Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• @Followyourdreams get plenty rest while u can. If you end up on drip they come thick and fast but all worth it as you know the end is near so keep all your energy good luck x 
  • Oh yeah the COVID test really is horrible! 
    Try get some sleep while you can Xx
  • Congratulations ladies, gorgeous babies! 

@Followyourdreams, your baby will be in your arms before you know it! 

Yes I agree, the covid test is horrible! Feels like they’re swabbing you’re brain 😂
  • congratulations @Ac2984, @Cath654 - your babies are gorgeous 😍 and can’t believe you both had such quick labours! 

@Followyourdreams, hope you manage to get a bit of rest before the action starts! Exciting times... I can’t wait for this to be me!! 
  • @Laura_J thank you my previous labours have been 24 hours plus so was surprised my self. 

When are you due ? 
  • Oh wow, big difference then! I’m due tomorrow... ready for her to arrive now! 
  • How you doing @Followyourdreams
    And is everyone else ok? 
    Happy due date for tomorrow @Laura_J
  • @Laura_J any signs of labour starting anytime soon ? Bet you can’t wait till you have her in your arms it’s just amazing My little one was a week old yesterday and it has literally flown over only feels like yesterday I had her 
  • Hi everyone, here she is our little girl  daisy born 19-6-20 at 3.11am weighing 8lb 5oz. 
    Certainly not to plan after my waters broke early hours of Thursday morning I was induced using the gel for 6 hours and then a strong dose of the drip, I had to have an epidural due to the severity of the contractions, after several more hours I was 1cm. Was like a kick in the teeth, baby's heart rate started to dip so emergency c section was necessary. Then she got stuck so it did become very stressful. But she is hear, she is well. I am sore, tired and emotional but wouldn't change it for the world. 
    Good luck wishes to those still to deliver. 
  • Aww @Followyourdreams she’s so cute!!

sorry everything didn’t go to plan, but at least she’s here and healthy! Hope you can get some rest and recover. X
  • Congrats to every one having there little ones.. I. Can't seem to keep up with posts at moment.  They seem to be spiralling. How are All u. New mummys finding everything?,to all yo u still waiting not much. Longer to go now xxx
  • @Followyourdreams congratulations she is beautiful love the name. Sounds like a very tough labour plenty rest now and loads of cuddles from daisy x 
  • Congratulations @Cath654 & @Followyourdreams I’m sorry everything didn’t go to plan but enjoy your beautiful baby girl and get plenty of rest I know easier said than done!!! I finally saw the midwife yesterday and Marley has gone from 7lb 13oz to 8lb 1oz in 6 days which is amazing the sore boobs have been worth it! She said they will probably discharge me on Tuesday hope you are all doing well xx
  • Congratulations @Followyourdreams, sorry to hear things didn’t go to plan but as long as you are both well, that’s the main thing! 

@Cath654 I really can’t.... feels like I’ve been waiting forever! I’ve had very light period type cramps on and off (mainly at night) for the past week or so but other than that no real signs. I’m  having a sweep today though so hoping that helps get things moving! 
  • Daisy and I are off home, we have been passed fit by doctors. I'm sore and tired but so ready to go home and be a family.
    We are mastering the art of breastfeeding but it's tricky after a c section and being on your own due to covid. Although my wife can be with me from 8am to 8pm on the ward. 
    For those still to give birth treasure it, it's something you will never forget. Mine was by far the complete opposite to what I expected, but still has moments that I will cherish.
    Best of luck ladies. 
  • So frustrated, my cervix is closed so she couldn’t do the sweep.

Know it’s only my due date today but I’m starting to get very impatient! Going past due date in virtual lockdown is hard... I’m rubbish at waiting at the best of times! 😔 
  • @laura_j typical ain’t it. That’s how mine started I was booked to get waters broke but they couldn’t do it as it was no where near so was booked back in two days later and they managed to do the sweep on second attempt but was back in next day and she was born that night after a stressful day she went from head down to transverse then breech then back to transverse had to get her turned then waters broke while doctor held her in place 😂 hopefully not much longer for you 
  • Hi everyone! 
    Sorry I haven't been on for a bit. I had my little boy a week ago 💙🥰 he was 4 days overdue 
    Alexander Edward (Alex) 
    Born 18.21 on 13/6/20
    8lb

• Congratulations @Ac2984 @Cath654 and @Followyourdreams on your beautiful babies! 🥰
  • @AmyLS thank you. Alex is beautiful have you found time is flying by my little girl is 9 days and it’s flown over 😭 time needs to slow down 😂