Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gestational sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat

Today is 6weeks 4days from LMP. I had an IUI done on September 16. Today I had a dating ultrasound where they found a gestational sac and a fetal pole but couldn’t see a heartbeat. The paper the technician had showed CRL (crown rump length) was 0.37cm (3.7mm) and beside it she had written 6weeks 0days. Does that mean that I am not 6 + 4days like I thought? The doctor at my clinic said it’s good that there’s a sac and fetal pole, I’m just worried as I thought there would have been a little heartbeat.

I’m looking for anyone who can share a similar experience. I’ve also attached a picture of my ultrasound in hopes any of you ladies can help ease my mind.

Replies

• Hi there,

just came across your post and thought I’d share a similar experience. I went for a scan at what would have 6+5 and there was only a gestational sac, no pole or heartbeat and they put me back to 5+5. The sac was measuring big to not have anything in it so it was assumed it was non-viable. I went back for a scan the week later and everything was as it should be and they put me to something like 7+3. 

A week makes a massive difference in your first 12 weeks and things can change rapidly so try not to worry; I’m sure it will progress as it should :) 

I’m now 35 weeks on Wednesday x