Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 17

Replies

• Don't get me wrong I've been walking a lot but that's not to try to make baby come it's just because I always have walked a lot and as we are getting ready to move house I've been cleaning and packing so it's not like I'm sitting doing nothing but I just think babies come when they want to not when we want them to lol. 

• Happy due date LizzyO we hope all is well! 

• Thanks DanielleMFM. No sign of him appearing today but off to the midwife later and will hopefully have a sweep. I've been in a couple of times with reduced movements (not helping my anxiety levels!) so they want to induce next Wednesday if he's not here before.

Hope everyone else is doing well x 

• Hey ladies my waters broke this morning so I've gotta go in at 6am to be induced if my contractions don't pick up xx

• At least you know you will have your baby soon paige. Best of luck, let us know how you get on x

• Hi ladies, i have 3 days left until my due date... im so exhausted now... want this baby out haha

• not long now Paige, stay strong! 

• Good luck Paige! We hope you're doing well and baby will be here really soon! 

• Hey ladies, Harper was born at 5:05am this morning weighing 8lb half an ounce. 

had abit of a shock. Labour was going well went from 2cm - 10cm in 4 hours. Managed to pus her headout eventually and then her shoulders got stuck. So i had about 8/9 people rush im the room and get her out and as she wasn't breathing. was the scariest 10 mins of my life. Thankfullly they got her breathing and settled her. She's currently in the nicu unit and hopefully she'll be with me later depending on her observations and how her bloods and that come back. Was horrible going back through them doors. I was really hoping I'd get to come home and have proper bounding time with her, as I didn't get it with my first daughter either. I'm just grateful she's doing well. 

🎀

• Oh paige I'm glad to hear she's OK.  Congratulations. That must have been such a scary time for you. You will get time with her soon and at least she has arrived. X

• Congratulations Paige, though that does sound terribly scary. Do you have an update today? How is Harper doing and are you ok?

Also, here's the link to the Big Birth Announcement thread if the new mums fancy posting your birth stories. We would love to hear them. 

• Congratulations Paige

• Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to let you know about a couple of threads we're chatting about today.
    For some of you, this will be your first Mother's Day, so we we're wondering what you would like to receive as a gift? Please come and tell us here. 

If there are some of you who find Mother's Day tough, for whatever reason, please do come and share your thoughts on this different thread here. 

We're also asking do you think this statement is true? 'I finally know what real love is, now I have a baby'. That's on this thread here. 

• Here's Shawn, he lost 500grams the 1st 5days and he's gained 2lbs 4oz between day 5-10

Labour started out like a joke about 9pm on the 11th march, then it intensified about midnight. Called the birth centre and they said to come in to get checked and if I was less than 4cm I would get sent back. contractions were coming every 4mins so I prayed I was more than 4cm cos I really needed something for the pain. 

Had a quick shower and went with Hubby to the hospital, was checked around 1am and I was 6-7cm. started gas and air...it was amazing!!! 3am got into the birth pool, contractions 2 in 5mins. Water was cool and soothing but at this point didn't do much to ease  the pain. Got out for another examination and I was almost fully dilated. By 6:30am I started having the urge to push with each contraction, asked the MW to check but she insisted I wasn't due another check till 9am I figured she knew I was very close and wanted to head on home so didn't want to start anything.

The MW that did my last sweep showed up yah! I love that woman! Hubby went home briefly to pick a few things, she never left my side, she saw that I was pushing and contractions were 1in 2mins 8:35  she checked and said waters were gone and that I should push if I felt like, called hubby to return immediately. he got there just in time to support me in pushing and we had our baby less than 10mins later! 

• Thankyou everyone :) finally have had a cuddle. She's had a lumber puncture done to check for meningitis or another sort of infection. But she's very happy and content x 🎀image

• sharyoh, we didn't know you'd named him Shawn - isn't he beautiful! And sounds like you had a fantastic smooth birth too. 

Paige, Harper is perfect! And what amazing hair she has too. Do you have any idea how long you're going to be staying in hospital? 

• Paige she's so cute 😀 

Glad she's doing good and you finally got a cuddle :) x

• Aw Paige she's gorgeous! Love her name too❤️X

• She's so cute Paige. Do get some rest. 

• Shayroh he looks so tiny and snug in his car seat 💙😍 I hope your enjoying him! 

Has anyone else had there babies yet? 

just an update - harpers infection has doubled, I've now also got an infection they just don't know where. I'm finding it really hard being stuck here with my other little girl at home, as she doesn't quite understand what is going on :/ xx