Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Due in March 16 Big Birth Announcement thread

2»

Replies

• Options

Thanks Danielle the labour bit really wasn't too bad just the aftermath hee hee but for some crazy reason id do it all again! Lady bits aren't bad at the mo I've got good pain killers and antibiotics not to mention lactulose to help me go to loo I'm not looking forward to that though yikes x

• Options

thanks for sharing your story emsypop. You are a very brave and strong lady. I would have expected severe pain especially with a third degree tear. Your girls look gorgeous together. I am glad you have enough pain relieve and Aurora Rose is doing well. 

• Options

Is it really wrong I clearly remember my first post baby poo from over 6 and a half years ago? Took me 9 days to go.... I was glugging that Lactulose like water!

• Options

Here's my story about having my princess Isabelle.  When to the hospital on the 7th March to have my steroids because she was only going to be 37+6  had to stay in and be monitored because of the gestational diabetes and they were worried my sugar levels might go up so had to be monitored for 24 hours. On the morning of the 9th March I was all ready for my c/section put my gown on and walked down to theatre I was so nervous even though this was my second section when I got there the was about 15 hospital staff  they were all very happy and made me feel so at ease. I sat on the bed with my feet up on a chair why they put the spinal block in my back then lay me down on the bed I could feel my legs going numb they kept spraying me with freezing cold spray until I couldn't feel it anymore then the drape when up and they were ready to go. I could here them talking about what they were doing i couldn't feel anything apart from abit of movement and with in 20 mins she was out she was crying then she got weighed she was 7 lb 6. When they were finished I went to recovery to do blood pressure and pulse then was ready to go on ward they checked Isabelle blood sugar levels and they were low so they took her to special care I was a bit upset as I new I couldn't see her until the next morning. The next day I got up and dressed I was really sore but took pain relief and went down to special care in a wheel chair they said that her sugar levels were ok and she could come back to the ward stayed in that night then was discharge on the Friday. She's a week old now it's been hard getting up and down but I have managed had my dressing took off today so feel loads better here she is baby Isabelle a week oldimage x

• Options

hi everyone here goes my birth story having my little woody I went to have a growth scan on the 16th March followed by the consultant so I went for my scan to get told I had very little fluid left and baby hadn't gained any weight since my last scan and really need to deliver baby with in the next 24 to 48 hours so u can imagine I got in a bit of a panic and after scan said we're not even gonna send u to consultant make a plan for u we want u to go straight to triage in another hospital where I was expected to give birth from the beginning so I quick rang my oh and made arrangements for family member to stay with my other sons gets to triage n the 16th March around 4pm then 10 pm that evening I had tablets inserted and got told I needed to give them 24 hours to kick in but had to stay in hospital care until then and also my blood pressure had gone through the roof at this point finally started getting contractions at 6pm on the 17th 10 mins apart so then they give me gel at midnight as I still was only 1-2 cm and everytime I had a contraction baby heart beat dropped they decided to take me to delivery suite about 1 in the morning on the 18th and break my waters by now contractions where very strong but still only 3cm with baby's heart still dropping they decided enough was enough and an emergency c section had to be done so took me straight down numbed me and with in minutes my little man had arrived safe and sound and I could finally breath I'm still in hospital recovering but both are doing well should be expected to go home in the next couple of days my little man weighed 5lb 10 and a half ounces I'm totally in love xx

• Options

Thanks so much for posting your birth story pearl16, we really hope you and Woody are home soon and your section starts healing up nicely.

• Options

Hi sorry this is just me getting back on to try repost my birth story.

On the 5th March at 8.15 I started to get these tighten pains every 10mins and I wouldn't settle or sit down. Was going back and forward to the toilet. I stayed in the house trying to get ready between these and see if they would ease off.

I ended up putting my bags in my car so I was ready just in case. NY hubby was at work however I was texting him so he knew whst was going on. I drove to my mums shop as I didn't want to be myself. I was still getting the pains but between 8 to 10mins and my lower back was killing me. I was still going to the toilet having diarrhea (sorry tmf)

I ended up phoning about 11 as my midwife said when they were every 10mins apart and reg I was to phone and let know however not go up till they every 5mins. They were busy so I had to pass on NY details and some information and wait to get a calk back. Took an hour n half for someone to call me back and I told her akk that was going on her reply "sounds like a tummy bug so we wouldn't want to bring you in in case it is. Drink plenty and had on a urinr sample on Monday" 

I was shocked tbh as I was 2 days past my due date and I knew thus was NOT a tummy bug. But I done as she told me. I went to my mums after she finished at 1 to lie down still having these about 10mins. Mum made me soup and tea and gave me more pain killers. Around 3 my hubby text me he was getting away from work an hour early and was coming over.

