Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2018

Due in June 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• I just cant think of anything worse than sitting around waiting for baby to arrive, I'm too used to always being on the go! however going into labour on a visit to a service user could be highly embarrassing! 🙈.

i can't wait for 20 week scan but still 3 weeks to go.

lovrly bump pics x

• Loving all the bump pictures! Xp

• So had our private gender scan yesterday and we are team 💗. We were both shocked as we had convinced ourselves it was a boy. 

The scan was amazing, she had the cord between her legs for ages so we got tonsee her for a long time whilst we waited for her to move x

• How lovely Summer! Lots of team pink in this group 😊

Making me more convinced I'm having a boy ha. X

• Congrats Summer! We thought we we're having a boy too and even started referring to the bump by the name we'd picked. Now my house is flooded in pink 😀

• Awwh congrats Summer30 💕

Hope you ladies are all doing well? Have any of you considered getting a private growth scan as you get further along? I've been looking at them and keep saying its mainly to predict size and weight etc but if I'm completely honest it's because I want to see her again. 

• Ha Schmorgan I would see her every day if I could! I'm due my next scan on the 30th but will probably pay for a private on before she is born again. Unless I gain some more willpower

• Ah another team pink, how lovely Summer! 😊 It’s making me think the same Allybob...almost convinced ours is team blue now(which will make my son ecstatic!)

I’d actually said to my husband(beforethe consultant told me of be having extra growth scans) that I’d like at least one private growth scan later on in pregnancy as I wouldn’t be able to wait to all that time to see him/her!

• So glad it's not just me! OH started reading The Wombles to her last night. Perfecting his bed story technique. 

• How lovely Summer 😊

I’m counting down to the 26th for my scan and trying to find willpower not to spend a fortune on private scans! I had one at 6 weeks but not since. We’ve decided to keep the gender a surprise so can’t use that excuse! (I’m convinced it’s a boy this time!)

• I currently have a low lying placenta which will mean extra scans to keep checking if it's moved - I really want it to move as I want to be able to at least try a natural birth but also want the extra scans 😬 Haha. 

I will certainly pay for at least one more scan at prob 30 weeks otherwise just to keep my excitement building 😊. 

Team yellow still here but I'm jealous of you all being able to buy pretty things x

• Congratulations Summer! So many girls 💓😍

Still in the 'think I'm having a boy club' 💙 ... 3 weeks and 3 days until can find out... not that I'm counting or anything 😅🙈

My job is a very physical one which I'm already getting sore doing some things so I've planned to take 2 weeks maternity before due date, and also 2 weeks holiday before that, so a month in total 😁

Can't resist...

😘

• Have you got a child aged 5-9 years old? If so, we're looking for parents and children to take part in our latest product test for a children's app and personalised book. To find out more, please see this thread. There's a £200 voucher up for grabs too!

• Had a midwife appointment this morning, got to listen to baby heartbeat 😍. They don't usually do it till 24 weeks at my practice but she had a student midwife with her and she wanted to show her, I was more than happy to oblige!  

She said baby was very active and showing 162bpm - that would be a girl according to the old wives tales ... x

• Hi everyone! Today we are asking, are you keeping your baby name a secret from friends and family? (Cause we all know they'll have something to say about it!). Please do come and tell us on this new thread. 

• Lovely bump Rainbows 😊

Allybob it’s lovely to hear the heartbeat. I’d heard about the old wives tale (above or below 140 bpm) my midwife counted in her head and told me 140!!! 🤔 

i also heard if it sounds like a train - a boy, and like galloping horses a girl (I heard a train!) 

• What a lovely bump pic Rainbows 😊 I’m the same and have a very phsical job so am also going to be having 2 weeks annual leave before starting maternity leave 2 weeks before due date! I’m lucky that I only work 2 days a week anyway. My son and I worked out earlier that I have 33 days left at work, scary!! 

How lovely Allybob, nothing beats hearing the heartbeat ☺️

I’d heard the same Rosberry 😂

• 33 days left at work!? I'm so jealous Nora! 

Anymore 20 week scans coming up? 2 weeks today until mine... not that I'm counting 😬 

• I couldn’t believe it when we worked it out! 😳😬 

Mine is also 2 weeks today...I’m so desperate for it to hurry up and get here now. I’ll be 20+6 by then, I think it’s been great having Christmas in between 12 & 20 week scans as as much as it’s dragging now, it seems to have flown by! 

• My scan is tomorrow!!! We find out girl or boy so excited xx