Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2020

Replies

• Sorry you ladies are struggling with the nausea and sickness! 

@TryingforNo1 that’s good :-) an ultrasound at 6 weeks is early! We have to wait until 12 weeks here :-( I did ring my gp yes! I now have to wait for the midwife to call me to arrange an appointment. I think the midwife is only in on Monday’s at my surgery so I probably won’t hear until then but my appointment should be when I’m 8/9 weeks 🤞🏻. Felt so weird saying I’m pregnant out loud 😂 
  • Hi @Chellefish minimal brown spotting today and hardly any cramps so looking positive! My cycles have been short so I wonder if my period was about to come just as the egg implanted hence the extra spotting whilst progesterone started to climb 🤷‍♀️

Hows the nausea! Any other symptoms? 
  • @VRob123 that's good it seems to be calming down a little for you :smiley: nausea isn't too bad today unless my coworker makes another really strong coffee and sets me off.  I've lost my appetite a little so its trying to eat little and often, no other symptoms as such yet.   you?
  • @Chellefish only indigestion really, I only get it during pregnancy and only realised yesterday I’ve had indigestion for a few days 🤣. Really hoping my body is getting its act together and full swing for this pregnancy. How far are you? According to App I’m 4 weeks 5 days
  • @VRob123 my app says 4weeks and 5 days too.  
  • @Chellefish if all seems like such a long time away 🙈
  • @VRob123 agree.  We are trying not to tell anyone till our scan it’s so hard. 
  • That’s so lovely you’re the same time @Chellefish and @VRob123
    It does all seem so long away, we’re also trying not to tell anyone until after the scan. So hard not to say anything isn’t it! 
  • @MillP I am sure my DH is going to slip up, I want to tell my closest friends would make social events a bit easier already making an excuse of doing sober October so that they don’t question me when we are out but I know they aren’t going to believe it. 
  • @Chellefish That’s funny, I’ve used exactly the same excuse!! I pre-empt it at the weekend by sharing a picture of a ‘beer’ (non alcoholic) and said ‘making the most of this before going sober for October’ 😂 
    I’m not a big one for social occasions but I do have two parties this month and an overnight work team meeting which usually involves booze! 
  • @MillP @Chellefish I’ve been going to the bar and getting a small soda water with fresh lime - ‘G&T’! 
  • @MillP
    yeah the 6 week scan is to make sure that the pregnancy is in the uterus and not anywhere it shouldn't be and to make sure it is measuring correctly.  6 weeks is the earliest they do it, so will book in for some time after that. Then 10 weeks blood test and 12 weeks scan.  I am trying to come up with excuses as to why i can't drink and stuff as well,  have a family event with mine and my OH's parents on saturday, they will think it is odd if i don't drink. I was going to say it is because I am driving but i like your idea @Chellefish of telling people i'm doing sober October. 
  • How is everyone today? 

Nausea has come back to bite me today, feel so sick even the thought of water makes me gag. I’m also really irritable! Everyone is annoying me 😂 having to try so hard not to snap at my colleagues! Think it’s fair to say the hormones are raging today!! 

Hope everyone’s ok, I wonder if we will get some more lovely ladies joining us soon?! 🤞🏻🙏🏻👶🏼
  • I am good today, peeing a lot (but that’s every day!) I get really bad indigestion at night time. Annoying haha 

Not feeling cranky or irritable today. 
  • I'm like pyscho prego lady atm god knows what's going on with my hormones 😂😱 my poor hubby is getting the brunt of it haha 

Still feel incredibly nauseous but have managed to eat some toast this morning so not super dizzy like I've been all the other days from lack of eating. Othe than this I literally feel no different it's so strange x
  • my gorgeous man just drove to get me ice cream cos that’s all I felt like. He’s a good one 😍
  • @hopingforaboy feel for you with the dizziness but its good you managed to eat some toast.

@tryingforno1 loving that, sounds like you have a keeper.  My Dh is making sure I eat in the evening, I hate milk and he keeps making me a milkshake to get some dairy into me.

I've just been out for lunch with one of my best friends and it was so hard not to tell her, I really wanted to as she could do with some good news but I've promised my hubby that I will wait until we are both ready to share the news.  I am full and feeling sick again thinking I might have eaten too much food.
  • @Chellefish I think so 😍 I will be keeping him haha 
    I am like that too, get excited to eat something then feel full. We are going away with our very best friends for the weekend next weekend. They will know the minute I say no to a drink. So we are planning on telling them next week. She is like my sister and will be excited. 

It’s sad. It’s 849pm here and I am struggling to keep my eyes open haha 
  • @tryingforno1 I am like that most night at the moment so sleepy.  Its 1.53pm here and I could sleep just now lol
  • @Chellefish my last pregnancy with Esmae all I craved was chicken in black bean sauce from our local Chinese. My man tried to cook it for I tried it burst into tears becayse It didn't taste the same so he ate it and went and got me mine from the Chinese at half 9 at night 😂😂 pregnancy shows how good they really are 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions