Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in June 2021

1789101113»

Replies

• @ginajolly90 sorry, completely missed your message 🤦‍♀️

Haha, yes I have a list of stuff to do before baby comes, but generally end up having a nap instead! The heat isn't helping either, although I don't want to complain about the sunshine! 

Haha, yes I always look forward to the midwife checkups, it feels like a social outing and chat! Although my midwife has just changed, so I don't think the new one is so chatty!

Oh, glad the course has helped you feel more calm about it. I definitely didn't do enough research the first time and just sent along with what the doctors said at the time. Are you planning for a hospital or home birth? I would love a water birth. 💦
  • @ERM you're right about the heat....and the napping! I'm so blooming thankful I finished for mat leave when I did, I don't think I would have had the energy for much more, I feel so drained all the blooming time! How are you doing with the jobs now?

I disappointingly don't have a midwife appointment this week, next one is next Thursday...typically when the baby is having a quiet time too, if he doesn't pipe up in the next few hours I think I'll ring and head down to the MAC to be checked, just to be sure!

I'm hoping for a home birth and that is what we are planning for but obviously open to whatever happens in terms of keeping the baby safe. The 'risk bar' for transfer to hospital is so low I feel wholly and completely safe for me and the baby - we will see what happens! But I'd love to stay at home for the duration, for sure! What about you? Other than the water birth (I bet that'll be amazing!!)..
  • I'm trying to go out for a long walk each day to hopefully encourage baby to move down, but when I get home I'm so tired I don't really do anything else! My parents live close and help with my little boy, so that is really helpful! I think everything that needs to be done before baby is done now, but there are plenty of other jobs I should be getting on with!

Oh no, if you think baby is slowing down you should go get checked. You would feel better too and not worry. I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's always better to check.

Ah, home birth sounds lovely! Hope it's all straight forward for you and you can stay at home. Yes, if needed I think they can normally get you to hospital pretty quickly. Is your hospital nearby? I've been reading a hypnobirthing book and food talk to my husband about a home birth, but needed induction and forceps last time so he's a bit worried about being at home. So I think a water birth in hospital is a good compromise. I'm a bit worried about the car drive when in labour.

They've offered stretch and sweep from this Sunday to try and encourage him to come early, so I have to decide whether to accept that or not!
  • Sorry @ERM I only just saw this!! It's so good that you have had help with your little boy, and keeping moving sounds good! I was doing well until waking up with sciatica on Saturday - no fun. So just yoga for me at the moment now!

Baby all good, so that's grand! He decided to pipe up just as I was wondering what to do! You birth plan sounds good, I really hope it goes as you want it to!! Me missing this message for 6 days means you could have had your baby by now, eeek! I'm now hoping this guy comes a little early as the back pain is a little frustrating, I hate to feel physically incapable! 

Did you go for the sweep? I'm hoping to get offered one tomorrow at my midwife appointment, or at the very least find out what the craic is with my cervix!!
  • @ginajolly90 Oh no, sorry to hear about your sciatica. That must be really difficult. Glad you're able to keep going with the yoga. Yes, it's so hard to be in pain and not able to do what you'd like.

That's great that baby decided to start moving for you again! It's really difficult to know when to call sometimes, so always reassuring when they're wriggly!

No, still waiting! I had a sweep on Monday, sure said the cervix was slightly open and in a good position, so that's encouraging. I had a few mild cramps yesterday but that's all stopped now so I don't think he's coming just yet! Got midwife on Friday so hopefully have another sweep then. He's just too comfy in there 🙈

How are you finding filling your time? I'm getting really fed up because I feel like I'm not doing much, but equally don't want to arrange lots of meet-ups because I keep thinking baby might come!
  • @ERM you're still waiting too, aaaahhhh. I didn't ever think I'd be desperate to get him out but it really has gotten so uncomfortable in the last week, out of nowhere!! You're right it is so difficult to know, especially when he is normally so quiet anyway, eeek!

Oh gosh, that's so frustrating! At least your cervix is getting ready, that sounds positive! Maybe now the cervix is doing it's thing, the sweep tomorrow will be more successful? I'll keep everything crossed for you!

I'm not doing too bad with my time, I feel like I spend most of it resting but then I'm trying to do daily yoga, a couple of chores (sometimes!) and then some level of social, either over zoom or in the garden...since I can no longer go anywhere! Middle of last week I made the decision to stop driving anywhere really as the cramps were ramping up (although since possibly tailed off again?!) and I didn't want to get caught away from home! But basically between eating and sleeping and a few bits and bobs, most of my day is gone! Shameful I know!! The time is passing quickly but I'm ready to not be pregnant, for sure.
  • Haha, I completely know what you mean! I feel like I can't think about anything other than when he's going to come! Every little twinge or cramp I get far too excited 🙈

How did your midwife appointment go today?

Ah, my first was really quiet in the womb and was the most chilled baby ever! So hopefully yours will be too! 

