Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2021

Replies

• @bonnie312 & @ginajolly90 i think that is why we have left it a while before trying again im terrified of it going wrong again, my partner lost a son at 1 day old with his ex due to hospital error then that happened to us. i just hope its so different!

my partner came in for my scan the other week but then had to leave whilst they did blood work etc on me i dont understand why partners cannot be their if they live together etc if one has it the likelihood is the other does or a carrier 

im already panicking thinking should i be feeling more movement than i am - should i buy a doppler etc 

• @Ashwee2428 goodness me that is a lot of heartache for two people to go through 😭😭❤️ No wonder you waited a while before deciding to try again.

I totally agree about the household thing! Very strange. I guess at first they just wanted to take all the precautions possible, but now this is being relaxed. Phew! Glad we get to have our partners around, it's special for them to experience too.

Oh bless you, you're at that stage! I can understand the fear but I'm sure everything is fine - and given your size I'm sure you'll start to feel her soon!!! Then you will have the comfort you're looking for. I'm not sure about a Doppler, that might cause more worry if you can't find the heartbeat for some reason. I'd just stick to lots of yoga and meditation (it you have the time) to get through the next couple of weeks before you start feeling those kicks 😍😍
  • Hey ladies, I hope you had a lovely Christmas!! So we’ve got baby girl no2 due on the 8th of June! My partner really wanted a little boy and I had kind have hoped for one too as one of each would have been lovely! But we actually didn’t suffer from gender disappointment which really surprised me tbh😂 I’m nearly 17 weeks and still no movement but I. Have an anterior placenta this time so it doesn’t really suprise me (I felt movement at 15 weeks with my little girl) but I also feel huge this time round, and I love it, I love having a little bump to rub!! But I’m also so shocked I’m this big for only being 16+4! With my little girl I pretty much had a flat tummy until I was about 20 something weeks 🥺 barely anyone even knew I was pregnant!  
  • Welcome @danielle250701 congratulations on baby girl no 2, your bump is lovely!! How old is your first? Is she excited to be a big sister? I do not think I have had any movements yet (Or at least I think it’s all just gas haha) I will be 18 weeks on Wed. 

Happy Christmas to everyone - hope you still managed to have a good day despite all the restrictions! I feel that now Christmas is over, the weeks are going to start flying by! 
  • Oh my goodness @danielle250701 what a beautiful bump! I'm first baby so barely anything happening at 15w4d....in fact, honestly it's hard to know if anything is actually going on! Hoping to hear baby's heartbeat at my midwife appointment on Monday to put my mind at ease! Congratulations on baby girl 2 anyway :) When is your next scan? 

@Elsie1 18 weeks already it is going so fast!! I hope you're right about the weeks flying by, at least until my anomaly scan on 1st February 😂🙈 When is your next scan? I remember you said you have quite a few in Singapore!!
  • Aww @ginajolly90 I know the feeling! Good luck at appointment on Monday I’m sure it’ll put your mind at ease 🥰
    I have a scan next Wed when I will be 19 weeks so I am assuming it’s the big one? But not sure! Will let you know!

Happy New Year to everyone! May it be a very special year indeed xx
  • Oh my goodness that is so exciting @Elsie1 ! Gosh I can't believe there are folk in this group coming up to 20 weeks, the time has absolutely flown by! You already know the sex don't you, but not sharing? I can't wait to hit 20 weeks, know the sex, start feeling pregnancy confident and looking forward to meeting the little dude/ette! 

I've read that the midwives can't always find the heartbeat at 16 weeks but I really hope they do because it will definitely put my mind at ease. Also need to bring up the fact I am desperately tired all the time - it seems so much worse than the first trimester! I am still sleeping terribly through nausea, which seems worse at night, but even when I have a better night of sleep I still wake up exhausted!!
  • Happy New Year Ladies!! sorry i have been so absent we have just been enjoying the 2 weeks as a family! I don't feel very bumpy at the minute just fat, my body seems to have stored everything and its all on my hips and waist.

I'm 20 weeks today still feeling some movements but I feel she keeps moving to my spine as I'm getting really bad back ache now and not so much indigestion and I barely feel her, my son sat on my spin all through my first pregnancy meaning my bump was tiny plus he was small!   
  • Happy New Year @Ashwee2428! 20 weeks that is so exciting - is your next scan coming up soon then? Half way :smiley:

I have noticed an increase in how big I look in the last week (now 16+3) but it does just look like a little pot belly from too much Christmas food! Midwife appointment in an hour, I'll let you know how it goes.
  • @ginajolly90 my next scan is on thursday! and i have to see the midwife also which was meant to be my 16 week appointment haha! 

i dont feel very bumpy more just fat haha its all on the bottom on my tummy :) 
  • @Ashwee2428 oh my days so so exciting!! To both!

