Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2021

Replies

• @bonnie312 how exciting, having the surprise at birth! How far along as you now (apologies I think I missed it last time!)? At the moment I think I'm about 3-4 weeks behind everybody here (I'm due approx 24 June, but will find out for sure on Tuesday)...I'd love it if someone else was in sync with me!!

I definitely have days where I feel more empty than others, and it also depends on whether I'm having a quiet day or my uterus is having a stretch-fest 😂🙈 I'm definitely starting to look bigger though. 

Are you guys taking bump progress photos? I was going to start at 12 weeks then forgot...maybe I'll start next Thursday at 13 weeks and the joyful start of the second trimester!! :) 
  • @ginajolly90 thank you for asking! I would say Living in Germany was amazing! My friend is just about to move there. It has been difficult not knowing when we will get home next. The Singapore borders are firmly closed and you can get out with permission but you may not get back in so cannot risk it with our jobs. Looking forward to the New Year though and keeping everything crossed! We have been lucky as the care here is brilliant. We had three scans before 12 weeks and then it’s every 4 weeks in the second trimester. Insurance doesn’t cover all of them though that’s the only thing. 

@Ashwee2428 no wonder you’re head is all a twirl! I’m so sorry for your loss but so glad baby girl is doing well and is happy and healthy! Can not believe you’re 17 weeks! So exciting! And to think you will feel her soon 🥰

I have started bump photos but think they were mostly bloat. 😂😂 about two days ago the bloat did not go down as much in the morning as it usually does so I think it’s officially a bump 🎉 
  • good morning girls 

i hope you are all keeping well, 

@Elsie1 i know i just keep thinking of twin 2, i can definitely feel her on a night when im laid in bed, just slight flutters at the minute.

my tummy is so small in the morning and then by bed time its huge, must be the food and the bloat. i think she may be another small baby im about the same size as i was with my first at this stage, and im definitely not convinced its a girl, this pregnancy feels exactly the same as my little boy did! will wait till my 20 week scan in jan, to confirm it.
    excuse the messy bed! and the toddler :) 
  • @ginajolly90 i’m 13+6 due 15th june! 

good luck for tomorrow hope all goes well 🤞🏼, who knows you might be more along than you thought! 

i haven’t actually started to take pictures yet but maybe i should good idea! 

aww @Ashwee2428 your little bump! how adorable 🥰 

is anyone else not finding out or are you all? 

xx
  • @Ashwee2428 that’s so lovely!! I’m sure the flutters will turn into kicks soon! What a lovely bump! So interesting that this pregnancy is so similar to your first. My tummy does the same - the difference throughout the day is mad!!

@bonnie312 I would agree with taking pictures! It’s so nice to see the progress in a matter of a few weeks and will be great to look back on I’m sure! They offered us the NIPT test here so we have actually found out the gender but are keeping it top secret for as Long as we can! Hopefully I don’t let it slip at all 😂 I really thought I wouldn’t want to find out but then changed my mind!
  • @Elsie1 what’s a NiPT test? oh god good luck in holding it in!! it’s so hard 😂

Ino that’s what i’m hoping i don’t do change my mind 😂, i just need to get past my 20 week scan end of jan and i’m all good haha! 
  • @bonnie312 it’s a screening test that is done via a blood test. I am not sure if they do it in the UK or not? I had not heard of it before but then I did not know much about anything pregnancy related before - learning so much!!

thats great! My friend has done the same and just warns the doctor at the beginning of each scan not to say anything! It will be the most amazing surprise!! Have you any feelings so far??
  • @Elsie1 they do offer screening here but it doesnt tell you the gender, just tests to see if the baby has Downs, edwards and another one, but i needs to be done in the first trimester, obv i missed this and i have only been tested for downs, but they said the baby looked very healthy! 

@bonnie312 i didn't want to find out but my OH did, so he got his own way, sorta glad we did as we cant decide on a girls name. 

i feel like my rib cage has increased in size and pushed out im normally tiny in the middle then no belly haha its all so strange i keep laughing as when im sat usually your belly fold in the middle but now it folds just under my boobs its so funny!  

both pregnancies are so similar with the symptoms etc, nausea but not actually being sick (my mum was so sick when she carried me but not the boys), the indigestion is a killer was with my first, cant stand anything sweet all i want is crunchie veg and meat haha. the only thing different was I didn't have IB with this one and also my boobs have been so sore from day one. and i haven't bled where as i bled a few times with my boy but that was due to an ectropion i later found out 
  • @Elsie1 sorry for the delayed response, I was so poorly yesterday and feeling very sorry for myself in bed with my sick bucket 😂😭😭 Feeling better today, thank goodness. Your care sounds amazing in Singapore!! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you can see your home family in person. I'm sure we will all appreciate it more after the year we have had! ❤️ Wow, you're so amazing for holding in the gender information for the next 24 weeks!!! Awesome!!! There is no chance I'll be able to keep my mouth shut 😂🙈

@Ashwee2428 you look amazing!! Gorgeous little bump. ❤️ It would be interesting if you get to your anomaly scan and they actually tell you it's a boy! I have nothing to compare this pregnancy to as I've never got this far before....all I can say is if I have another I hope I'm not as poorly as this time round. Not sure how I'd do this and look after another baby/ toddler. You must be a goddess!!! 

