Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2018 - Part 2

1474849505153»

Replies

• Hey Allybob, Nancy has had quite a first week I wouldn't be too concerned she being super sleepy. Her little body is processing the drugs from labour as well as whatever she had in hospital. It is bound to take her a week or two to get into her routine. Being born is a big effort, even naturally delivery babies with no other complications sleep most of time for the first 10-14 days. Enjoy stocking up on some rest for you.

• Congratulations cheekymonkeys she's adorable.  Allybob  Ronnie is 3.2weeks and she still sleeps all day apart from 4am to 6am 😆😆😆

• Hello everyone, 

After a very traumatic labour I‘d like to introduce you to Albie Edward Tipping born at 4:44pm weighing 8lb 5oz. 

Will post labor story wants discharged and back on my feet.

• Congratulations! He’s lovely and so nice to have a boy in the group 🙂. Rest up xx

• And thanks everyone, I think I’m just suffering with a bit of the baby blues these last couple of days, ending up in hospital with Nancy seems to have totally knocked my confidence 😢. 

• Congratulations Tipping, Albie is so beautiful, but we're sorry to hear it was a traumatic birth. Please do come and tell us about it when you get the chance. 

Allybob, we're so sorry to hear you're suffering with the blues - I've been there myself, and know the black cloud can loom. Try and take each day as it comes, we're sure you're doing a brilliant job x

• Congratulations Tipping he is  Gorgeous. Sorry to hear it was all a bit traumatic take care of yourself 😘

Allybob - baby blues are horrid i am going through the same but it is getting better. I wasnt expecting it as didnt feel like this with my first but for me its the traumatic labour that seems to have set it off Xx

• that would make sense nursejo, mine is defo the hospital stay. Luckily our health visitor is someone I have worked with for years and she is coming out tomorrow so I feel confident to speak to her about it.

How are pearl and etty? You have both gone quiet and hope this means you are off enjoying your little ones 🙂

• Etty is great. I had a total meltdown over cracked nipples but on the mend now. Think baby blues are just in the air. 

Glad you’ll have the support of your health visitor. Mine was a bit pants- didn’t suggest anything regarding the cracked nipples and me feeling low despite me mentioning it. Which, as my OH said, was a pretty big thing for me to even admit to. 

We are off to register her tomorrow, anyone done that yet? 

• It’s a huge thing to admit to, im sorry she wasn’t more supportive, could you go to clinic and ask to see someone else?

nancy has just been registered today - obviously she slept the whole way through and is not bothered in the slightest! Ha. 

I have the midwife and health visitor coming tomorrow and a list of questions that could fill and a4 sheet 😂🙈. 

Jackie - I know it was the other thread you responded on, but your perfectly right I think it’s my anxiety that is affecting my appetite too. 

• We registered Rosie last Friday and she slept through the whole thing too lol, totally unaware of the importance

My health visitor wasn't much help really, Rosie had literally just finished her bottle as they arrived and she suggested she should feed on demand as she was grumbling but she was grumbling due to being undressed to go on the scales, another bottle she would have vomited everywhere, my daughter has no off switch were food is concerned just like her mummy lol

Definitely a lot of baby blues in the air also seems to be a lot of difficult labours and after birth issues which mixed with hormones is making things difficult, I am seeing my doctor on Thursday that treated me a few years ago for depression and I will mention to her that I am struggling a bit adjusting to the traumatic birth and things not going as I wanted

Daddys just left for work so I am flying solo until 7am, although I do have a very helpful 9 year old son

• I am just so glad I found this group as I think without you guys telling me how normal things are id of driven myself mad by now. 

good luck nursejo! Although I’m sure you don’t need it, I’m dreading the oh going back to work and it’s still 2 weeks away, we are very lucky that he can work from home if I’m still feeling like this. 

Our midwife said to me on the last visit ‘only you know your baby’ I was thinking do I? She’s 5 days old and I’ve spent 3 of them in hospital!! 

• We do get subjected to some bloody useless comments don’t we? 🤣 

Good luck tonight Nursejo! 

• Thanks ladies - so far so good xx

• Hey everyone, we're looking to close this thread as we reckon it's getting a bit confusing with the two threads at once. Even if you've not had your baby yet (we think there are a few peeps who are still due) please, please do come on over to the June 2018 Babies thread. 

We'll lock this thread today, so hopefully you'll all get the chance to see this post. 

JUNE 2018 BABIES this way....

• Morning all,

Dishcharged from hospital yesterday afternoon after giving birth to Indigo Rosemary at 3.11pm on 24/06/2018. The birth didn’t really go as planned and after a 6.5hr second stage of labour and a failed forcep delivery she was born by emergency c-section. 

The pain Is pretty intense today and I really haven’t had much sleep but was keen to get home yesterday so the OH could help me as being in hospital the night before on my own and not being able to just get up quickly and see to her was hard. 

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

• Congratulations Summer30 so lovely to hear from you and congratulations on your gorgeous Indigo (another amazing name in this birth club!) 
    By the sounds of things, there's been quite a few c-sections in this group, so you're not alone there. 

Please do come over to the JUNE 2018 BABIES thread - we're locking this one now.