Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Vickyjay1 said:
    @Mumma87 yes they do! 
    He was due june 18th, I had to be induced because he was a little small on the scans, the consultant actually said she expected him to be about 5lb 7 at birth she was bang on! 
    It must of been a very good day on the 30th as I also had a very quick labour 2cm at 4am waters went and had him at 5.50am gas and air, I did however want to use the pool which was actually free at the time but he couldn't hold on 😂🙄 thankfully i didnt tear.
    However we are still in due to testing him for an infection (came back clear on 2 blood test) but hes a little jaundice so just treating that now and hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday is the day we can go home! 

@georgiatim thinking of you! I hope your next and not waiting around to long in this heat :(
    Yes hes small but so strong! I just cant put him down hes amazing and such a good boy.
    @Ac2984 @AmyLS
    Thank you hope your not waiting to long💕

We called him Emrys Spencer 💙
    Sending luck and well wishes xo
    Aww yeah we must have had babies ready to come. Lol.. Glad he is okay. And your okay. Congratulations hun... Emrys is gorgeous name I love it! Libbie didn't want to wait neither.. Xxx
  • Hey! Hope everyone’s okay and anyone with new babies are doing well! 

Still no sign for me 41 weeks today, another failed sweep today. Booked for induction on Sunday! Xx
  • hi georgiatim

is this your second sweep? How are you feeling?? I assume they don’t always work (FTM here) it’s interesting to know as the midwife was talking about what she can offer at 40 weeks and I declined any intervention already as I’m Stubborn.

x
  • I was really lucky i had a sweep with both girls and they both worked first time but i think your body has to be ready to labour and i did take raspberry leaf as well!! I hope it happens soon for you girls im due in 6 days and have felt awful on and off for the last week so hopefully not much longer xx
  • Oh the midwife did give me a list of things you can try to bring on labour naturally. 
    Interesting on the sweep front. 
    I guess babies come when they are good and ready. 

Was raspberry leaf tea palatable?

x
  • @Jetty1989 I took the tea with one of my daughters it wasn’t too bad but I’ve been taking the tablets this time round you can order them from amazon xx
  • Congratulations @Vickyjay1 and @Mumma87 we are so happy for you! @vickjay1 how was your labour and birth? 
  • Yeah I had one at 40 weeks where she couldn’t reach the cervix. And one yesterday which the cervix was further down but still not fully open. Worth a try! Probably wouldn’t bother with a sweep next time, but it’s good to know how things are progressing I guess. X
  • Hi all, went for my scan yesterday and baby is now head down and engaged, so that's good. Now it's just a waiting game, hopefully he'll come soon, he's later than his brother at 39 +1, I'm 39 +3 now. They also booked me an induction date of 19th june if he doesn't arrive before then.
    I asked my midwife about a sweep, as Dr at hospital said I can let her know I can have one now. She said they're not doing them till I'm passed 41 weeks at the moment. 

Hope things progress quickly for you @georgiatim! X
  • I've got the raspberry leaf tea hut I haven't drank any yet and it's maybe not worth it now. I was holding off as baby was breech and not meant to take it.
    I wonder if I should try now as baby is in right position, or is it left too late? 
  • They told me back to back yesterday also. I've heard it's a difficult, longer labour 😩
  • There is a way you can get baby to swivel I can’t remember what it’s called my midwife told me anbout it as she said my little one was back to back something to do with your partner standing behind you putting a scarf around bump and just moving in Dodd’s to side🤷‍♀️ Might be worth reading up xx
  • Hi ladies, I am happy to report that our little one arrived on Wednesday 03/06 at 06:06am at 39 weeks ❤️ Early stage of labour started on Sunday at midnight and I was in established labour at 11pm on Tuesday, it felt like a lifetime! We are so in love with our beautiful baby boy. He is 3,265kg and we had a lovely - almost - water birth experience (final pushes on Dry land). Hypnobirthing has been a great tool to use throughout labour and I managed to stick quite closely to my birth plan while limiting medical interventions as much as possible ☺️ 
    Baby was also back to back in early labour (3cm dilated) and turned by the time I gave birth a few hours later. We just went on walks to keep active and I was lying on my left side when I wasn't as per the midwife recommendation.

I am so happy he came a week early. I did try almost all the tricks in the book to get labour started earlier rather than later as I was fed up with pregnancy already (the last few days are so long!!). I started taking raspberry leaf tea from Week 32 (loose tea + tablets) / eating 6 dates a day from Week 36 / daily walks / bouncing on my ball of the day / Clary sage baths from Week 38 +4 / light touch massages to get oxytocin flowing and focusing on my hypnobirthing techniques to remain calm and positive :)

Hope that helps! 
    You will have your little bundle of joy very soon ❤️
  • Congratulations @Karinenini he is absolutely gorgeous and it sounds like you had an amazing experience with it!! Xx
  • Congratulations @Karinenini he’s gorgeous! Xx
  • Ac2984 said:
    There is a way you can get baby to swivel I can’t remember what it’s called my midwife told me anbout it as she said my little one was back to back something to do with your partner standing behind you putting a scarf around bump and just moving in Dodd’s to side🤷‍♀️ Might be worth reading up xx
    Thanks, I'll have a look up about it! X

Congratulations @Karinenini! He's lovely 😍 x
  • So many babies now!! How exciting. 

I’m so scared to be induced tomorrow, trying to stay calm but I’m a first time mum and don’t know what to expect so I’m pretty terrified, but hopefully won’t be long until I can update you all when he/she is here xx 
  • Congratulations @Karinenini beautiful boy. 

Random question - I take it water births are allowed where you are? I’m in Scotland & they have been stopped due to Covid19. I’m really gutted as this is what I wanted in my birth plan. 
  • @georgiatim I’m sure everything will be fine try not to stress!! Is your other half allowed to go with you or do you have to be on your own till your in active labour? If he isn’t take loads of stuff Toto keep yourself busy make sure you walk round as much as possible it will speed things up xx @MrsMcM we are allowed water births here in Norwich xx
  • Aww @georgiatim, you'll be fine and at least you know you'll meet your baby soon 😊 what time are you going in? 

@mrsmc we're not allowed water births either, I'm in Cumbria