Aha mine is exactly the same, I definitely just look like I've let myself go 😂😂🙈 

Midwife went super, heart rate was good and strong, womb exactly where it should be at this point and I couldn't be happier! I almost cried when I heard the heartbeat. Can't believe we are here after all the pain of the last year!! Now roll on the anomaly scan 😂😂😍❤️
  • Thank you girls, so I’ve finally felt movements now! I’m 18weeks tomorrow! And my oldest is 1 this month so they will be close together! She rubs my tummy and says baba tho which is so heartwarming! She’s a little mummy’s girl so I think she may struggle especially when I’m planning to breast feed! I’ve not heard anything about my next scan yet, how are you all doing? Are you all excited? How’s your families? X
  • Oh @ginajolly90 that is so fab! Starting to feel her move a lot more today I think she’s moved again 

@danielle250701 I still don’t quite believe it all, and now another lock down I feel so sad left work yesterday and won’t see them till maybe 2022 now they are like my little family, also having to work from home with a 3 year old isn’t easy! My little boy rubs my tummy, blows raspberries and talks to the baby I jus hope when she comes he doesn’t feel left out and I can manage to spread my time between the both equally xxx
  • @Ashwee2428 that's so exciting! Aaawww your little one sounds like such a sweetie. Because it's my first I don't have that issue but I'm sure you'll manage it and be amazing for both ❤️❤️ I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with the lockdown news, it can't be easy to try and work with a little one at home. Isolating too! Sending lots of love! 

@danielle250701 aaawww I love that your babies are so close together! Hopefully they will be really close in childhood and beyond 😍❤️ Surprising that you don't have your next scan date, chase it up maybe? You didn't get the appointment after your dating scan then? I'm just over a week behind you (17 weeks on Friday) and I swear in starting to feel flutters when I lie still in bed at night. I'm so excited to feel baby move properly. What an amazing feeling.

After hearing the heartbeat yesterday I am finally starting to feel excited! I think I just needed a bit of early second trimester reassurance. After being so poorly it has been strange to leave that behind but I don't know, I guess the positivity is now flowing a little better. The key change will be after the anomaly scan! Cannot wait. And then I'll start hoping time slows down, no doubt, so I can enjoy the pregnancy 😂🙈
  • @Ashwee2428 I completely understand how you feel with the second lockdown it’s such an unpredictable time! That is so cute with your little boy!🥰 
    @ginajolly90 I finally got my scan through in the post, my 20 week scan will take place when I’m exactly 21 weeks on the 27th jan and I’m hoping they will be so close! And ah how exciting! There’s nothing better than feeling bubs move! And ahh I know what you mean I was the same with my little girl, I’m trying to enjoy pregnancy a lot more this time round tho as I feel like last pregnancy I wished it away a lot because I wanted to meet my baby. Hope you’re all ok during this lockdown! 
  • @danielle250701 I'm so excited by your revival of this thread! It is so quiet!! 27th Jan, whoop, it's soon! Mine won't be too far behind either, so exciting! Movement is still very sporadic and it hasn't moved on from flutters yet, but hopeful things are ok! How are you getting on, both with baby and otherwise? 

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and I have just let myself become bothered by colourless pee...I feel dead embarrassed, I'd never normally call the doctor for something so trivial! I've had my heartbeat in my ear all day long too. Urgh!! The scan couldn't come soon enough, desperate to know things are ok! 
  • @ginajolly90 oh bless you, yeah it’s so soon! I’m really looking forward to it! And oh bless you, I’m the same with movement some days I feel a lot of flutters other days I feel none! And oh bless you, it’s so normal to worry a lot! I did with my little girl, I’m a bit more calm second time around but I still worry! It’s so normal, if you don’t worry about your baby who will ey😉 I think we over worry in pregnancy for good reason! We’re the only ones who can monitor our babies constantly so it’s better to “over worry” than to not worry at all! I’m getting on really well tbh, I have no complaints. This lockdown is really rubbish but I’m trying to look at the positives which is my partner is home as he’s furloughed and so we get to spend a lot of time together and I’ve got an extra hand around the house and with our little girl who doesn’t like to sleep😩😩 so with my partner being home I get to nap a lot (if and when it’s needed) 
  • @danielle250701 I will definitely try and take on what you're saying about trying to stay calmer and enjoy the pregnancy! I am still feeling better by the day but the big one will be the anomaly scan, for sure! Ah ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I tend to only feel things either sat on the sofa or laying down, when I'm still - which makes sense when baby is still so small I guess! Aha, so right on the worrying! I'm so glad you're well and the lockdown situation and your partner's furlough is working out ok! And the opportunity to nap is always a good thing!!

I'm so glad it's Friday! I went out to enjoy the snow yesterday but I'm worried about it having iced over today so not sure about trying to get on a walk...might do a post work workout instead!! Goodness me it's nice to be able to exercise again after so long being poorly.
  • Hi moms does any one know anything about placenta interior and am I save with my baby
  • I don't know if anyone is still checking up on this thread but I had my anomaly scan last Monday and all was fine, we are expecting a baby boy! 

Now 21+3 and feeling so much better, baby is making himself known now on a daily basis!

@Elsie1, @danielle250701 and @Ashwee2428 how are you getting on?