lbester! I mainly only feel movements in my right side and have done pretty much the whole time!! Do they stay head down when they say engaged or do they move still?? 

I'm constantly on the loo at the moment , I do drink lots of squash, 2litres at work throughout the day and at least 4 pints in the evening cos I suffered with fluid in my arms and they told me the more you drink the more fluid moves! But a lot of the time I go to the loo and hardly any comes out!! But last two days as I finish going I get a strange feeling in my bladder area - not painful but not comfortable and it gives me goose bumps. Any ideas?? I've got midwife Thursday so will ask her but don't know how to describe the feeling!! Maybe water infection??

Have you all started packing hospital bags yet? 

We have all the big bits but need to start getting all the small bits now! 

• Defo sounds like a water infection first and excited! Common in pregnancy also xx

• Thanks for all your messages! I'm doing fine now. Still getting irregular and strong contractions but nothing like Sunday night when we went to the hospital. They checked my cervix which was closed and ran a test for my chances of preterm labor which came back negative so I guess I just have to accept I'm stuck with these pains now until baby arrives!

i hadnt packed a bag yet and it was 2am when we left for the hospital so I didn't take anything with me. In the car on the way there when I really thought it was the real thing, I was deeply regretting not being more organised! So I'm going to get it packed this weekend so I don't have to worry any more!

it was written in my notes from Sunday night that baby was breech, but I also know at some point she was holding baby's head down near my pubic bone so I guess he's still rotating around lots. got told again that I was measuring small, but no one seems concerned? I guess I can't be THAT small.

its all getting so real now! I think the hospital run made it hit home for the husband that this is really happening again and it's happening soon!