Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Not had a rash wishing so I can't help I'm afraid. 

2nd scan was so much clearer!

• Emma D - lovely scan pic Face is so clear. Its such a miracle there is a little person inside of us with their own unique features. 

WIshing- no major itching. Have itched a little to the point of bleeding but in a small area of my tum. Lots of bio oil has helped this calm down. Perhaps ask your midwife for advice if it is bad. 

Shock being back at work tom but soo glad girls at school nursery tom.

Watching One Born at the moment. 32 week Growth scan tomorrow. LBester- im keen so see what weight my bubba is. 

• Wishing30 I have lots of red dots appearing on my bump too & if I let it get dry it's really itchy. I'm just bio oiling as often as I can which helps the itching. Just watching one born not sure if it's a good idea! x

• I have never watched one born every minute and I considered watching it since it will be happening to me soon but decided just to give it a miss and not freak myself out image

• Gorgeous scan photo Emma 

Wishing last pregnancy I had a horrendous itchy rash on my bump which freaked me out because it was so itchy and horrible looking but the midwife told me it was related to my hormones and sure enough it went once my son was born and I wasn't scared which surprised me.

This pregnancy I haven't had anything so far in terms of bump rash.

Seriously hungry tonight.  Not good. Tempted to get up and eat. 

Anyone having severe abdominal pain which they think is linked to their digestive system? Or their belly button feel like it might tear open and hurts?

Xxx

• Haven't been able to stop eating sweets the last few days, I think I must've put on at least half a stone over Easter! And husband got home tonight and simply said "you look huge today". Thanks! Not what you want to say to a pregnant lady! Last night he was complaining of lower back pain due to too many long runs over the weekend, and when I laughed and was like, "you're in pain, really?!" he actually got mad at me and told me it wasnt a competition! No, it isn't, but I can guarantee whatever you're feeling, I've got it ten times worse!

my bump gets red and itchy sometimes but always clear up by itself quite quickly. I use bio oil religiously too which I think helps.

watched one born every minute tonight, gets me so excited! Annoys me too though that they never explain why half the women are having elective ceasareans (must be a reason) or that loads of the women have clearly had epidurals but they fail to mention that!

• I was talking to my MW last week about one born every minute as I thought I'd watch it for research but she said only about 1/10th of it is true, the rest is edited for tv. Quite glad as I scared myself. She also pointed out that you wouldn't wait around for hours for something to happen and they all seem to have epidurells or c sections. I'd prefer to have neither if I'm honest! My sister reminded me that in between contractions is pain free so focus on that positive and to stay upright for as long as I can. 

• No pain near belly button. Just feeling hungry and gobbled up a cheese sandwich and lindt easter bunny. Now got heartburn and baby kicking so cant nod off.... very annoying. 

• Thanks Ladies, I looked it up & it seems to be called PUUPS or PEP. I put a cold compress on it last night & that helped. I have been using bio oil everyday so it has surprised me but I will continue to do so.

interestingy Runner it says that if you had it during your first pregnancy you're unlikely to get it again.

33 weeks today 💙

• Ah wishing I had that in my first pregnancy but it was on my legs, I remember now! I was so freaked out by it but it cleared up within a week or so but I can't remember if the gp gave me anything for it or not.

my sis who is training as a mw gets very annoyed by one born! Says it isn't very real at all and that it's heavily edited. I wish they would show more straightforward births using the pool and stuff but I guess that doesn't make it as interesting. It's true that you're pain free between contractions though so you just have to use that time to recover, rest and ready yourself for the next one!

question to all the mummies who don't know whethee theyre joining team pink or blue...have you been looking at any theories for guesses? Everyone reckons I'm carrying differently this time and that my neat bump must mean it's a girl but I can't see any difference?!

• Everyone watching one born every minute just take it with a prince of salt and you tube some videos I watched some really interesting home waterbirths 

also I found bio oil really itchy anyway so I use "kokoso baby" it's a coconut oil for mum and baby and it is amazing!!!! I only have to use it once a day that's how hydrating it is and it's all organic so much so you can eat it, not that I have

also thiughts on swaddling I've gone out and bought loads but the midwife at the hospital said no no no it doesn't let their heat regulate and is linked to sids!!!!