At 4.20 my waters broke... I phoned up again told them what happened and got given an appointment to go in 6 to get checked. When I got there they put me on the monitor and my heart rate and baby's was really high. I was on this over 2 hours until the midwife said wasn't too happy so was sending me up to get furthered assessed. (During this I was told I would probably be sent home and if baby didn't cone by Monday I would then be induced)

When I got upstairs around 9 I was told I was already 3cm so they put me into a room with the midwife and hooked me up again on the monitor and on fluids. Our heart rates finally went down however my blood pressure was still high so they said they would keep me in. NY hubby and mum was with me and we thought okay this is it.. We were wrong as around 11ish were told that they were going to move me into the ward as baby was okay now and the epukd just do obs on me and that my hubby and mum were to go home ... I made it obvious that I wasn't keen on my hubby going 1. The last time he had to leave me in hospital I had our 1st mc after being mislead and thought it was all okay. And 2. I was scared if I went into labour I wouldn't have anyone 

After a bit the midwife came back and informed me she got a side room and my hubby could stay. NY brother came for mum to take her home.

I got to the room and was given painkillers as my back pain was still there. I had to then ask again for more when I was due more as I wasn't sleeping I was that sore. As this point I was more focused on my back pain than anything. Around 8ish they came and done NY obs and was told they doctors will be found and we will see from there what will happen. It was nearly 1030am and still no doctor however midwife came back and said about a convo I had with the doctors the night before about if I hadn't sent myself they would give me a jump start again so at 1130 I was taking back down stairs at the midwifery suite and to get assessed again and was told I was 3 to 4cm. Turns out I was 2cm the night before when I was examined but could stretch to 3.

At about 12 i ended up on the hormone drip and fluids. Still having the really bad back pain I was aware of my contractions at the front. Over the next few hours the next midwife monitored the full thing and slowing upping the dose up the hormone drip which at one point she had to turn down as it was making me have contractions back to back with no space in between.

I got to 6cm with nothing however after that I hit a brick wall .... NY back pain was worse than ever so they ended up making this oil which snekt awsone and got NY hubby to rub it into the bottom of NY back.

After this I was put onto gas and air which didn't seem to work but I stayed on it as much as I could but I felt funny. After while I asked for something else which I was going to get the epidural. So I got assessed and I was fully deluited so I was told that there wasnt much point as by the time they got it in etc it may not have time to work and they things it can cause so I went for the EPU I think it was a new drip morphine im sure which you push the bottom for it yourself however as its so strong it only let's you do 3 every so often and you have to have oxygen at the same. They couldn't get it at first so the doctor ended up giving a shot of it as he could see I was in so much pain. I ended up being really badly sick so I also had to get a sickness jag.

Midwife changed over to another one who was just starting her shift at around half 8 which I didn't like lol but I was away with it by this point the room was spinning I was fslkibg asleep in between the pain and thought things was going on that weren't. I told my mum I needed to poo and she told me it was baby lol.

Midwife told me I wasn't ready to push and just to keep going etc.

My little princess ended up being born at 9.36pm weighting 7lb2 on 6th March 2016.

I had tears inside and out also grazes inside as well. The midwife couldn't seem to stop the bleeding while she was stitching me up so had to get another midwife in to help which finally they managed to fully stop it.

Due to my waters breaking before the time they had to stick Brodie onto a 24 hour obs so we had to stay in longer. 

We were finally allowed home on Tuesday 8th March in the afternoon :)

Our little princess is now 15days old and is doing great :) some nights she gets up once others she'll sleep right through. She has a cold atm but is so very content.

I would go through all of that again! However maybe next time I'll get my birthing pool like my plan haha xxx

• Options

Wow dorie90, that was such an intense read - what a birth story!
    Thanks so much for posting it, it was so intense!

