Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• She’s here!
    And currently nameless! 
    6lbs 9.
     8:03 this morning, after being induced at 10:30 yesterday morning. She came shooting out (quite literally) dad almost missed it. But everything’s fine! Weve just had the 6 hour checks and she’s doing well, so hopefully can go home soon  xx 
  • She’s here!
    And currently nameless! 
    6lbs 9.
     8:03 this morning, after being induced at 10:30 yesterday morning. She came shooting out (quite literally) dad almost missed it. But everything’s fine! Weve just had the 6 hour checks and she’s doing well, so hopefully can go home soon  xx 
    Congratulations hun... X
  • @georgiatim congratulations! She’s beautiful. X
  • Aww congratulations @georgiatim! So glad she's made an appearance now 😊

How many of us are still to have babies? My due date is tomorrow, really hoping he comes then! 
  • Congratulations ladies all with your babies!!! There all gorgeous! 

The waiting game continues for the rest of us. 
    x
  • When u due jetty? Xx
  • Congratulations @georgiatim She is gorgeous, that was nice and quick and what a lovely size!! I’m still waiting @AmyLS I’m due Wednesday feeling extremely uncomfortable now had period pains on and off since Friday worse today I’m hoping he comes soon! But I’m booked for a sweep Friday hopping that I won’t need it xx
  • I’m due next Thursday 18th. Hoping she waits till then as home births in my area are due to be reinstated on Monday and given the hospital situation I’d really rather home x
  • @Jetty1989 we have the same due date 😘 have you had any symptoms yet? Can’t wait so excited ! X
  • Oooo that is exiting!!!! Nothing yet. Although being a FTM I’m not sure I would notice unless they are propper ovbious symptoms. How about you?? 

How have you all been dealing with the hospital restrictions? 
    x
  • @georgiatim congratulations!! Xx
  • Hi everyone, massive congratulations to those who have had their healthy, gorgeous babies.
    It's my birthday tomorrow and my baby girl is due 16th, I have been having lots of period pains last couple of days and I did think at one point she might come a week early to give me the best birthday presant. 
    I'm definitely ready now, today was my first day where I felt truly fed up,I don't think that's too bad. 
    I have been having some monitoring lately for reduced movement so under a consultant now. But it all is well, she's a healthy weight at estimated 8lb.
    So exciting now, best of luck to everyone. 
  • @Jetty1989 been having on and off period pains and losing mucus plug. Went hospital 3 days ago for bleeding which scared me it was fresh bright red blood like a period but baby was monitored and all is good turns out it was just the mucus plug and baby pressing down. 

The hospital restrictions are a nightmare I just feel sorry for my husband as this is our first baby and he can’t join me in anything until I am in labour. We have opted for a water birth which we are glad we can still have! How are you getting on?

@Followyourdreams happy birthday ! Hopefully she’s here soon for you ! I’m also getting the period pains I get excited thinking this is it but then nothing haha ! I’m ready for this little one to make an appearance now I’m so fed up with being pregnant and this non stop heartburn ! 

Xx
  • Well it's my due date today. Thought I was going to have him last night as some mucus plug came away, then I started having mild contractions, they have passed and I'm just left with a bit of cramping. Fingers crossed he arrives soon! 
    Hope everyone else's does too. 
    I saw my midwife yesterday and she said she won't see me till I've had the baby now,so looks like I'm not going to be offered a sweep 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @AmyLS surely she would book you in for a sweep and and induction if you need it?? It’s mad how different things are I’m 40 weeks tomorrow I’ve seen my midwife twice the whole time I’m booked in on Friday for a sweep they booked me in then so I could have my midwife but to be honest I’ve 5 different ones so it really wouldn’t of made any difference to me at all who I saw!! I woke up with some period pains and quite a strong cramps but I’ve had these all weekend I would of put money in me having him the weekend I would of been so wrong🤦🏻‍♀️ Fingers crossed for next couple of days xx
  • Hi ladies, haven’t been on here for ages (life has been very busy and was working up up until last week) so I have missed loads!! Congratulations to all who have had their babies. Funny how different the rules are in different parts of the country. I am in Lancashire (just outside of Preston) and I am having a home birth with a pool. I’m due on the 20th and having lots of Braxton Hicks. Baby is 3/5 engaged but no real signs if anything happening as yet!!
  • Lauraj is this your first baby? First home birth?? How are you feeling about it? 
  • Yes it’s my first baby. I’m feeling very relaxed and excited about it. I initially registered for a home birth as a bit of a ‘back up’ but as time has gone on I’ve felt more and more sold on the idea, especially as I have had really good care from my midwife and a nice pregnancy. 

Are you hoping for a home birth too? 
  • Yeah I originally wanted a home birth with my first pregnancy and after that Pregnancy failing my husband was anal about this one and wanted a hospital birth incase anything went wrong..... but as the months have gone on from what I’ve read regarding home births it has made me more set on a home birth and it being my decision not his. 
    There seems to be so many benefits for the home births and given the current hospital situations with birth partners o think it would be a really stressful time for me. 

Do you know if your having a boy or girl? 
  • I know @Ac2984, I thought she would book me in for a sweep too, don't think they are wanting to at the moment cause of covid. Think I'll phone up midwife main number on Monday if baby hasn't come by then as long time to wait till next Fri induction date without seeing anyone. 
    I actually went hospital yesterday cause of reduced movement and I wasn't sure if he'd changed position again. Everything went fine and baby still head down, was nice to get a bit of reasurrance again. They also found nitrites in urine, so I've got to take antibiotics. Was strange how that wasn't picked up at midwifes on Monday. Maybe it's to do with some mucus plug coming away.

Home births and water births haven't been allowed in my area, although I think they're just starting to allow home births now.