• I have got acouple of gro snugs, they kind of like lightweight sleeping bags but the arms can be closed as well to make a kind of swaddle, doesnt look quite as tight as a swaddle though so dont know if it will do the trick, easy to get them in and out of though wothout disturbing and comes with like a temp chart thing to tell you what clothes to put underneath depending on the temp of your room which I found quite handy. 

I only have 2 though I probably need more unless I want to wash every day lol x

• I wasn't going to get a gro bag but my friend uses them for her little one, he wriggles out of blankets very easily and she's loves it, I did see some in ikea yesterday for £12/£15 so half the price of the 'gro' ones 

laura I've done a few of the theory test for baby, it's basically half boy half girl, I'm carrying exactly the same as my sister (she had 3 boys) so I'm convinced it's a boy, but we're about due a girl in my family so who knows ey! Roll in june. 

Happy 33 weeks wishing 👶🏼 It's flying by isn't it!  

I use bio oil and coconut oil (which ever is closest at the time) my bump is silky smooth, still no stretch marks 😮 

Got woken with my dad shouting some foul language right outside my bedroom door, he'd knocked the tin of paint over the carpet (only part the dust sheet wasnt!) gave me a right fright! 😑 

• Hi, just had my 32 week growth scan and she said the fetal weight is 4lb12oz, which shocked me as he was 3lb 4 weeks ago. anywaybshe said it fits in with the weight of my previous kids: 6.6, 7.6,8.13oz. All else is fine which is great. She also re-confirmed it was a boy and showed me his parts. just waiting for the consultant now. Even saw the side of his face which was lovely. Have a great day everyone. I'm back at work when I am done. 

• Hi ladies just been catching up! I thought it had gone quiet then I realised there's a new thread 😂 I love all your 4D scans 😍 How adorable are babies faces! The little button noses and pouty lips are just too much 😍 I'm 30 weeks today yay!! Had a growth scan at 28 weeks and baby was about 2lb 11oz which I was quiet surprised at, I thought she would have been bigger? I have another scan on the 5th of May at 32 weeks so im intrigued to see how much bigger she had got 🙊 

How is everyone anyway? The boredom is starting to slowly kill me now and my maternity leave only started on Monday! My son has been extra hard work too, I think he realises big changes are about to happen! I hope he doesn't become jealous of the new baby. I had a proper good cry to my husband last night, everything just seemed to get on top of me 😭 And I'm so scared of getting post natal depression again 😭 Sorry about the essay! Just needed to let a little bit out instead of keeping it all in 🙈 Hope you are all well ladies! 

oh has anyone heard from Millie? I wonder how her and beautiful little Edith are getting on? Xx

• You guys all getting extra growth scans etc are you paying for these privately? Everyone seems to be having them??

Xx

• I get them because my son was big and I have a high BMI Tina :) it just depends on your circumstances I think xx

• I'm not getting growth scans either which is why I paid for 4d, I know a lot of people that are getting them, ones because of her mum having diabetes (she ended up with pre-e) and another is because she's under consultant (but not sure why). i really want another scan! Dying to meet baby, 6 weeks tomorrow!

demi we're all here for you you're not alone, i had a big cry last night too (was there a full moon I'm usually a hormonal cow I'm like a wolf) I'm frightened of being alone and not coping, the sperm donor says he'll help out but I'm not convinced, only time will tell i suppose! My sister had really bad PND with her first so I think I'm just over worrying, it's understandable really we are about to have babies. Chin up (and the other one in my case) xxxxx

• No growth scans for me either ☹️ Had my 20 week scan (13 weeks ago!!!) and I don't think il see bubs again now until I meet him! 💙

• No growth scans for me either.

Midwife measured me at 27cm fundal height at my 28+3 appointment - she plotted it on a graph and I can see it is just below average.. No idea what for though!! 😂 what does fundal height mean?

Have been looking through the baby clothes and just realised I've bought no newborn sleep suits,.. Most are 0-3. Better get shopping!