• Options

Here is my birth story and it's a short one because it was a short one lol, I woke up at 5am Sunday morning to contractions that were 10-15 mins apart, slowly they got stronger and to 3-4 mins by 14:30pm. I got to the hospital at 3pm where I had my cervix examined and I was already 9cm dilated, I was having gas and air but by the time it came to push it annoyed me holding the thing so for the last hour I pushed without any pain relief and she came out very quickly which has caused me to have a 3rd degree tear which is very painful but she is sooooo worth it, born at 17:12 2 hours after I got to the hospital and weighing 6 pound 4 :) xxxx

• Options

Apart from the tear Beckie833, that's like the dream birth scenario! Well done you and welcome to the World Mila!

• Options

It's taken me a while to type this up but I'm going to give it a shot now. 

I was over due by 6 days. I had had 2 sweeps at this point where I felt the mw was trying to birth a cow! ..Fed up and lay on my bed feeling sorry for myself. It was just before 6pm Friday 18th March. I got out of the bath and thought I needed the toilet so sat down quickly, assuming the leak I had just made on the floor was pee! ...I stood up and still I was weeing! ...only after a minute or two did I actually think that it could be my waters haha....I called in my oh after shoving a bath towel in between my legs (so classy) ...and told him that I wasnt quite sure if I was peeing or my waters had gone ..his face was priceless haha ...I don't know who was more nervous, me or him! ...made it to the bedroom where the water just kept flowing out of me in large bursts. At this point I had called my kids in to tell them the news so had 4 kids ranging from 17 down to 5 all excited. After I had soaked through two large bath towels did I start to accept that things were happening. I got my make up on and sorted my hair whilst my oh panicked his way through the list of last little bits I hadn't gathered for my bag. I had no pains at all and didn't quite know what to do because I hadn't ever experienced my waters breaking before when I wasn't actually in labour. I called the maternity unit who decided I should come in just for a listen to baby. when got to the hospital they confirmed that my waters had gone with a quick speculum examination. baby was doing great in there and I had only had a handful of mild contractions with no pattern at all to them. So they said I could go home to return the next day at noon to be booked in for an induction if I hadn't laboured before then. I left the hospital at half 9. Home by 10. Straight on to my birthing ball as I was determined not to let this labour go on for days. I was sat on my birthing ball trying to catch up on coronation street when the contractions started to make an appearance..it all happened quite quickly like it usually did for me. by the end of an hour passing at home I was having quite strong contractions every 2 1/2 - 3 mins apart but they were only lasting 30-45 seconds. Still very much taking my breath away. Back in the car to the hospital we went ..I was admitted to the maternity unit at midnight...ended up needing a wheel chair in to the hospital as the pains were so strong. Such a contrast to just a few hours before where I wondered how long it was going to take! I was given gas and air straight away to help ease my pains. God do I love that stuff! I was examined and found to only be 3cm. I was really gutted and thought I was in this for the long haul. The birth didn't really progress much more past 3/4 cm until about half an hour before she was actually born! ...at that point I had had a mw, a student mw, the senior mw in charge and a consultant all in with me and with exception to the consultant the others didn't actually leave the room at all...I was a bit of a mystery as my cervix just wouldn't move - a lip was stuck and wouldn't budge despite the hours of urges to push. I ended up having to have a catheter put in 5 times before it was in place, only to not even drain anything. I had a canulla in my hands as one failed. I think they were heading towards the c sec thoughts with the cervix not budging. Then at 4am they checked me again I was 8cm...then they started to finally see some of baby coming down with my pushes...4.21am after the hardest labour I've ever experienced in all 5 of my births our little girl entered the world. She was a star throughout. Didn't once get distressed and was perfect in every way. Daddy cut the cord after having a few unexpected tears. It was a hard labour because I felt the urge to push nearly most of it and the pains had no breaks between..the gas and air didn't leave my mouth! .. The mw thinks that this was probably due to baby's position / being back to back. But all in all it was only around 4 hours which matches my longest ever labour so I feel quite lucky there. no stitches needed and done it all on gas & air with the help of my oh's poor squashed hand. I remember feeling so relieved that it was all over! And that's that, the story of my labour with Evie Isabella 😊

• Options

Awwww that's amazing :) so good to read :) well done you :) lucky you for not having to need stitches :) and evie Isabella is a lovely name :) xxxx

• Options

Thanks for sharing Natty my baby also had a similar position. No stitches in that position is amazing.

• Options

Wow Nattyg, and they say giving birth gets easier each time - lies, all lies! But you did wonderfully! Absolutely fascinating about how your waters were leaking too. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your birth story. Wonderful to read.