Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• I’m booked for 9am tomorrow, they are doing it as an outpatient so I can go home which will be nice. He is allowed to come in with me for the induction which I was surprised about although obviously happy he can! I think water births are allowed here in derby as long as you have no symptoms, as far as I’m aware.

what a small world @Ac2984 I’m from Beccles originally, moved to derby with my husband 5 years ago. 

Xx
  • @georgiatim how weird my auntie lived in beccles I’m pretty sure that’s where my cousin and her husband still live!! I’ve not heard of an induction like that before how does it work? Xx
  • Congratulations @Karinenini he’s beautiful! 

@georgiatim you’ll have your gorgeous baby in your arms before you know it! 

We are allowed water births here still (West Midlands). I was supposed to have one but obviously Austin didn’t wait for me to get to the hospital 😂 when I did get there they had the pool already run and waiting for me. I did do majority of my labour in the bath at home though, it was when I got out to start heading to the hospital that Austin suddenly decided it was time to appear! 

I can’t wait to hear of more babies arriving 💗💙 

hope you’re all doing ok! The last few weeks can be tough but you’re nearly there now! Xxx
  • Congratulations everyone on all your births ! Hope everyone’s labours went smoothly. ❤️

Water births are allowed in my hospital in London. Only thing not allowed is home births and partners can’t come with you until your in established labour. 

Seeing all these baby’s is so exciting !
  • @Ac2984 how strange, all my family are still there so I go back quite often! 

Basically I go in at 9am, they do all the checks and everything, they are doing the pressery so they will put that in. Il be there for 2-3 hours and then be allowed to go home where hopefully labour will start and I can just stay home until you would usually go to the hospital. If it doesn’t work and doesn’t start off labour then I will need to go back 24 hours later to have my waters broken. They said as I’m low risk and within half n hour of the hospital I can do it that way, I’m not sure if it’s corona related or if they do it like that usually I’m not sure, but I’m glad I can come home. Xx 
  •  @georgiatim what a small world!! Yeah must be more relaxed that way and you can just do things as you please!! Im
    booked for a sweep next Friday and I’ll be 40+2 but I’m really hoping he is here before then I woke up at 4 this morning with period pains and back ache but it’s eased off again it’s been like that for the last 3 days!! I think it’s the just not knowing when he is coming I’ve think I’ve grown quite a lot in the last 2 weeks as well he is going to be massive when he actually arrives lol xx
  • @Ac2984 it’s so hard to know isn’t it! 
    I’ve been having pains on and off for a few weeks now but I’m not dilated at all :( So frustrating, been feeling so sick for the last 3 days too, not sure if that’s just nerves or not. He won’t be long! So exciting xx
  • Good luck today @georgiatim! I really hope the pessary works for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻Xx
  • @georgiatim hope everything goes smoothly and it works bubba will be here before you know it now!!  Xx
  • Thank you @MillP and @Ac2984

been in for about 2 hours now, will keep you updated. 
    They told me once I got here that I wouldn’t be allowed to go home like they said I would, as I’ve had 2 lots of reduced movements in this pregnancy they wanted me to stay in. Which isn’t what I wanted but there we go, got to be safe xx
  • @georgiatim well better to be safe!! your in the best place are they letting your other half stay?? We are here if you need a chat xx
  • He was allowed to stay for a few hours, they let him stay longer than he should of because I got upset that he had to go, so I think they felt sorry for me haha, But he’s got to wait for a phone call either that I’m in labour or that they will be breaking my waters which would be tomorrow and he could come for that. Thank you! Xx 
  • He was allowed to stay for a few hours, they let him stay longer than he should of because I got upset that he had to go, so I think they felt sorry for me haha, But he’s got to wait for a phone call either that I’m in labour or that they will be breaking my waters which would be tomorrow and he could come for that. Thank you! Xx 
    Good luck! I hope everything goes ok x
  • Hope everything goes well @georgiatim and not long till you see your baby now 😊
  • Well try and get as much rest as you can you are going to need all your energy to get little one here xx
  • Although I feel like I’m at a spa at the minute! Lovely relaxing bath. Xx 
  • @georgiatim that looks lush😍 enjoy!  Xx
  • That looks lovely for a hospital bath! 😍
  • Hope your doing ok @georgiatim x
  • @DanielleMFM thank you! 
    It took 2 days for the induction process to work but as soon as I hit 2cm they broke my waters at 4am and at 550am Emrys was born! 3 pushes and some gas so I cant complain lol! 
    @georgiatim hope things are working for you and baby makes an appearance soon, good luck thinking of you!
    Xx