Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• I'm from just outside of Aylesbury in buckinghamshire area.. As, far as I'm aware there isn't any home births or very limited home births, and partners/husbands are allowed for the birth and if all okay with mum and baby your getting discharged straight home once all paperwork done.. That doesn't worry too much as long as my last two babies I went home, same day as, them being born once the paperwork was done. Within couple hours thinking about it.. So would love for that to happen this time too. Even more so with this virus thing as got me worried sick... And I don't want to be going 
    Near  hospital full stop but home birth is NOT an option for me as I'm too high risk 😒 x
  • It must be by area on the whole home birth thing atm. They’ve cancelled them in my area, I’m in the West Midlands. 

I’m more concerned atm about childcare for my son as if we’re under strict measures I won’t be able to have anyone look after him so my husband won’t be able to come with me to the hospital. My closest family member is an hour away so not even like they can just sneak round or anything! 

I’m trying to start mentally preparing for having baby on my own. I pray it won’t come to that but I would rather be mentally ready for it i think 

hope you’re all keeping well xxx
  • @Laura_J  It was on This Morning on itv today. They had someone called Dr Phillipa Kaye on talking about it 
  • I’m in the North West, near Preston. Maybe it’s because we haven’t had as many cases as London and the Midlands etc? But they are definitely going ahead at the moment here as I have a friend who is due to give birth any day at home! 

I also know my birth centre is operating relatively normally (they are just trying to limit partners until established labour but tbh unless you needed to be induced or monitored you probably wouldn’t go in until that stage anyway!?) 
  • Just an update on my previous message - I had a phonecall today from my community midwife about my interest in a home birth. She has confirmed that there are absolutely no plans to stop home births in my area (as they have a number of designated teams who look after these). 

My 31 week check will now be done at home (2 weeks time) but just wanted to flag to everyone that it does seem to be individual to each area so it is worth asking if it is an option for you at this point in your area if you are considering it! 
  • Oh so there’s hope my area may change back.... but failing that I guess there is private midwives for home births 
  • I’m at derby hospital and they have stopped home births, one birthing partner and only partner will be allowed in during established labour xx
  • What are all your opinions on home births??  before corona virus even came along. 
  • Fingers crossed things are relaxed all round by June

@Jetty1989  I honestly wasn’t considering it as an option before coronavirus... always had in my head that I would go to the birth centre (and probably still would if things change). Just want it to be as relaxed as possible! 
  • @Jetty1989
    i did originally consider it, and decided against it because the hospital is the safest place to be. But then obviously worried about the virus and reconsidered it but they have stopped them where I am.

I’ve been to the hospital today with reduced movements and pain, I was there for just over 3 hours and honestly I was so worried about going and I put off calling them for 3 days (bad I know) but it honestly wasn’t scary, didn’t feel like I was at any risk, they are taking extra precautions but they seem to be handling everything really well and while I was there I wasn’t worried about the virus at all.

lucky baby is okay, was monitored and they gave me a scan and everything was fine. Baby was clearly just having a lazy few days.. enough to scare me into going to the hospital cheeky baby. 

Hope your all okay x 
  • Oh gosh @georgiatim how worrying for you but I’m glad to best everything is okay!

Sounds like a naughty baby having a little rest. ❤️
  • How are you all doing ladies?? I hope your all well not long now anyone else think that even with everything that’s going on that it’s going really quickly? Xx
  • @Ac2984 I feel like it’s going sooooo slow ! 31+4 today I think it is because it’s our first baby and so far we feel like this corona has robbed us of our first experience:( we haven’t had a chance to do any antenatal classes our 25 and 31 week appointments have been cancelled, my husband isn’t allowed to anything and now we have been told he has to leave as soon as the baby’s born :( I feel so unprepared and like I do not know what I’m doing! I also got rushed out of my 28 week appointment and still haven’t received my MatB1 form ! Does anyone know how and when I should get this. Hope you are all okay !! Xx
  • Hey! 
    Doing ok over here, 34+3 now. Bit worried today as baby is very quiet. I managed to wake it up earlier by pushing it but it just wiggled and went back to sleep. Not sure whether I should call the hospital or not...hubby reckons it’ll be ok. 