@bonnie312 thank you lovely! I'm really hopeful things will be ok, since I'm still not feeling super...but will be amazing to see baby on screen, looking like a human rather than a shrimp 😂😂🙈
  • oh @ginajolly90 im sorry to hear your feeling so poorly! hopefully things will start to ease up for you.

eeee i know im holding off buying anything girlie until its confirmed, you will learn it doesnt matter how tired or poorly you feel you still have to get up and be a mama! the little buggers keep you going. i am worried about how i will cope on little sleep with a new born and keep going with a toddler and keep the house going, as i remember sleeping alot when my son slept when he was little, that part does make me feel a bit nervous! 

everything still doesnt feel really with being pregnant even tho ive seen the little ass kicker it just doesnt feel true until i start feeling movements all the time, i am getting more and more on an evening when im relaxed but nothing concreate yet xx

sending all my love to you girls :) xxx   

• @Elsie1 ah no i’ve not heard of it! yeah i think i’m going to have to do that each time haha! @Ashwee2428 oh bless you doesn’t seem like your having it too easy at the moment! what other children do you have? is this one totally different for you then? yeah i’m going to wait till after 20 weeks to start buying my white stuff haha, i totally understand that’s how it was with my little girl we used to sleep so much in the day when she was a baby but now she won’t sleep for the life of me haha! are you feeling proper movement or is it flutters? i can’t wait to start feeling i don’t feel pregnant at all right now! @ginajolly90 hahaha the little shrimps! hope all goes well today! xxx
  • @Ashwee2428 I'm sure you will absolutely smash it!!

@bonnie312 thank you for your best wishes!!

Well ladies everything was absolutely fine, as you said it would be!! Baby is fine, everything was as good as it could be at this stage, seen all organs, arms and legs etc and baby was doing a bit of performing during the scan too....it was very emotional!

They have brought forward due date by a week and are currently dating me 13w4d...which tbh isn't possible because that would have meant ov on cd3, I think baby is just big. DH is very tall and I thought it might play a part later on but not this early!! I guess we will see how things are going at the anomaly scan, which I now have a date for! 1 Feb, I'm sure it'll fly by!! 

• I forgot to say - due date now June 18th!!
  • aww congratulations @ginajolly90 !! and good luck with your anomaly scan.. this might sound so stupid but what’s that haha? oh your only 3 days behind me then!! yay xxx
  • The 20 week scan, whoop whoop!! I know, we are now closer than I thought @bonnie312!! So exciting. I just feel completely over the moon today, much more so than when I found out I was pregnant. It's like I have let myself finally become excited, like it is happening!! 😍😍
  • aww @ginajolly90 such fab news! 

@bonnie312 i have a little boy who is 3 he was a preemie and had an worrying pregnancy my placenta started failing really early on and i had to be scanned every 2 weeks to make sure he was growing and then he stopped growing at 34 weeks and had to be induced at 36 weeks, after nearly 24 hours of labour he came out breathing but as soon as they cut his cord he went off and had to be resuscitated, he spent 10 days in SCBU and now he is fit and well and you would never know.

this pregnancy is exactly the same at his except i didn't have a IB which i did with him, I've got chronic indigestion, and felt so nauseas thought-out the first tri and sometimes i still do but I was never sick. I'm craving meat and hate anything sugary which is why im swaying more for a boy, 

my movements are just like little pops, nothing frequent yet, just now and again seem to be really high up just below my ribs. i wish they were more frequent so i could stop worrying! im in the limbo stage now where everything seems to have eased but the indigestion, boobs arnt hurting so much and only feeling tiny movements.    

• Hi everyone, amazing news today that partners can now attend all appointments and births 😍
  • @ginajolly90 i think it’s once you’ve seen that little bean on screen everything falls into place! i’m so happy for you!! 

@Ashwee2428 omg that’s horrible bless you!! i’m glad he is all fit and well now though! it’s crazy what they put is through isn’t it poor babies! 

oh ino i hate this stage too just the waiting for the movements not knowing what’s going on i hate it so much, i don’t have any symptoms apart from every now and then i can’t eat anything! 

@DanielleMFM is it confirmed for every hospital?? 
  • @bonnie312 I think it is dependant on trust, but got the official documentation here: https://www.facebook.com/madeformums/posts/10158257963452144
  • You're so right @bonnie312!! It feels so much more real, I'm finally allowing myself to be excited....which means I can enjoy the pregnancy from now on!! I'm excited that we are so close together too 😊😍❤️

@Ashwee2428 that sounds like a truly difficult experience to have, though it is amazing that your son is completely healthy despite all this! ❤️ I really hope you don't suffer the same stress this time around lovely. 

@DanielleMFM I was so excited when I saw the news! Now here's to hoping that the local hospital trust implements this before the next scan on 1st February 🤞🤞