Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Firstandexcited, I started mine today. Reakised there is a lot that I don't have. Such a pain. 

LauraLouisandbump that's great news the preterm test came back negative. Yes definitely worth packing your bag asap.

My reflux is so bad tonight.  Very uncomfortable and can't sleep. 

Xxx

• Options

LauraLouiseandBump- really glad it was not the real thing. Lbester love the bump pic. 

Re: hospital bags all packed just need to wash baby clothes once. Also stocked up on water wipes to use in first month until i know what type of skin bubba has- then may use huggies. 

I also have worsening reflux- serves me right for eating spicy food so late. 

Babys position is better now. Still lying across but more comfortable for me as head is lower on my side. 

Has anyone heard about these pads from boots which detect leaking amniotic fluid from Boots for £30 i think for 12?  They can be used from 36 weeks onwards. I may get some....

• Options

Morning ladies and welcome Louise another baby boy to the group 💙

Havent been on for a while so just having a quick catch up sounds like we've all been very busy, hope everyone is well regarding hospital visits etc sounds terrifying! 

I feel like a whale at the moment, socks are a struggle, getting out the bath is also hard work, now I know why they have handles on the sides haha. I went swimming yesterday and was sat in the shallow end with my nephew the 'waves' were going off and it was too busy for me with it being the school holidays, crazy kids everywhere I kept thinking DO NOT touch my bump, so stayed out the way, the waves knocked me over so I'm lay flat on my back and couldn't get up, it was probably hilarious for everyone watching but not so much for me HELPPP!! 

So sperm donor text at 1am the other night/morning threatening me with court, wouldnt mind but hes asked to talk about the baby once, at 11pm a few weeks ago obviously drunk and I was asleep so I told him where to go! He has NO money, and hes just been done drug driving 3 year ban, he's been off work since Jan with depression (amazing how he told me it wasn't a real thing a few years ago when I was struggling with it and he did nothing to help) anyway I went and met him on Monday for an hour... turned into 5 hours. He reckons he's sorry and wants to be involved, obviously still separated but I do want my baby to have a dad wether I can stand him or not. He won't be having it over night for a while though, not sure it's something I'm ever going to want to do. I've done this long on my own I'm kinda getting used to the idea of it being me and baby. can only give him a chance though and I do feel better that hes bothered. 

Hospital bag is on my to do list this week, everyone around me is having early babies, one girl had her baby at 30 weeks only because she had a urine infection undiagnosed which caused her to contract so please please please get it checked if you think you have one. 33 weeks tomorrow ahhhhhh!! And still no name for a boy (girl is sorted but obviously don't know what I'm having) 

off to the dentist now yay (put it off for months I hate it !)

❤️  xxxx

• Options

Yes my friend had her baby at 31 weeks due to a urine infection last year! Terrifies me as I get them quite often compared to most people i think so trying to drink lots of water!

Socks and shoes are a struggle now, worse if the baby is in certain positions i think, like of i feel like he is head down legs up it is much harder to bend but he seems mostly to be sideways as getting kicks/punches in both sides.

We have decided on a name but we not told/tellig anyone even parents but my friend is 15 weeks pregnant and told people if its a boy she is calling it the same thing, i feel like ahe is going to be annoyed as she said it first but we shouldnt lose out on the name we love just because we have chosen not to tell people right? I am hoping hers is a girl to avoid any drama haha!

Xx

• Options

Dora I haven't heard of those pads but I think I'll definitely look into it, they sound like a great idea!

laura sounds like a tough situation with the father. Perhaps he will really step up and change when the baby arrives, a little person can change things so much! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed it all works out for you though. The story of you in the pool made me laugh! I wouldn't get into a swimsuit right now, definitely not ok with the way I look!

the urine infection thing sounds scary, I get them often too and didnt realise they could cause preterm labor. I'll be keeping a closer eye on that from now on.

and Tina i feel for you with the name situation! Friends of mine picked the same name and it was bit tense at first but they came to realise neither was "stealing" it off the other and at the end of the day why can't they just be called the same thing? No name is unique anyway!

• Options

Had a really busy day and should have rung docs but haven't.  Got midwife tomorrow hoping she will be able to tell me what it is, doesn't actually hurt when I'm going it's as soon as flow stops I get this weird sensation in my bladder area. I'm thinking cos it's Easter should I ring the docs first thing?  Seeing midwife at 3 tomorrow or will she be able to do antibiotics or something? 

Laura sounds like a hard hard situation just put yourself first! 

I read about those pads too- Can be worn for 12 hours at a time which makes the cost seem a little better.

• Options

Hello everyone! Had my GTT test last week and 28 week check in 1 day- I complained of a weird pain (not burning) at end of wee so she dipped urine and all clear- pain worsened by evening so rang our maternity triage and had to go in-I had a raging UTI with some serious braxton hicks! Went back following day after passing blood in wee :-O this scared me as midwife said "you will have to come in as it may be a vagina bleed that gets diluted from urine" !!! 1 week of trimethoprim later I'm all sorted but they were concerned about possible pre term labour so spent the second day on monitoring 😣

My baby is transverse lie and has been since at least 20 weeks- it is really sore, my ribs on 1 side where a bum and legs are tucked up are really painful! Midwife keeps saying "plenty of time for it to turn" I've done some exercises off spinning babies website but no joy! Feeling uber fed up :-( 

• Options

Hi All. Just caught up with this thread as I didn't get the messages. Had a 4d scan today but naughty baby wouldn't move hands/knees/feet from his face so I get to go back Tuesday for another one. I have had any GTT tests. In fact, I haven't had bloods drawn since 12 weeks. I'm supposed to be 28+5 today but my scan measured baby and said I'm measuring 30+4 so will speak to midwife Friday. 