Ah, yes I'm not venturing too far from home anymore either! I'm a bit nervous of my water's suddenly going when out in public or on soft furniture where it's not easy to clean up! 🤣
  • Hi ladies hope you’re both well! My little girl arrived at 37 weeks giving me and my partner a big surprise! She is now four weeks old and doing really well 🥰 wishing you safe deliveries and enjoy all the newborn snuggles once baby arrives xx
  • @Elsie1 oh wow! Congratulations! 🎉 That must have been a huge surprise! Glad she is doing well 🥰
  • Sorry about the delayed response @ERM!! I only just saw this (again)! It's amazing how quickly a week passes too - crazy. Still no baby here!! Midwife appointment went well last week, baby still engaged but no signs of movement other than pre-labour I feel like I've been going through the last 4 weeks!! I have my next midwife appointment tomorrow (39+6) and I will be getting my first sweep, if the midwife is able to! Remains to be seen whether this is effective or not but may as well give it a chance! I love the fact your first baby was quiet both in and out of the womb...I'll be hoping for the same correlation here, aha!! Ooohhhh hopefully you won't have a crash of waters in a public place (to be fair you may have had a baby in the last six days, I could be coming to this very late!!), fingers crossed!!

Ahhhhh congratulations @Elsie1!! I can't believe you have a 4 week old and I'm still pregnant ahaha. How are you all getting on? Can't wait to join you in meeting our little one now!  <3
  • @ginajolly90 Happy Due date! 🎉
    How did your midwife checkup go yesterday? Hope the stretch and sweep works for you 🤞

I'm very excited to say baby has come!!! 🥳 I went out for a really long walk in the morning, felt a few funny cramps but didn't think it was much. About 12 noon I started to get regular but very mild contractions, they were coming close together, every 4 minutes or so, but really mild so I wasn't sure what to do. I counted them for a couple of hours, they got really close together, but really mild still. I went in to hospital about 4, and was 8 cm dilated! Managed to get into the water for a few minutes and he was born at 5.25 pm with very few pushes! We were allowed home after 3 hours and got a cheeky McDonalds on the way home!

I have to say the Hypnobirth breathing helped SO much! I 'lost' it for a few minutes and it hurt so much, but when I calmed down and breathed properly again it was so much better.

Really looking forward to hearing your story soon! And hope it goes really smoothly for you too 🤞
  • Benjamin Richard
    16th June
    8 pounds 15 oz 🥰
  • Aaaahhhh so gorgeous, congratulations @ERM!! Such a beautiful birth story too, I love it!! So good to hear that the breathing is helpful, I've done lots of practicing so here's to hoping it helps for me too!!

Oh how I wish I could go for a walk! I really think it would help but I'm just a hobbling mess so I can't go far and I can't go fast. I'm spending lots of time on the birth ball but it hasn't really helped so far! 🙈

Midwife appointment went well last week, 1cm dilated so managed to get a go at the sweep. I lost my mucus plug the next morning and I've had on and off (mostly on evening and during the night) cramps since but very mild so not a lot happening! I'm booked in for another sweep on Thursday but trying to get another one tomorrow as well.

Feeling really emotional at the moment, I'm struggling a lot with my body as the days go by, knowing I'm getting bigger and bigger, the fact I'm going to have loads of loose skin and saggy belly. I think it's compounded by lots of pregnant women I've connected with having babies between 36-39 weeks and my envy around that, knowing at that stage I could still walk, workout, had few stretch marks, was much smaller (it's crazy how much bigger I've gotten in the last 4 weeks!!), didn't have a whole itchy bump rash etc etc. The late stage of pregnancy I've found really tough and I'm very much looking forward to it ending!!

Anyway, enough of my moaning, how are you getting on?! Nearly a week in already, how is it having a newborn again? Your little family looks blooming gorgeous. I hope you're recovering well? 

P.S. Love the name Benjamin, it's on our shortlist too!!
  • @ginajolly90 oh, I'm so sorry that you're finding it so tough. Hopefully the sweeps with for you, losing your plug and cramps sound hopeful 🤞 bouncing on the ball should help hopefully even if you can't walk far. Also hormones are all over the place aren't they, so no wonder you're upset and frustrated. I ended up crying over chicken in Lidl because I couldn't find what I wanted 🤦‍♀️

I suppose the only good thing about going over is a bigger baby should be able to feed better and sleep longer!

We're getting on ok, Benji sleeps well in the day, but doesn't want to sleep on his own at night so he's been sleeping on me at night. It's not too bad as my husband's on paternity leave so he can play with the toddler while I sleep, but next week I've got them both on my own, so we'll see how that goes 🙈
  • @ginajolly90 How are you getting on? 
    I guess all the June babies should be here now! x
  • Hi @ERM I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you!! He was born on 24th June at 8.36pm so probably as you were writing that message, how weird is that!!

Absolutely blooming loving him and motherhood. What a joy. Cannot believe he is nearly 6 weeks old already! How are you doing? 
  • Leonard Alexander aka Lennie

• @ginajolly90 Congratulations! What wonderful news, he's gorgeous!

Glad it's going well, it goes so quickly doesn't it!

How was the birth? Did you have him at home? Xx
  • @ERM sorry for the delay, always something going on! Today were his first jabs so I have some time whilst he naps on me 😂😂

Birth was amazing, I loved it! I went into hospital in the end as after 17 hours of labour and being convinced I was in established labour for a couple of hours a midwife came round and told me I was 2cm dilated... All a bit strange as I had started getting strange ejection feelings which the midwife said was 'latent phase nausea'. Didn't feel right to me so immediately went to hospital, waters broke outside the hospital entrance, I was assessed and fully dilated and he was born about 45 minutes later! So I'm not sure whether I went from 2 to 10cm dilated in half an hour or whether the midwife was just mistaken. Weird.

Absolutely loving motherhood, best thing I've ever done. And now he is interacting and giving back its even better. Those smiles... Oh my god! How are you getting on?