Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2017

Due in June 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Dear God help me. Just done a 12 hour shift at work (I'm a nurse so on my feet alot) my baby is transverse and has been for at least the last 10 weeks if not longer- the pain in my ribs is horrendous and I spent the entire journey home crying :,-( I'm 30 weeks today and dreading this last stretch :-(

Got home and my other half has ran a bubble bath and cooked tea ( and fed me paracetamol) but I'm so miserable and and in pain.. tips please!!

• My friend suggested it she has terrible reflux, I've read up on it and everyone swears by it so I'll give it a go. I'll try anything was up all night with it again, does sound like fighting fire with fire I must admit. Apparently it balances the ph.,, hmmmm! Xxx

• Aw zoe that sounds terrible! Can you not cut your hours down? I couldn't cope working, I'm a chef so stood up all day, in heat, running around so I feel your pain. I cut my hours down and then worked front of house for my last few weeks. Take it as easy as you can, plenty of rest! Mega Points for your other half looking after you xxxx

• Nurseyzoe can we husband swap???? Lol

glad im not the only one with leaky boobs I just notice crusty marks in the morning mostly but look at my nippe today and meant I was holding my boob quite tight and a tiny bit came out x 

• No leaky boobs for me yet but I do find that the heartburn is getting worse. Midwife told me to take gaviscon and although it's pretty nasty it does work quicker than my rennie. 

Had a busy weekend so feeling a bit heavy and tired tonight but off to a pub quiz so trying to stay awake! Doesn't sound as bad as your day though Zoe, take it easy tonight  

Have the repeat 4d scan tomorrow and been told to eat something sugery before I go so we can get nicer pics this time. 

• I love a good pub quiz! Good luck (for both winning and staying awake) and let us know how the scan goes tomorrow, I'm jealous you get another one though. theyre absolutely amazing! 

My heart burn has eased massively not sure if it's fluke/mind of matter or actually working xxx

• He is good to be fair.. 

I have cut my hours down so I do 2 long days and 1 short shift a week and I've been A ok up until 3rd trimester then BAM! Baby seems to be completely wedged in my right rib and when it has and stretch it absolutely kills :-( 

I know I keep getting told not to worry and rhat it will probably turn but my heart says it won't haha :,-( bath has eased the pain in back of ribs but my sides feel like they could rip in half :(:( 

• I'm really struggling now too - this last bit is going to be the worst I fear. 

Went into town this morning to do some shopping & finding it really hard to drag myself around ☹️ x

• Laura yoir comment about leaking and being like a cow made me laugh. In my first pregnancy I started leaking at 20 weeks, this pregnancy nothing so far.

Nurseryzoe that sounds so painful. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone has some advice to help.  And your husband sounds amazing, my partner wouldn't ever think to do that lol. He is not the caring TLC type 😣.

I have noticed movements changing too. No huge kicks just lots of little movements.

Hope you've all had a wonderful Easter. I had a huge craving for mcdonalds last night so I had to drive myself there at 10pm oops. 

Xxx

• I've got the leaky boobs, ive got the heartburn, ive got the husband who would never think to run me a nice bath! So nice to have this forum to turn to 😂

Got my sis who is training as a midwife to feel baby's position. She said he was head down but not engaged and the rolling movements im feeling suggest he's still turning lots. I'm getting the same pain I got with my first which seems to be when he's head down and his bum is stuck up under my ribs, i get this terrible stretching sensation to the right between ribs and belly button. its so bad I literally can't do anything except lay down when I get it.

the hip pain sucks. Ill mention it to the mw next time I see her but not hopeful she'll do anything, she writes everything off so quickly without really listening. 

8 and a half weeks left to go and I'm not sure how I'll make it. I just want to go to bed and have someone wake me up when this baby is ready to come out!

• Lauralouise  going to bed and waking up in time for baby to makes its appearance sounds amazing! 

Leaky boobs are gross aren't they.. I find little yellowy blobs round my nip area and just think "that's disgusting"  I forgot all this stuff when we decided "let's have another, that will be magical" 😂😂😂😂

• Pregnancy is very glamourous ive found! 😂 Soooo glad of this forum too. I'm down to 6 week countdown on Thursday, I stupidly looked on my growth chart just to see the estimate on little ones weight if I stayed measuring on the top line and baby stayed put until 40 weeks. Oh only 9lb 2! I'm crapping myself now 😭 I was 9lb 8 when I was born, hope I don't get serious payback xxx

• Hi all, 

no leaky boobs as yet but heart burn on and off. NurseryZoe really sorry to hear about your pain. My bubba was transverse oblique and OMG when he moved or did the splits it felt like my body was going to be stretched wide open. Such a powerful thing that makes you feel like you have been winded!! Anyway he has now moved to a head down position so more comfortable by far. I didn't do anything special just walked as much as I could. Hope your bubba moves soon for you x

• Hi all

No leaky boobs here .... just hip pain, thrush, acid reflux, a dodgy stomach, slight sickness and a very active baby !!

Baby is head down not engaged and I can feel her bum in my ribs when she stretches oucharama !!!! also if I press lightly on her bum I can feel where her head is and that has really freaked me out !!

The acid reflux is making me slightly sick when i burp - anyone recommend anything for this ? Gaviscon just is not cutting the mustard !! I don't have heartburn though !

I feel like a beached whale getting out of bed or rolling over atm esp cos of the ab separation - I have to move in a certain way and its not easy with a watermelon attached to the front of me !

I suppose I shouldn't really moan i've had quite a good pregnancy really !! and people are saying that I have a nice "neat" bump - like they were expecting me to turn into some sort of giant fat jelly woman !

• Thanks Dora, I'm walking lots and lots and been following the techniques on spinning babies website for 2 weeks. Wish me luck ;-) 

Home stretch now ladies.. getting all too real 🙈

• My uncle just came round and laughed at me- apparently I'm putting it away in my face 😳 How rude!!! Haha 😂 Anyone else feeling like a hamster??? 

• i keep saying 'you don't get chins Like these by eating apples' (whilst stuffing my face with cake 😂) definitely put weight on my face without a doubt! 

• Laura I am measuring so big too!! On line for a 9.5 lb baby, I am a very small, slim person (usually) so I am shitting myself. Think I ak going to have to get a 4d scan just so I get a more accurate fetal weight estimate and hope i have lots of fluid!! 

Just wasnt expecting it as people keep telling me and tiny and I havent put weight on apart from bump etc so really wasnt expecting a big baby, especially as both me and my husband and both our siblings were aaround 5.5-6lbs.

Sigh

• Ladies I've had a rash come up all over my bump? Has anyone else had this? Itches a little and looks a lot like heat rash ☹️

• Laura you crack me up!!

i had 32+5 week scan today and baby is 4lb 7 so defo not going to be a small baby 😱 

Jeanetta I just pushed babies bum and felt his head hahahahahaha actually quite interesting

i also have an seperation and am trying to be very careful how I sit up x