Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st booking appointment.

Hi mummies to be!! I just wanted to write in here my 1st appointment is this Thursday and Idont know what type of questions to ask the midwife??
This is my first ever pregnancy.
Are there any questions I should ask midwife? 

Replies

• Options
    @PEBBLES25 I am in the same situation, got my first appointment on Wednesday. So nervous about it and not sure what to expect/ask.  First pregnancy at 37 for me.
  • Options
    Don't be nervous. All I know is I'm expecting my bloods and urine sample.. Maybe it's all OK if we don't have any questions?? Idk xx
  • Options
    I don't know if dh is going to be able to come with me to the appointment and I tend to be a bit panicky when I don't know whats going on.  So nervous about this pregnancy and wanting to know all is ok.
  • Options
    Don't be nervous, I'm sure everything is fine... I don't feel pregnant and I don't want to think about anything. The only time we will feel better is when we have our scans!! Xx
  • Options
    yeah, i'm a natural worrier so get caught in my head sometimes which is not good.  we decided we don't want to tell anyone till after the scan at the end of nov so the people on these forums are the only people I can talk to about it other than my hubby and its so hard at times/  Good luck for Thursday let me know how you get on.
  • Options
    Same here.. Good luck let me know:) my friends have found out as I wasn't drinking at a friend's wedding. I'm glad they found out though as I've had to change my wedding from May to March.. So frustrating.