I'm struggling to paint my toenails at the mo but other than that I feel great. Little reflux but nothing too serious. 

Heres my little bubba image

• Options

Beautiful picture Emma! X 

Nursey one of my classes says to spend a lot of time on all fours as it encourages the heavy side of baby (their backs) to turn with gravity, laying on your left does the same x 

• Options

Morning all

Laura, I admire you for being so strong and mature.  Sounds like he is very lucky that he has you as the mother of his baby. It's lovely that you are putting your history together behind you so you can move on both being involved in your baby's life.

Yes my friend had her second baby at 29 weeks because of a UTI. She has recently had her third and all was fine this time. 

I am ok except I get really dizzy if I over do it. And my reflux at night is getting worse.

Hope you are all ok.

Xxx

• Options

Thank you, I'm trying! He knows he's on thin ice and although it's only been since monday he's really trying. I dont want my baby not to have a dad so trying to be the bigger person although I'd love to punch him in the throat 😂 Can't even blame hormones I just can't stand him that much. Hopefully all will be well for little one. I'm feeling a lot better about things now he's pulling his finger out!

Emma lovely pic of little one, even if he's being awkward, We went for a 4d scan last night too, baby wasn't playing ball either hands over face constantly, managed to get a few good photos I'm so in love I can't stop looking at it 😍 Everyone keeps asking if I found out the gender. Hell no ive not come this far not knowing to find out at 33 weeks! baby kept chomping on it's little foot, so cute! was amazing, if anyone is thinking of getting one I strongly recomend them. I'm swaying more towards a boy now ... cant wait to kiss them lippies 😙

• Options

Lovely pic Laura. It makes it all seem so  doesn't it?

You should be proud of yourself for being the bigger person even though the idiot is clearly shooting himself in the foot! He's the one missing out, not you or baby!

• Options

So much more real now I know everything's is ok. I'm in such a good mood this morning from the scan, and the fact I only got woken up once and had no heartburn alllll night! Wahoo. Think I'm going to attempt to start my hospital bag today, baby is having a right party so just having a brew and relaxing for a bit first. 

he keeps saying how much he's missed out on and he's gutted it won't have his last name, should have thought about that all them weeks ago. He's had plenty of chances, this is his final one without a doubt xxx

• Options

Lovely pic laura! Just go with what is right for you, if you want to give it another go then do it and if it works out great if not you won't have any what ifs hanging over you. 

Just been to midwife and had blood and nitrates in urine so she said looks like a bladder infection. Because of all the bank holidays I had to drop a sample to the hospital and she said they will contact me hopefully by sat and get some antibiotics if not tuesday! Hoping it doesn't get any worse cos Tuesday is a while away! 

• Options

First and excited I wouldn't be waiting till Saturday or Tuesday! I'd ring 111 and get referred in to your nearest gp drop in centre sometimes these are in local hospitals.  Tell them you've had symptoms for sometime and your midwife confirmed the diagnosis. You need the drugs asap and they will help immediately.  Ensure they know you're pregnant! You really shouldn't have been left so long!! Xx

• Options

Is anyone else really emotional lately? I find myself getting offended by the smallest of things and start crying at the drop of a hat. 

Am also finding things a little bit tricky at the moment. This is my fiancé's 3rd boy (he has two little boys from his previous marriage) and, although I adore the boys as if they were my own (we have them in the week and their mum has them weekends when she fancies as she moved to Wales), I would love some sort of special feeling towards this baby- after all it is my first baby and I just feel a little bit out of everything at the moment- like it's old news to everyone else? Ergh thank goodness for this chat group- it really lifts my spirits seeing all your news and photos! X

• Options

Charli I'm sorry you feel like that. It's not old news but could it be your on the home straight now so a bit of a lull until baby arrives? You know, you've had the sickness, then the bump appearing now it's all about waiting for him to come into the world? From what I've been told that feeling comes when he's put in your arms for the first time. I think it's all a bit surreal for me. This time last year I was getting over a loss and now I'm preparing to be a mother which is something I never thought I wanted but can't wait to meet my chappie now Xx

• Options

Yeh it's the same for me emma! I had a loss last June and it's so surreal that it's actually a reality now! You may be right- I don't feel like I should say  anything because I don't want to look like a misery or a hormonal mess! So hard to know when to bite and not at the moment 😂

Not long to go 😍

• Options

You can be as hormonal or miserable here As you want to be. i think we've got a great bunch in this forum and no one judges you. Come on here for a rant/whinge whenever you need!

• Options

My husband also has two children from a previous relationship, they stay with us Wednesday toll sat so are here all the time. He's mum's not really made me feel special about this baby, She just makes little comments here and there and I let it go straight over my head. The kids and us.are super excited so I couldn't care less if it's old news to her, she does call my baby number 6 (6th grandchild) and it actually makes me want to smack her but I told mum and sisters and they now make a point of saying number one or first nice grandchild etc and I think she finally got the hint!! 

Now I don't know.what to do about antibiotics the midwife didn't seem that worried that I wouldn't get them before saturday?? It's so hard cos you don't want to seem like a drama queen but everything seems to worry me!