I think time was going really slowly at the start of lockdown but the last week seemed to fly by! 
    I still haven’t packed my hospital bag but I have got my little case out of storage ready to pack...progress 😂

@MrsParaskeva your midwife should give you your matb1, they have to fill part out and stamp it, then you fill a bit in and give it to your employer. I’d call your midwife and request that they do it and post it to you ASAP. They usually do it at the 24/25 week app which if yours was cancelled may explain why it’s been missed. I hope you get it sorted soon!! 

My 34 week app was due for tomorrow but just having a phone call now. I’m booked in to see the midwife at 36+4 next 

hope everyone’s doing ok! Xx
  • I’m doing okay, 34+3 today. Struggling with pgp quite a lot recently so it’s been pretty helpful being off work to be honest. I managed to get my hospital bag packed the other day which is handy. So I’m pretty much ready now. I feel like it’s going so quick!! I’m worried about labour and everything with all the restrictions and my family live over 3 hours away so it’s not going to be what I imagined, but what can you do! 

Hope your all okay and staying safe. Xx 
  • Sorry you’re still suffering with pgp @georgiatim :-( At least you can rest with not being at work. 
    Well done for having everything ready! 
    I get what you mean about it not being as imagined. I’m still quite hopeful some of the measures might start lifting by the time we’re due. It’ll be reviewed in a few weeks and we’ll still have a few weeks to due date so there is a possibility 🤞🏻 My main worry atm is whose going to look after our son if the restrictions stay as they are! 

Since my post an hour ago I’ve managed to wake baby up and it’s now having a really good wiggle! So relieved!! Xx
  • @MillP I’m sorry I realised I didn’t reply to the bit about bubba not moving much. It’s so scary isn’t it, I had this again the other day, but then started moving again. I think the more you worry the more they seem to stay still 😂 

yeah I really hope they start to lift some restrictions by then! 

Is there anyone close by that could look after him? I know your not supposed to, but i wouldn’t want to do it on my own without my husband. 
  • @MillP I've been having this alot!! I'm having regular scans now to check baby due to reduced movements and they have said he is small and hes now fallen below the centile line we was previously following so growth scans for us, I'm currently 31+3 and baby boy is so on and off with movements it's very annoying :( if you feel like you have noticed less/no movement lay on your side for 1-2 hours and if still nothing ring straight away to be safe, my partner is the same he always says 'oh hes fine hes just relaxing' lol X
  • @georgiatim I think you’re right, they’re little monkeys aren’t they! 

ive got a friend whose not far away and is also pregnant so her and her family have been isolating for as long as us so I’d feel comfortable that they’d be ok to have him, I haven’t asked her yet though as holding out to see what happens in 3 weeks time. I think she would be happy to have him but can’t bank on it until I ask! 
  • Vickyjay1 said:
    @MillP I've been having this alot!! I'm having regular scans now to check baby due to reduced movements and they have said he is small and hes now fallen below the centile line we was previously following so growth scans for us, I'm currently 31+3 and baby boy is so on and off with movements it's very annoying :( if you feel like you have noticed less/no movement lay on your side for 1-2 hours and if still nothing ring straight away to be safe, my partner is the same he always says 'oh hes fine hes just relaxing' lol X
    Bless you, must be so worrying! 
    Have they given any indication why they think he’s smaller? It’s good they’re going to keep scanning and keeping an eye on you both though xx

i got baby moving in the end and had a decent amount of movement over an hour so feel reassured that he/she is ok! I wondered whether it’s just because it’s moved position or something. I’m pretty sure it had been lying sideways whereas now I’ve got loads of pressure low down so wondering if it’s gone back to being head down xx